1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Feel like a newbie again.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Whiskey Bay, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

OK,so I know I'm technically not a newbie,but it's been so long since I've actually been an active part of the family I felt I should re introduce myself to the real newbies. Everyone here knows me by Whiskey and for my man Boo (RIP).

About my hometown:
    I am in Hancock County,South Mississippi.The area hit hardest by Katrina's direct affects.We had a 42 ft cap on the tidal surge and where I lived at the time 6 miles from the beach got 17 feet of water.Everyone here lost everything.My house,all vehicles,17 dogs (mine,friends and several rescues),wildlife rescues,reptiles,etc... Worst of all many human friends perished.My family and I were directly in the storm,we had to swim out when the waters started reaching inland.We watched as half of our police force washed away with the station.The thousands of domestic animals and livestock that was lost.It was almost a week before they got help in here to us and the road to recovery has been long.The county has not had government help in rebuilding, everything has come from local business owners,several new businesses in the area (such as my place The Home Depot!!),and most of all the thousands of church volunteers from all around the country who are still helping around here to date.The only 3 known businesses here are WalMart,The Home Depot,and Lowe's.Everything else is locally owned small businesses.ALL of our gov't offices are still in trailers,lol.Finally got out of the tents.
    Like I said before,we lost our home,and have now restarted in a new place with new dwelling.Unfortunately we didnt get lucky enough to get help from FEMA,but we managed thanks to plenty of support. There was so much chaos in the days after the storm.Had it not been for my family here on The community,we would not have made it through the times.I have to give out thanks to Marty,Shon, Fifty,Mia, 33MTA3,Hoyden,Bubba,Marinepits,and everyone else who helped us out in numerous ways. So many people talk about our "type" of people because of the gamedogs,but these 'bad' people were the only thing that got us through.My Pitbull community stepped up when our own government wouldn't.Thank you guys,we love you.In spite of Katrina ruining our lives initially,I have to say though we are now in a better place.We went from paying a 30 year mortgage,car notes,and other bills...to now owning our home and property.My vehicles are payed for.and we dont owe anyone anything except thanks.

My family:
    I have a wonderful husband,2 bad boys: Anthony(11) and Tate(9).Anthony is my hunter.He wakes up in the morning and goes out hunting in the back fields.He has one older female bulldog who survived.He's an outdoors person.He likes skateboarding and coonhunting.Good combo huh? Tate on the other hand is indoorsy.He likes video games,video games,Legos,and did I mention the video games? Lol?We are also awaiting the arrival of a new baby girl.She should be here within the next 2 weeks.Her name will be Madysen Rileigh.Her bbrothers aren't too thrilled,but they'll get over it.I think it's the fact of all the pink in the house.There's never been pink in here before.Not even with me,lol.As soon she gets here I will let everyone know.I can't wait.

Our yard:
    Most of the dogs we lost were Tab,Tuffy,Mayday dogs.with a few outcrosses or others.We also had some generic bred hogdogs for hunting,such as my BooBoo.Which ,yes,was a blue dog.He came off of chocolate and red lineage.Most of which was on my yard at the time of the storm.He was the most awesome male I had.He was catching at 14 weeks,and in full hunt at a year.He could outdo the best down here.He was not an overfed 100 pound blue dog,in fact he never maxed over 55 pounds and that was while nursing an injury and being kenneled inside. You couldn't keep him still.Everyone around town loved him and knew me by his first name,lol.You never saw my Mustang without him in the passenger seat.He loved to hunt,swim,and run the quarter mile through my house over the couch and occasionally the pool table.He was active in weight pulling until an accident that screwed up his front leg.I lost him just before his 3rd Bday to Katrina,along with aunts,uncles,Gpa and others. He will forever be my man. RIP Titanium Blue and family.

Now a little about myself:
    I am about to be 31.I worked in the vet clinic and in the field for many years.I work with wildlife rehabilitation(for about 10 years now),mainly with raptors and reptiles,but also squirrels,lol.I trained thoroughbreds for the track,and quarter horses for the show and rodeo ring.I used to handle ppd,narc,and sr/cadaver dogs for local agencies and vets.I moved on from the shepherd/malinios breeds to the pitbull as my breed of chioce many years ago.I actively weightpull and hoghunt with my dogs.(well technically not right now thanks first to Katrina and now maternity).I also worked in security pre Katrina. Afterwards I took some time off to get our lives back together. We are almost ready to start rebuilding our yard again and I do greatly look forward to it.So I'll be on the lookout for some good dogs.
    Well,it is getting seriously late.I think I covered most so I am going to bed.If I left anything out,I'll add later.Gettin tired and can't see straight,lol.

2. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

im relatively new here but im glad to hear youre back and wish you the best in these trying times. welcome friend:D

- jason

3. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Always good to see ya!

4. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

hey WB, nice to see you!

5. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

sup whiskey! glad you made it through the many pains of katrina. and although you may have lost in the past, you continue to make life beautiful by continuing on and expanding your family. may others be as strong as your family and know that inspiration is the strongest influence on others to strive for the things that you hold dear. so drop some dog knowledge on my old newbie butt so that i can be the owner my future bulldogs would want me to be. yeeeeeeeeeeh!

6. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Glad to see your back Whiskey Bay!

7. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Welcome back Whiskey. Glad to hear that things are going so well for you now. Can't wait to see pics of your new Junior Handler to be. Congrats:D

Looking forward to reading your posts again, good luck with your goals of rebuilding, and may your days always start with a smile.

Bless you and yours,

DryCreek

8. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Welcome back!

9. surfercalavera

surfercalavera Big Dog

nice to see you again here!!!

10. Well welcome back wiskey. Hey I,m glad you and your family made it out alive. There was alot of losses to that storm. I am truley sorry to hear about all your dogs. I will be willing to give you a pup out of my next litter if your willing to take it to make up for your losses whick I know will be impossable. I am glad you are back up on your feet now and hope the rest of your life will be nothing but good. I talked to you on chat last night and felt so bad because of your losses. Main thing is that you and your family are all good shape.

11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Ummmm.....HELLOOOOO!

I've been worried sick about you! I couldn't find your number for anything & so V & I have just been wondering about you together!

I cannot WAIT for the new little girl. :) Are you ready?

And how's my girl, Terra doing?

12. Suki

Suki Guest

good to see you posting again!

I was so very sorry to hear/read about what Katrina did to you guys. I hope things are coming along well for you guys, and no doubt, it's GREAT to have you back again.

Best wishes :)

13. Marty

Marty Guest

Good to have you back Whiskey Bay :D

And thanks for all the kind words, we just happen to be online at that time and glad we could help in any way we could ;)

14. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Well I didn't know you before, but I'm glad you are back and I'm looking forward to your posts...sounds like you have a great family and much to look forward to..PS...Look in my Gallery, I have the squirrels of all squirrels...Ms. Squirrely Lurly!;) I hand raised her, she's my little baby!

15. 6klub

6klub Big Dog

Sorry to hear about the losses Katrina caused. Welcome back. Congrats on the baby girl,

God bless,

16. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I'm really sorry you (and everyone else) had to go through so much crap but am glad to see you are getting back on your feet.

17. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Welcome Back!

For those that don't know better, Whiskey Bay has been a member for quite awhile. Yes, she had blue dogs, and definetly did not hide that fact :D LOL She is perfect proof its not the color of the dogs, but the owner, and what they do with their dogs. Whiskey Bay has always been a respected member of this board, and Katrina and the aftermath, proved she is just as game as her dogs ;)

Glad to have ya back!

18. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Thank you 14 for the wonderful compliment.And to everyone else for the love.I've greatly missed being here,but living down here and especially in a 27' FEMA BEMA,made it quite hard to set up a computer and surf easily,lol. Then with all the work going on round here,and going back to a full time paying job (lol) kinda knocked me off my arse,lol.And of all places I started working at (being so used to working with animals and security) I went to work at the baby Home Depot they built here for us.When I say baby...I mean they turned an old Delchamps into a miniature Home Depot,lol.Doing well though,I'm a supervisor,lol.I'm on maternity leave right now and going stir crazy cause I'm not used to being lazy.I actually miss work.(messed up in the head ,huh?) Can't wait till Maddie gets here though.Besides having my first lil baby girl,It will be in time to lose weight before summer and catch up on my tan,lol.J/K. I never really get much time to go to the beach as it is,much less after she gets here,lol.