1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

emill?or slat/carpet ?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by BLACKPIT13, Oct 2, 2007.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I can agree with your idealogy to a certian extent...
    Loose walking in the manor in which a dog wants can have its advantages for a number of reasons, one being a dog isnt a machine, another is bodies arent pefectly aligned and treadmills have been knoen to hurt humans with two feet, let alone four...Plus the dog cant cominicate when somethings off and by th time you notice it, its probably to late... Emtying when they want is also beninfecial as opposed to when yoy want or think...
    Personally I have seen more dameage dne with emills than any other and when a backend falls out in 30, an emill is usually the corporate...

With that being said I am sure here are some masters of the emill that know how and when, the millmakers(Mr.Lemms) style of conditioning and monitering seems ideal with and emill as you can control thier speeds...

Put that emill under water like the ones they use for hydro theraphy and were talking...

You know the old sayin there is a million ways to skin a cat and the emill isnt one of them, OR IS IT???

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

alot of big kennels would work multiple dogs at the same time on emills, because they were lazy and didnt want to walk them out...
    Alot of kidney issues from unproper flushing and emptying, plus the first sign a dog was overworked on a emill is when thier rear gives out...

Your right I dont have experience with it besides what Ive seen with friends...

If the mill is going a certian speed and the dog cant control it, if they want to run faster there is PLENTY of resistance,yet if they want to slow down thier is a reverse resistance???

Since I slat belt is heavier with wood or olastic it seems the same would apply to a lesser amount as they are able to slowly change speeds which they cant do on a emill...

I know I said thier is a lot of risistance with a carpet mill , but as SLIM showed that is a thing of the past, Like I said my friends used a super slick silcone lubricated mill with a teflon deck, very little resistance if not inclined plus its bullit proof, lol...
    With that being said, the right carpet mills belt should wiegh the least out of the mills making for least resistance( if used right)...

Like I said in my last post, put it under water and that has to be the most resistance which seems like it would be good gor strength but they say it also builds stamina...

All opinons have been of value, I dont mind my dog empting in between laps and the sounds make it interesting for the dog...

3. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Its more than an ideology, or theory, its how I run my keeps. Nothing about a keep is natural, dogs are going to see wear and tear thats just a fact. Obviously if you're an idiot and you fuck up your dog thats bad but the dog eats, empties, and works on my schedule not his. When you see a back-end fall out in 30 that's got way more to do with a shitty keep or a shitty dog than trying to blame a piece of equipment.

4. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

When working MULTIPLE dogs its not about laziness its about TIME/ENERGY spent. Its easy to hand walk 1 dog. But when you got more then one dog to work it starts to take its toll on the conditioner physically especially if there is only person doing all the conditioning with no one else to help you. Kidney issues is from not emptying your dog out well before any major work out/conditioning session. A over worked dog is NOT caused by any particular equipment/tool. It is caused by the HUMAN/PERSON who doesn't know how to properly work/condition one on any given equipment.

Yes we can see your experience lacking in that department. If you want to learn anything in life do you watch a video of it or actually do it yourself hands on? LOL

Holy shit???? LMAO That is one of the worst excuses I heard for resistance in a emill LMAO Sure there some resistance when a dog tries to speed up or slow down because he is going against the speed of the emill belt (like Ive said in my other post on the emill the belt moves the dogs feet) but that is not usually the NORM and it does not incorporate on the actual overall resistance of the emill when used properly/normally.

A dog changing speeds on a slat mill has nothing to do with the DIRECT comparison of resistance of a emill. LOL You do know that even hand walking a dog has more resistance then a emill right? lol

Like Ive said in my other post not all carpet mills are the same as some have more resistance and some have less resistance like slims carpet mill design which by the way is nothing new. LOL

Once again you are wrong just like you said in your last post LMAO....The resistance of a emill under water does NOT come from the emill, it comes from the WATER!!!!!!!! If you put any type of mill in the water the resistance will increase because the main resistance factor is the WATER!!!! IT IS THE WATER, THE WATER I TELL YOU. LMAOROTF.

Sometimes one cant help when a dog wants to empty out BUT it should always be DONE before any type of strenuous workout/conditioning sessions because during a live performance at a concert you cant relieve yourself on stage unless you don't mind peeing in your pants like Fergi and saying it was just sweat LMAO.

5. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

Yes To all of the above. I hand walk my male, but get aggravated cause he barley covers any ground
    due to his constant sniffing and Pissing. But he is spastic and will NOT trot on the E-mill. I try to jog with him to stop all the sniffing, but I have 1 bad knee.
    My female is a gem on the mill so thats what she gets. She also Lies down whenever a car passes close by! Thought I was the only one
    who had a dog who did that?! In the PAST when i need to whip a pup into shape, i would open the back of my Cherokee and sit in the back
    with the dog on leash while my wife drove 4 miles an hour

6. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Ok I'll chime in again! LOL I probably have one have one of the best slat mills made! Several "Fast Lane Dogs" have been conditioned on it by some of the best conditioners and handlers around, That being said it's not that my way there way is better than anybody else's! The people I mentioned and if I said there names you would know who they are! One thing I firmly believe is the person showing should be conditioning or part of it especially hand walking and rub table, it means a lot A hound will give all he has most time because of the bond! The ones I see promise in I start training to work young, trotting beside the vehicle I pick places with no distractions! Now that being said I saw A carpet mill that was just as good, A person I knew years ago swore by A Emill!! The bottom line is whats right for one dog might wreck another it's just that simple!! When I start getting ready to race I get A couple very experienced peoples intake on getting them ready. I have had A couple I have just had to feed keep and hand walk, they were so active!! Again it Depends!!

7. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

^^^ I know I'm not that good at conveying my thoughts writing! But then again just my humble opinion! ( Not trying to convince anybody of anything) Since I'm now in A dryer climate I think I'll build A carpet mill, the slat is just noisy as hell! One other thing hand walking is good for me now I'm much older keeps the beer belly down! LOL

8. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree. The schedule is beneficial to the dog but it is my schedule. If his feed and water are dictated by me, in turn is dumps are more scheduled. Not absolute, but within the ballpark. I have known guys that hand walk only enough to empty and then it is all equipment after that.

One of my favorite topics in the dogs is keeps, and that includes the successes and the failures. I always get a kick out of 'what gets blamed' when things go south. I can remember when the carpet mill was the kidney killer in dogs. I have even heard that B-12 runs dogs hot. I have also heard the emill connection to a failed rear end. Steroids make dogs blow hot early. I get a kick out of them all.

Personally I believe none of them are true, or at least none of them are the real reason for the failure. The real reason is always the guy putting the dog in the keep. Sort of like the overall accountability reasoning.

I had a dog run hot many years ago. On the night of the show I went thru the entire gambit of all the things that caused him to run hot, blow out and having to be picked up. A four hour ride home and I had identified three or four things that was to blame. We pulled in the kennel and my 'mentor' was there waiting. I went thru my list of excuses. He laughed at me and it pissed me off. He said, 'Who fed him the B-12?". "Who put him on the carpet mill?". "Who called his weight and who cut him to weight?". I answered, "me". He then said, "Guess who fucked up that dog?".

That was a very hard lesson to learn, and an expensive one as well.

Sometimes these dogs win in spite of their teammates. Sometimes they win because of their teammates. But at the end of the day, until someone who has a dog who can drive, count money and prepare himself there is only one spot to place the blame.

S

Holocaust and reddirt redneck like this.
  9. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

^^^^ Agree another thing I run an SMA 24, A total bloodwork on the dog, even if I don't suspect anything! I want to know what I have physicaly even before breeding! All the conditioning in the world wont over come an unseen health problumn! Great Post Everyone, one of my favorite topics to! Especially with the tight linebreeding if your doubleing up on health problums your go'n down hill!

10. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Damn there must only be one way???
    you must have learned all there is and mastered all???
    I can agree with alot of theories rather through practice or taught and Its all a learning experience...
    Just like the individual dogs, there are certian dogs that work one style or the other, if you limit your knowledge you limit your success...
    Since you want to counter everything I say, please share your glorious record with that great knowledge youve obtained...

11. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

"the water is the resistance"...one plus one equals... wait...wait... pure genius...

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

WTF???? Is that all you've got??? LOL Your rebuttal is so weak its not even worth a response since you got NOTHING!!!! LMAO

I will say this though, you always seem to ask for other peoples accomplishments /INFO, yet you wont oblige anything about your accomplishments/info, can you say 2 faced? Fishing? LMAO....you should stick with history and posting articles/peds which seems to be your strong points. LMAO where the fuck is the (ROTF) rolling on the floor smiley? LOL

13. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

My rebuttle is we can agree to disagree...

Ill stick with the history and peds since the master of mills says its my strong suit, but all the stupid dont take your dog to the dog park threads you started makes me wonder how much you really know, if you ever posted something I could learn from or agree with, I would take your word...

But honestly you seem very simple minded person that cant even discuss something with out getting hurt or opening your mind and learning...

One of the leading doctors and diabites researchers stated he goes into every lecture to learn, he said he forgets what he knew and understands the way its being protaryed, and than he cross eximes it with what he knows and builds from there... He said the older he gets the harder it is to wrap his head around it, I took alot from that...

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Your rebuttal once again is MOOT as it has nothing to offer like most of your posts LMAO.

Which dog park threads did I "START"? LOL It just goes to show me how much you really know Mr.Eliasgonzalas. LOL Are you fucking kidding me about taking some ones word if you agree with them or learned something from them? Especially when you need to learn most of your shit from the INTERNET, no wonder the history and peds part suits you just fine LMAOROTF.

Its so ironic for you to use the word honestly when you are full of shit, because its YOU who could NOT discuss THIS TOPIC without getting your panties all up in a bunch, since you could NOT counter any of my points given, all you could say was show me your record, talk about being simple minded. LMAOROTF.

Diabetes? Did you google it after that diabetes topic came up Elias? LOL....So the moral of that story for elias is because he learned from it and agreed with it , that Doctors word is BOND. LMAOROTF

15. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Sometimes we become so saturated in out own shit none will ever smell us... you stink saiyaqin...

16. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

You are a damn fool if you believe that saying from TDK was meant for me you dumb fuck LMAO....naw man that stink you are smelling is coming from your rancid vagina LMAO.

17. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I didnt htink it was for the mill master but rather wise words from a respectable person that pretty much summed up what tha doctor I spoke said...

I thought maybe you would repect TDKs version...

Water is the resistance... unless your swimming in poo...

Why ruin agood thread???

I said what I had to say, you shot me down and called me names to show your smarts...hmmm...

18. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

So you post TDK's verse, then say I am stink to portray like it was meant for me then you turn it around now and say you didnt think it was for me? Cmon man stop back peddlin and make up your mind. LOL

I do respect TDK's version.

Yes water has resistance.....wtf does poo in water have to do with resistance????? holy shit you are just making your self look more and more like a fucking retard its better to keep your mouth shut then open it and remove all doubt, ooopps too late elias LMAOROTF.

You should ask your simple mind that same question Elias since your the one that ruined it without any legit rebuttal.

You shot your own damn self in your foot and exposed your ignorance for all to see with your simple butt hurt mindedness. LMAO

19. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

you need medicine and/or a girlfriend my friend....

20. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I take a lot of meds and I have a blow up doll, whats your excuse? LOL