1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

effective, affordable wormer....

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GrChPitBitch, Jan 9, 2005.

1. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

what wormer would yall suggest?? I need sumpin that will get ALL the tummy worms.... maybe sumpin to help prevent too??

2. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

PANACURE/STONGID to get rid of them, something simple as heartworm preventative will keep 'em from coming back, well... all except *whips*, but these should'nt be a problem once you get rid of them. Use PANCURE to get rid of *whips*

dont think this is the most affordable, but it is the most EFFECTIVE. JFO-

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2005
  3. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Interceptor a heartworm medicine given monthly is supposed to be effective against controling whipworms, too in addition to Round, hook, tape..

Safe guard is the brand name of panacur

Also check out UPCO (http://www.upco.com) They have a wormer you can get without a prescription that is like Strongid, only a tad less potent. I use it and it seems to work fine

4. Nigerino.com/

Nigerino.com/ CH Dog

You can get Safe Guard at Gebos and other feed stores, it is a cheap but effective wormer, it should be used five days in a roll to insure ridding your dog of worms and then used every other month, first three days it just makes worms sick but on fourth and fifth day, worms turn loose of the intestines and pass, safe guard is very good for worming pups and grown dogs.

Attached Files:

5. Classic

Classic Big Dog

Pyrantel pamoate is the most economical for pups...
    doesn't cover hooks and whips, but small pups will not likely have these.

Safeguard (Panacur) is good and covers all, but tapes & heartworms(I think).
    It only needs to be used 3 days in a row.

Droncit plus is the best and covers all but heartworms...
    I like to use Droncit plus before a keep or just before a bitch is due to come in.

Most people I know use Ivermectin for heartworm prevention.

You can buy Safeguard 10% for goats and feed & supply stores relatively inexpensive.

6. Classic

Classic Big Dog

Hey Cujo...
    That is a very nice looking and well put together animal !

7. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

I use revolution for flea and tick preventative... sapposed to help with heart worm, and worm too... the dogs didnt have their revolution on time this month.. (my fault) and with the little pup, they all ended up with worms.... i need to worm them all again anyway... spring is in the process of springing....
    anyway, i just want to make sure i get a wormer that works damn good....

8. Nigerino.com/

Nigerino.com/ CH Dog

Thanks, his name was Revenge, he has been gone for a while now but he was a well put together dog. I have used safe guard for a long while now, I use to think three days was all it took but some one told me five days was best. Some times three days will do the job but I have had pups pass worms on the forth day, it is a safe wormer so I hit the pups up for five days just to make sure.