1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Entropian??

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by XxKonnectionsxX, Nov 25, 2006.

1. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I have a pup thats about 3 months old. Well she is healthy and active and full of life like she should be. I have one problem that developed yesterday though and its with one of her eyes. Well I looked at her and it looks as though the corner of her eye (where the tear duct is) is very swollen and red. It looks irritated, so I bought some eye ointment called (Teramycin) that I used on it just in case it had an infection. A friend of mine (old dogman) told me that it might be Entropian. Even though I have a vet appointment set up, I still wanted to get an opinion from someone who actually knows what could be going on...

Thanks....

XxKonnectionsxX

2. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

My friend has a AB with that and my parents had a chow with it that they did the surgery to correct the issue on

It may be that no way to tell with out seeing the dog or getting more info. Are the eyelashes turning in towards the eye???

Did you try flushing out the eye to make sure nothing was in it???

Did you check hr for scratches in the eye???

3. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

you should be able to see if the eyelash's are curled in,,,if so you can pluck them out with tweezers until you decide what you want to do. Terramycin is ok to use,,but be careful with anything with a steroid in it,,,if the cornia is scratched there would be a real problem with a steroid applied to it.

4. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Is it swollen where at the corner of the eye it looks like a bubble. Could it be cherry eye?

5. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I'm thinking thats what it is. I don't think its Entropian because there are NO eye lashes curled inwards.. The tear duct looks like a lil red swollen bubble. I've never seen that before....I'm taking her in tomorrow, because they were full this weekend. I just thought this was very wierd. It just happened out of the blue.

6. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

7. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Thats exactly what it is...Funny thing is I just found that bout 20 minutes ago and now I know EXACTLY what it is.. Thanks for your help Patch-O-Pits and everyone else.... That is soo wierd. She was fine all day and then bam later that day this appears.