1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Exercising pregnant bitch?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kalenhcc, Nov 18, 2013.

1. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

I was just wondering how and how much you all exercise a pregnant bitch. I know you want her in shape but can you over do it? Ive always heard no exercise after 6 weeks or so besides handwalking a little at a time. I guess my question is how much do you exercise from day one of breeding and on.

2. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Nothing stenuous...just good ol handwalking. Having them with good muscle tone and not overweight is actually better when there whelping and after as well.

3. dog666

dog666 Pup

a bitch should have been in shape before being bred and then just some handwalking to keep her in tone and rest her after the fifth week, at least that's what i've been told.