1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

F B's Ripper rom

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by BEHAVIN, Dec 27, 2009.

1. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

I was there the day FB sold TVK the now famous Ripper dog,she was a jewel and FB really thought alot of TVK or she would have never left his yard..She was the only dog in that litter that looked like Ch Bolero..There were other brindles in the litter,but this bitch was special,she was the only one colored like Bolero,had little ears like Bolero,a short tail and the aloof attitude..This bitches name was known as FB's Ripper..She is the dam of many famous dogs and the gran dam and great gran dam of many more..Some of her children and gran children Ch El Negro,Ch Tweaker,Ch Sooo Evil,Wicked,GrCh Sweat Pea,Ch Arangadanga & Ch Huckleberry..Just to name a few...This bitch was every bit a prolific producer as any of the greats of the past,but being in low key breeders hands like FB and TVK she was just never pushed as the great producer that she was,but the work left in the wake of her offspring makes without a doubt to this observer,that Ripper was a very special dog,and the best producer to come off of Frisco Rom and Ch Bolero..I dont know of another dog off either one of these dogs that was a female that was a solid producer in so many different malesbreeding and so many different kennels utilizing her...Says alot for a bitch when one guy can get good dogs off her,says so much more when several people can be successful with one particular bloodline and one particular dog as is the case with Ripper...
    This bitch was kept close in the tight nit group of DLC & TVK as she was at the yard of FB in the begining then went to TVK,then the Georgia Boys,and then back to FB..She died at 11yrs old ,and the last litter veiled a beautiful female named Spedy that was born in [no dates allowed even if it was pre 1976...]... Spedy is by Ripper bred to her half brother Two Eyes and I am sure that you will be hearing about Spedy's producing abilities in the future...

What I want to talk about is pure facts and what I saw happen with these two dogs..
    When FB sold TVK the Ripper dog,he made a deal with TVK that he would send FB a puppy each time they bred him and he promised to breed her to some of the best dogs around..The first breeding done made with Ripper by TVK was to Boyles & TVK's Ace ..Ace was a game 2xw and full brother to Ch Buttercup & Ch Spacegirl..From this litter came the fabulous Bree a 2xw that beat Ratliff's champion bitch that was by GrCh Buck out of GrCh Yellows sister..Her second time out she won BIS and was sold for retirement to sunny Florida..Bree's brother was known as Moon..He was a very game dog,and then there was Bert that beat Irish Jerry..Then there was The dam of Ch Skinny Bill that belonged to Icepick..Ch Skinny Bill won his fourth deadgame in almost 3 hrs...
    The next breeding was made to Maverick Rom and this was one humdinger of a breeding..From this litter came Brainey the dam of Ch Tweaker,Wicked the sire of Ch El Negro & Ch Sooo Evil,Ch Arangadanga..FB got Arangadanga as a pup from TVK and made her the best kept secret on his yard..I recall seeing her rolled and thought to myself "Why doesnt he show this bitch" as she was to this day one of the best females I ever saw..I asked him after the sparring session why he did not do something with her,and he said he was keeping her for a brood bitch as she was the best bred eli dog that he owned and was the quality he demanded as a brood bitch..FB allways kept impecable bitches for brood with such famous bitches as Black Rose,Ch Bolero,Granny, this was no time to let up on quality..He also slyly said "Hell if TVK finds out how good she is he will want to run her out there and she must be bred before that happens.."

Well he made 2 breedings..both to her uncle Two Eyes,still the gamest dog I ever seen was that old blind dog,but more on him another day..From the first breeding came Clayton & his sister Nina..TVK was given Nina and she was said to be game,but she just drifted into the sands of time..Clayton was sent to a dear friend Frankie and was touted as being better than GrCh Bo,who also was in the knnl of Frankie..The second breeding produced a larger litter...FB kept two..Tough Guy,and Bebe..Neither of these dogs worked out and were culled..another male in this litter was Normy he was sent ti Pit Island knls in NY and he did not work out ..
    There was another female that went to Mississippi Matt named Siva and she tuned out to be a heelava bitch but she came down with stomach cancer and died at 3yrs old never shown or bred..damb shame..FB's old friend Waylon T. got a pup out of the litter that was a big ol clumbsy looking black male that chewed his own tail as soon as he could walk..Waylon loved this dog and called him Dufus..Waylon had a bit of a drug problem and shortly after FB gave him the dog Waylon sold him to Georgia Boy Tommy for $250.00,he did call FB first but he refused to buy a dog that he had given away and refered Waylon to Tommy..
    Shortly after this litter was born FB rolled Arangadanga for a few times and one of the game's gossipp mongers was there and he went right to TVK and told them that Arangadanga and she is all that and a bag of chips..TVK asks bill if they can get the bitch back,and after a few months FB went along with there request for the sake of his long friendship with TVK..TVK in turn gave the bitch to Cham to take out and her first show was quick in SC..After this she was matched into HOE's Ch Salina a 4xw by Ch Termite..This match went 1:16 with Ch salina making a slow scratch when HOE piked her up..After this Arangadanga was matched into TN Dog Pound and she blew through there entry in less than a hr,after this she was bred to Ch Ceaser and she died shortly after..Many said it was babesia,but I dont know...
    During this time Hucleberry was growing up and he grew to be one heck of a big dog weighing 51 lbs..For his first he went into Airborne Knls and there son of Ch Reno Rom..this son of Reno was a 2xw and looking to add another Rom point to Reno so they set up a cheap show into a 19mo old first time out dog.
    Well things didnt go so well for Airborne's entry as he was ahead for the first hour,but when it got past the hour Airborne's dog started to fadeand by the 2hr mark he was picked up with Huckleberry making freight train scratches into him..
    Next up was Crenshaw's GrCh Black Jack,but after much negotiations between georgia Boy and JC it was decided that the 2 dogs that wanted Black Jack must meet and the winner would go into Black jack later in the year..The other dog being Latino Boy Kennels' Ch Slick a 4xw..The show was set for 51 lbs and they were to meet at Tants place in SC,with FB conditioning and handleing Huck.
    It was all Ch Slick for the first 20min,then Huck started comeing back and by 48min when Slick was called to go he stood the line,and Huck was on top of the heavy weight class..Many people were saying that he was the best big dog they had ever seen..I would have to say that he was one of the most powerfull,smart dogs I have ever seen,and I would put him in the same catagory as Two Eyes when it comes to gameness..
    The call was made to JC for Black jack,but as usual JC ducked this ace dog..Black jack never saw a good dog at his weight and as his record shows he beat 5 bums..It looked like Huck was going to retire when LJ of KSK stepped up with Hootch..a 2xw in the hands of a man who still to this day has only lost one show and that was Hootch into Huck..KSK has had several ch & grch's..This made Huck a champion but due to a nagging shoulder injurie from the Slick keep he had to be retired.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009