1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Earning a title.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ziggy311, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

Everyone has there own concepts based on there own history with this breed of dog.
    Not every body shares the same concepts.
    But no matter how different some views may be some things should stay the same.
    Someone that maybe new or someone with limited knowledge based what ever reasons , may base some issues different with some one who has seen & done more.
    You can read many of books over time & talk to folks that have spent over a few decades a difference in Values & Valuable things. To each his own.
    I'm just sharing personal experiences.
    NOT EVERY DOG WITH A TITTLE IS ACTUALLY AS GOOD AS YOU THINK!
    That is not a concept but a true fact.
    A tittle should signify better than average . The greater the tittle the better the dog.
    But facts are simple. These days every one wants to be something in as quick as possible.
    People have seen too may handpick easy competition just to get a tittle.
    And folks will tell you that normally you can tell because they have seen Practices better than that show. Not every dog is battling the greatest battles again hogs.
    Some of them are just merely going threw the motions.
    Seen to many shows where the hog never even bit back & they just called in in 10-15 mins. Fact! Would he have still one if the hog put something on him?
    He won but would you consider basing a family on him? never got bit the whole time.
    One bite could have turned the tables.
    Seen some that wouldn't even scratch so if no turns called & never out of hold wouldn't loose. YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE A COURTESY SCRATCH.
    Would you base a line off that?

Seen far too many winners & ch's earn there tittles going from 30 mins-1hr & 3o mins @ a show but the same ones quit in less than 10 mins in a practice or OTC.
    How come? Simple. Never had real pressure put on them.
    It's easy to win when on top! Just stay there.
    The list goes on & on. Be it good dog - mediorcore or seasoned dogman against novice starting out & don't know how to conditional & handle, etc.

To each his own. This isn't knocking tittles or titled dogs but to say based dogs off what you see & not what you have read or heard.

Every winner isn't really a winner in all eyes & every champ even though went threw the motions isn't of champion quality.
    People hand pick easy comp & cheat !

A lot of guys with dogs like that won't even base there yards off there own dogs like that.
    Because the know the flause in that dog. Why would you still have dogs years later but not have dogs based on your champ? Instead you went to another breeders yard & based it on a dog with a lesser tittle or even none.
    Don't make since but goes on every day.
    A tittle is good but a good dog is always better.
    Every one has there own opinion but one thing we have known since the begging never changes..
    " GREAT DOGS MAY NOT PRODUCE A GOOD LINE BUT A GOOD LINE WILL ALWAYS PRODUCE GREAT DOGS".
    If your into pretty peds full of tittle dogs by all means make sure they worked for it &not just went threw the motions. You pay for it later down the road when breeding a line.

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

Re: Earning a tittle.

it was in a quiet periode .....building new yard ,
    i went to a friend to fool a bitch .
    this friend was not in a quiet periode .....
    we fooled them ...and my friend said after ..
    tonight have seen a good fool .....that make me forget al those official fools of lasy year ..
    lol
    like your writing's ziggy

3. keystone

keystone CH Dog

to crazy some got born as one time this days

4. keystone

keystone CH Dog

what he said excely
    tonight have seen a nicer then the average show i have last year

5. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

All that you said is true. Some hand pick. Some fabricate. Some quit after being a champ. That is all very true.

The concept I think that is missing is that none of that has anything to do with producing and should not have anything to do with basing a yard off of. They are totally different concepts and have absolutely no correlation to one another.

The only thing that seeing a good dog and breeding to him or basing a yard off him is that by seeing him the owner/breeder/yard starter has a chance to get the 'warm fuzzies' about his plans. That is about it. Nothing a dog ever does or did in the box contributes to his ability or inability to produce. They are completely separate.

I gave this example before. Frisco never did squat in the box. His claim to fame is production. He came from a family of producers and he was out of one of the all time greats, yet he did nothing. In turn, he has been one of the most prolific producers ever. His dad, Chinaman, both performed and produced but neither had any stipulation or impact on the other. The fact they come from a family of producers is why Frisco produced, not because Chinaman won 4 and is listed as on of the all time destroyers.

Seeing a good dog can be a part of the equation, but a very small part. If his family is full of producers and performers then that is the reason to breed to him or start a yard off of him, not because he has a title or looked good in the box. S

6. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Gameness is seen on the bottom.

7. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Not all the time!

8. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Well..IMO...I'd rather have one that can handle the heat...not just flick the bic to fire one up...I was simply agreeing with what seemed to be the point.
    Its the difference between quitting and going the distance... And most often seen from the one that will hang in there ..
    Not trying to start another tok thread..but that is my outlook.
    I guess nothing is 100% certain... But that is a general rule from the old school.

9. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Only one thing can be said about all this, its all a gamble.
    I always go back to Eli. Imagine if them dogs went to dogmen
    That were just starting out. That famous litter went into
    Great capable hands, with great breeding programs, keeps
    And knowledge on how to raise a good bulldog.
    So going back to its all a gamble, you have to put all odds
    In your favor in order to be a successful gambler, breeder,
    Handler. In this succesful litter the odds were in there favor.
    I think we sometimes miss the point and put to much on a dog and
    Dont step back to see the real picture it takes way more
    Then a dog to put in the work in order to succeed.
    I believe there are more breeders out there so lost
    Breeding dogs because of a famous bloodline. To many people
    Quick to breed to keep a bloodline or family of dogs around.
    I ask for what?, if your not eventually getting them to the box in order
    To compete and win on a consitant level why the hell were they bred?
    If the breeder really cared he would put the pups in working hands, not
    Pet homes, or any tom, dick or jane with a credit card.
    This is why the game is or is going to shit. The games reality
    Is going to shit, and that reality is the box. But so much
    Other bullshit is being putbefore the box that peds and bloodlines
    Got put before it. Im rambling now, just breeding and puppy sales
    Piss me of.

10. redwar

redwar Big Dog

87buick, great post

11. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Anything that has the ability to be profitable will always draw in the people willing to make a profit, at any costs, regardless of the damage left behind.

The dogs are no different. It's easy money for lots of people and easy money is easy money. S