1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog of the Month Nomination Process

Discussion in 'Dog of the Month' started by Vicki, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

The nomination process for the Dog of the Month has been a part of the contest since it's been here on Game Dog, which is longer than some of you have been members.

Once we reach over ten or so dogs, we do a nomination process to choose the top ten, the best submissions to go to the vote.

Dog of the month is a long, tedious task to complete. I do it for the members. If you all just want to go and devalue the contest by just submitting your nomination as the first ten dogs submitted because you feel 'you snooze, you lose', then there is just no reason for me to do the contest for you.

I can consider a few options.

One, not do the dog of the month anymore. But why punish those who enjoy the contest?
    Two, remove the nominations for the first ten and ask for a re-submination.
    Three, remove the nominations,their picture and ban the offenders for 48 hours.

Here is an excerpt from the Dog of the Month Contest:

About Contest:

There will be a monthly contest held for the best picture of a puppy owned by a member of game-dog.com. Submissions will be of a puppy of: any breed, and, posed in any way. They CAN NOT be wearing any costumes, hats, etc. with the exception of any type of service/working vests, and any type of harness. Besides those exceptions the dog can only be wearing a collar. The contest will be judged on the quality/creativity of the picture, and the overall health state and look of the puppy.

Every picture that is submitted and falls within the above rules will be eligible to be voted on as a winner.
    You will have 2 weeks to submit your pictures.

Nominations will be opened for 1 week to pick the top 10 candidates. If there are less than 10 entries in the first 2 weeks, additional submitting will be allowed for the 3rd week until 10 entries are submitted.

A poll will be set up for the 4th week along with the top 10 pictures and voting will continue through the end of the month.

The winner will be announced the first week of the following month.

If, in a contest, there is a tie between two or more puppies, there will be a 24 hour tie-breaker voted on by members. If there is still a tie, there will be an additional 24 hour tie-breaker voted on by staff members, and if a decision still can not be made, the first available administrator will decide the winner.

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Personally, it doesn't make a difference to me how it gets done.The reason I personally chose the 1st 10 is because IMO it's easier to view all the competition and be one of the last ones to post knowing what the competition looked like. That's my whole reason, it sure wasn't because of anything else. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure everybody will deal with it fine. I think it's a cool contest and I enjoy the friendly competition between fellow doggers, even though I normally don't have a horse in the race.

3. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Hell said first ten cause I was one of first ten I won't lie

Sincerely Yours, Cajun