1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog scale

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by sega, May 4, 2012.

1. sega

sega Big Dog

has anyone ever used a fish scale for dog weight, let me know what kind some of u use and how much it cost u to get that set up, also how u secure the dog for it via strapes or if its a ground scale,.

2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

never tried it....and ive noodled fish that weigh more than my dogs right outta the grand river LOL

3. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

Yea we have used hanging scales that were designed to be used for fish before. And we use a shoe string to weigh the dog on any hanging scale.

4. sega

sega Big Dog

how do u tie a string to em? under his front arms? i would imagine that a string so thin would hurt. i got rope i can use maby hook to his harnees or something, calibrate the scale with the harness n rope n then weigh the dog...

lee d i dont see how u do that shit, i cATCH raccons possoms, rats alligators n any other kinda swamp creature but i aint abt to stick my hand in a hole that i cant see, unless its a warm one

5. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

Yea put it under the front arms and tie it tight in a bow over the dogs back. For the few seconds that the dog is on a scale its not hurting the dog.