1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Famous Heavyweights

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Ninety-Nine, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

I know Colbys Pincher was 72lbs and Plumbers Alligator was a big dog ?lbs. Are there many heavy champs? Most of the best dogs I read about are 40 to 50 lbs. Does gameness suffer when they get too big? Was it hard to find other big dogs to match with? I'm only interested in knowing about APBTs not Kangals, Tosas etc.Has there ever been a classic champions match of 2 quality gamebred APBTs over 70 lbs? If not why?

2. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

Continuing on from the previuos thread, is there a height,weight limit on ADBA show APBTs? Also Happy 4th of July to all you yanks.

3. Her's one that ot to many know about. A dog called Gr CH Mayday!!!!!

4. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

What did Mayday weigh and what weights were his competition, I thought only weighed 50 something pounds?

5. Pit weight 60 pounds.

6. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

umm nope pit weight was 58-65 he went more around 65

7. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

1 59 other dog was 67 catch weight
    2 58
    3 60
    4 65
    5 65 other dog 72 catch weight

so i guess the average would be around 60 lol

8. Handling a smaller dog is easier than handling a larger dog. I would also believe that a larger dog might lose ability not so much gameness. Most dogmen prefered a smaller dog, so I would imagine that there wouldn't be that many large dogs to compete. the typical size of a true APBT is 30-60 lbs

9. Thanks OUtlaw. It is nice to see you. Also, thanks for seconding the choice of Emitt on the other thread.

10. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Oh my bad did you throw him out there Lakewood i didnt read the whole thread but great minds think alike lol he was a great producer and pitdog and wasnt bred as much as some others.

And regalred i dont know that they lose ability or gameness being bigger its wind i would think would be harder to keep for the big boys me personally give 30 pounders all day lol

11. elifan

elifan Big Dog

Ch Butcher boy was a campaigned around 57

12. Wind is a good point. You think that quickness might be an issue?

13. elifan

elifan Big Dog

Gr ch lion head was over 50 not exactly sure of his campaigned weight but he went over the hr mark a couple times don't think wind is to much of an issue if the dog is conditioned properly.For me I like the lighter weights more exciting than two heavyweights laying around

14. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

each have there pros and cons really the little ones are quick and you hadda be quick with handles the bigger dogs can get to be like a workout lol Ch Paz jr's pitweight was 52 but when i put hands on him he was middle aged and i would guess 60+ and honestly he moved really well for a big guy lmao quick feet!!!

15. bbad

bbad Big Dog

gr ch rayo was a 54 i think know he was around mid 50's & move like a samll dog.
    Also Waccamaw's ch big john he was around 75 on the chain & high 60 go, 68 was exact i believe know him & mayday would go the same it was suppose to happen but never got done. when big john would see the [] he would go crazy & with him being as big & strong as he was it always took two people to bring him & it was worked out that when they brought him they droped him when they got there.

16. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Man lol Mayday would have whooped his ASSS lol big johns pit weight was like 56-58 and theres alot of questions about that dog i had ALONG conversation with the original owner of ch paz jr and he was at the mayday ch budda (who was a 6xw btw) match who after seein him loved mayday we talked about that match for awhile lol mayday was on a different level then big john was bigger and had provin his gameness going into wayyy better dogs and wayyy better comp lmao

17. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I don't think quickness would have much to do with it.They would be going into dogs that was also big.Plus some big dogs are quicker than you think they would be. There's just not as many 60 plus pound dogs around as smaller ones and they're a real pain to handle.

18. bbad

bbad Big Dog

think you wrong bout big john weight i'll ckeck with the owners tomorrow, and what the out come would have been don't know, but nothing never scrach back to big jhon either they couldn't are didn't (freak) dealt with both lines wacc gives more punch & mayday more game not at all saying wacc not game the ones i've seen just didn't have to show it. but do think mayday dogs when cross with wacc are very good & honest hounds.just my 2 cents

19. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Very true.Mayday also had a messed up leg .

20. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

A favorite modern dog of mine: http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=27387

another big dog I like of Hammonds stuff

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=26616

Plumbers Chance was a big dog too..

Seems like alot of that stuff does run big. I see alot of big Jocko dogs himself had to be in the 60+ on the chain and Jocko Redboy dogs such as Baileys Bingo was a big dog too and threw 80lb dogs http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=135335 << it used to say this dog was 85lbs of pure drive, I wonder why the weight has been removed. That Redboy and JRB stuff is funny cause it can throw 29lb dogs and it can throw 69lb dogs all good blood.

Catchweight is 55lb and over to most people when I ask what does catchweight mean to them, however older guys say anything over 60lbs which is what I always thought was more natural. What is catchweight and how many are at catchweight being the big dog range without displaying they have a 72lb + monster ..

Heres a bigger scale dog http://apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=5524

I do like the smaller dogs ..