1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Double GR CH's

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by PIt4life, Nov 2, 2006.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Thanks for your input, thats exactly what I was talking about, where winning is more important to some folks then our breeds special gift (gameness). I dont have an intrest in the sport because I specifically like the idea of two animals fighting, nor do I care much for this never-tested fastlane ace stuff. Further, I dont care if an animal wins or loses, so long as it makes a game effort it will always earn its chainspot and feed till the day it dies. Gameness is inspiring, that will always be with you, and touch you. Winning, bets, and famous dogs come and go. Dont let other influences ruin your perspective now, because when its gone, you will have nothing to show for it, except very possibly a few jail sentences if you care to match dogs in this day and age.

2. NGDOGMAN

NGDOGMAN Big Dog

you took me all the wrong way rock. I was speaking strictly from a historical view on dogs like chinaman and zebo. I dont assume anything and i do not even begin to think you can just throw an ace together i wish. and when i was speaking of the gamebred forum i meant that everyone knew game was the most important and always came first hence a given. and when you say thanks for the input about winning being the most important thing i meant if i was tg and had either my dog chinaman that was probably never really tested b/c he was such a good dog or the other dog i am taking chinaman all day. but like i said in the next post does not mean he will produce. Just be an ace and his blood will die out if it is not game like the zebo line. sorry for any confussion.

3. NGDOGMAN

NGDOGMAN Big Dog

correct me if i am wrong ( i mean that literally as a question)
    these dogs were bred to win fights originally? gameness was the trait that could allow a dog to win a fight under the rules of combat and has become the definition of the breed. all these game breedings produced some aces, some not testable. Was an ace not the end desired dog for any dogman in the sport back in the day. just about a guaranteed winner. hence they were all breeding to get an ace that was such a warrior he could not be challenged or really tested. and yea some aces might have been curs but some probably were game as hell.

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I dont have a problem with "Aces", I hope your not getting the impression I only admire game plugs. LOL!

You are correct, these dogs were bred to fight, gameness was the trait that was bred around, as this was a key tool in a scratching style dog-fight.

I believe the mis-understanding is we are talking of two diffrent subjects. I'm talking about breeding of gamedogs, you are refering to what to look for in a match dog. Just because a dog was good enough to win fights, pre-76, does not mean it was suitable for breeding.

5. runt

runt Big Dog

6. Rock,
    What is a complete package?
    Being long winded, strong jaws, stamina, agility, cleverness ....

Is dead game in this package? Is dead game something you look for?

If a dog is long winded, has strong jaws, has agility and cleverness, I would never hessitate even 1 minute to use it for my breeding program!

I am sure you read the article called "gamest stracth ever ". That is gameness and I would feel very happy if my dog has that kind of gameness but it is not enough! You need a very strong jaw.

Go to hunting with a dead game dog and go with a dog with strong mouth. which will be usefull for you!

7. NGDOGMAN

NGDOGMAN Big Dog

rock you are right again after i left work yesterday this stuck in my head until i figured out what you were saying and that is exactly it i was talking about strictly matches not breedings. that is why i mentioned zebo. story goes he was a great match dog but did not produce. and to get one of these aces you had to of been doing it right when you bred. meaning good game breedings. and the very best of these breedings would imo come together perfect sometimes creating a dog so far ahead of all the comp. like the db gr chs. in this thread and dogs that could not even really seem to be challenged.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2006
  8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Blackjack, I'm not a dog-fighter, I'm only an admirer of truely game animals. I admire the dogs we know about today because of their undieing spirit, and their ability to pass that on to their sons and daughters. Hard mouth? Best wrestler? All that is relative to the competition, and every few years a badder dog will come out, or a smarter dog, whatever. Gameness now, is seen in the same levels as it was 200 years ago by those who care. Thats it, thats why I love this breed, the rest is useless as far as I'm concerned. Want a hard-biter? Get a Kangal. Want a strong wrestler? Get a Rottweiler. You see where I'm going with this? The rest is secondary, and only worth a damn if you are matching dogs. I'd rather not, and these things are something I'll never care for as long as I'm on American soil.

9. Yes, thats it^^

10. You and I think exactly the same! I like pitbulls because of the gameness and I have never matched any dogs untill now nor will do in the future! But I have watched. But if I buy a new dog, it will come from a afamily which has a strong mouth, gameness, agility.

11. masta of game

masta of game Banned

bro, thats exactly how i look at it too. word for word

12. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

13. pitz&jitz

pitz&jitz Pup

that black gyp Hope was a gr. ch. I believe. She was mentioned in one of the stratton books.

14. short1

short1 Big Dog

maybe with the 2 dogs that went 6+ hrs maybe just maybe they nutralized each other and it came down to gameness the most important trait of all

15. WNK

WNK Big Dog

16. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

17. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

never read or heard anything about any of the assassin dogs being dual gr ch. dont remember seeing anything in the sdj that listed assassin II as a 2x gr ch. I talked to some guys years ago about those dogs and it never came up.

18. WNK

WNK Big Dog

I saw that Assassin II have 2 pedigrees in the database. I heard that he is not 10xw but 7xw, like written in the other pedigree.

19. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

lots of bs out there. I had a few through assassin I by way of kings sinner.