1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

feeding a puppy

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by PorsA, Aug 4, 2005.

1. PorsA

PorsA Big Dog

What do you feed your pup(s) and do you add something extra to their feed.

2. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

I fed mine puppy Nutro, half dry and half can food together, 3-4 times a day. I don't believe you have to add anything, as long as your feeding them a high quality food that is for puppies you should be fine.

3. PorsA

PorsA Big Dog

I feed him 4x a day Royal Canin, but all I wanted to know is if you give them some add something extra to the feed.

4. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

How old is your pup? I feed my pups either canidae or chicken soup for the puppy mixed w/can food when they're really young..but at about 3 mths, i just give them hard food. They really do not need canned food unless they're not good eaters or something like that..a pup can become overweight easily on canned food if you feed them as much as they want, and overweight in a puppy is not good on their bones, joints, and muscles. If your pup is not underweight and is active, your doing fine by feeding what your feeding.