1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

flea and tick collars

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by runt, Sep 24, 2005.

1. runt

runt Big Dog

I just wanted to know do flea and tick collars work.

2. pulldoginks

pulldoginks Banned

I think they do. I have them on all mine, but i also use frontline on all my dogs and cats

3. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I never found them to work as good, only around the neck and face area. I use advantage on my 2. Garlic in the food helps too.

4. pejay

pejay Big Dog

i use both spray and collars on my dogs. no problems and i'm satisfied with result. but i think it depends on what type of collar do you use. i just stay away from several brands, because i've heard about a lot of bad results with them from my friends.

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Garlic is toxic to dogs and the neck collars may work but they are essentially a waste of money. Frontline or advantage is all that is needed and they will not cause burning of the neck and hair loss.

6. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

i'll continue to preach about the insecticidal ear tags for cows just staple it to your dogs collar it'll do the trick been using them for a while. local ag supply store

7. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

My vet told me it was ok to use small amounts of garlic. It's not as toxic as you think. Works on worms too.

8. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

In all my experience with collars they work to an extent such as face & neck.I use a garlic & lemon water mixture & spray it on my dogs coat..keeps fleas & ticks off pretty good.

9. Chyna

Chyna Pup

If the collars work why are you using frontline too? It's the frontline thats working not the collars.

10. badger

badger Big Dog

i use revolution for ticks, fleas, and heart worms and have had great success i would check it out!

11. Judy

Judy CH Dog

I've always had success with Frontline.

12. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

I use a product by UPCO called "Coat and Tails" Peanut Butter, Yeast & Garlic for my inside dog and the lactating bithches. It works for us.

13. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

If you use a flea collar, stay away from hartz. I had a very bad experience with that brand. I use frontline on both MIKA and SAMSON. Good Luck.

14. tickdog

tickdog Pup

also try vinegar and equal parts water works well