1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog Island... just when it couldn't get any creepier...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Riptora, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

This is the link to Dog Island which I mentioned in a previous thread.

http://www.thedogisland.com/index.html

Would anyone be interested in sending some game bred dogs there? LOL
    Craziness...

2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

ok,,is this a place that u just drop dogs off and they reproduce and live on an island? is that what I am understanding?

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

It's a hoax, I'm almost certain.

4. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I've heard of this place before.

They have a picture of a pitbull recently dropped off: http://www.thedogisland.com/visitsmall.html

Sounds like paradise to me, too bad a few people willing to live Swiss Family Robinson style couldn't settle there. I'd sign up in a heart beat. I like dogs better than people anyway :)

5. jessiepbg

jessiepbg Big Dog

It's a good idea, but the whole "dog ownership is slavery" bit kind of ticks me off. Take an animal who has been bred for centuries to work alongside humans, then set it free with little to no human contact.

14rock likes this.
  6. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Yup, you've got it.

Hoax? Not as far as I know. I just googled this site, I first heard of it from my old boss ( we were groomers ) she heard about it through a client and I honestly think this is a true thing. Some incredibly rich person probably died and left an island in his/her will! That's my guess... The shelter I used to work at had a dog willed to it. The dead owner gave a huge donation under the terms that the dog lived at the shelter. He was a screwed up dog who would have been euthed otherwise. So, people are weird.

7. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2006
    Riptora likes this.
  8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

You know I always wondered if you can gamble on water couldnt you do just about anything....if there is no jurisdiction and all...makes me want to make an artificial island and invite every dogman worth his salt to the festivities...I need to check some laws BRB.....OH yeah I heard this Dog island is a fake too..I dunno never been there or met a dog who has either......

9. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

10. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

thank God,,i was thinking there was some real nuts out there,,worse then the ones I normally deal with and that is pretty bad

11. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I read through the site a little more and found this, sounds more like a wild goose chase to me.

http://www.thedogisland.com/directions.html

MAPS & DIRECTIONS:

Getting to the island is not particularly easy. Considered part of US Minor Outlying Islands, we are most easily accessed by departing from the coast of Tallahassee, Florida, where our office is.
    Because of recent threats from anti-freedom activists, we've had to make our land office a maze to get to. However, if you would like to come visit us, come to Tallahassee, and look up all the dog grooming professionals in town.

Arrange their names alphabetically, and then you'll see that their names relate in a way with the street names of downtown Tallahassee. When you realize this pattern, start at "A" and go through "W" each time marking your way with a piece of red tape on the door.

We will be watching and will approach you and your dog if you appear correct.

You will then need to arrange with a Dog Island representative to pick you up on a boat that will take you and your dog on a beautiful 3 hour boat ride to the island.

12. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

LOL- this thread comes at an odd time for me...I just watched "The Island" tonight for the first time. Created a very odd mental picture for me, the movie is pretty strange. I kept picturing all these cloned dogs in white jumpsuits...

13. Suki

Suki Guest

I hear yah on that.....;)