1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Females in heat

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CopperOFRN, Sep 26, 2023.

1. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

I’ve got 3 females that consistently bring each other into heat. However, their last heat was Mar 10th and I only bred one of them. Almost exactly 6 months later sept 10th it seemed they were coming into heat again which I’d expect. Everything was normal for about 5-6 days and then just stopped. No more blood, nothing swollen, etc. they usually go for 3 weeks or better. And my female I bred actually seemed to come into heat as well, but then vanished. Anyone ever deal with this?

2. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Silent heat

With a so-called silent heat, the heat is not clearly visible and is often missed by the owner. The bitch does not bleed or only has some white or colorless discharge. The vulva is limited or not swollen. The cause of a silent heat cycle is not known.

Split heat

With the split heat, the heat stops after a few days and continues again after a few days or sometimes even weeks. Only in the second phase does ovulation usually take place and the dog is fertile. We mainly see split ovulation in young bitches.

3. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

I’ve heard of silent heats, but not split heats. I think that may be what I’m dealing with. My males are showing ZERO interest which was the weirdest thing