1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

First Conformation Show

Discussion in 'Show Training' started by Gamebull, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Gamebull

Gamebull Pup

Hello everyone, I´m taking my girl to a show in like a month, she has no papers, so we are going to the fun show. The thing is that I´m new to this events , so the point is getting some experience, but I would really appreciate if anybody can give me some advices!

2. Gamebull

Gamebull Pup

Re: Firts conformation Show

Nobody can´t tell me nothing? I just want to know how should I do things over there... Training I should do with my girl before going...etc.

3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

At a fun show the best thing to do is go there and get experience. There you will learn how to show your dog and if your dog is even worth showing. I know when I went to my first show about 12 years ago I realized that my dog at the time was not a show quality dog. It is good to go and learn good luck...B:)

4. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

A four foot lead and a 1.5 inch collar. Just as long as she can walk on a lead she'll be fine. Keep her head off the ground and know how to handle her while showing her teeth for the judge. If you look through the pictures you will see what looks good. You might find someone at the show who would handle your dog for you and will give you a good idea of how to do it.

5. Gamebull

Gamebull Pup

I´m not interesting in winning or whatever, I just want to get experience for next time and next dogs coming and fo course have fun and meet other lovers of the breed.
    Thank you very much :)

6. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Its all about winning

7. Gamebull

Gamebull Pup

I just try to be humble:D

8. Gamebull

Gamebull Pup

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If anybody wants to let me know an opinion about her.

9. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

You will do just fine just run her run her run her.... Maybe a little swimming will help as well. Get her a good quailty food.

10. diva

diva CH Dog

Please be sure that your dog wears a buckle collar to the show. Some events will not allow choke chains. Good luck! :)

11. Gamebull

Gamebull Pup

Thanks for the info! I didn´t know before both of you tell me aboud the collar, I´ll get the buckle collar for the show! :)