1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

For the althletic/brave members

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovemybull, Dec 14, 2010.

1. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Have any of you guys heard or been in Tough Mudder? I am training for the one in May...this is the course that I will be doing...
    http://toughmudder.com/events/new-england/

I won't lie I'm a little scared. Seeing as I am not in great shape and am just starting out running...:o

2. >BLAZE<

>BLAZE< Big Dog

I've never heard of this before, but it looks fun. Good Luck!

3. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Thanks. Yeah I heard of it from a friend who runs like 13 miles a day :eek:. He said its not that bad but its based off a Tough Guy one they do in England and that one is insane!!

4. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

just keep running and watch your diet u will alright :D

or join brazilian jiujitsu lol

5. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

After the New Year I would love to get into some type of martial arts.

6. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Me and a few buddies are gonna be doing this in Atlanta come March.

Gonna be honest though, from what I saw on youtube it looks a bit weak. Gonna be drunk the entire time though so it should be interesting.

7. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Yea for you it might be weak, but for someone like myself who is overweight and trying to get in shape and has never done anything like that...well it scares me a little...lol. But yes I have read reviews and people have said that it was not as tough as they make it seem. But either way it should be fun cause I love mud...and gl doing it while drunk..lol

8. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

Aikido/Brazilian mix is real good.

all other martial arts are good too, but these 2 are my fav.

9. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Thanks for the suggestion. Now I would have to find someone locally who teaches it.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

its motivation to be active, i say go for it. lots of cardio, good diet (count your calories), and lots of core work

11. Yas

Yas Big Dog

There is something similar in LA and apparently the army shit and piss all over the course the night before so that might be something you might wanna think about.

12. popper

popper CH Dog

this is basically what it boils down to .... said it all....

i recomend if you can handle it upon waking up is cardio in the morning on an empty stomach ... when i wasreally into working out and i was leaning i did this for 8 weeks and got pretty shredded along with working out and watching diet . goodluck and stay active

13. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Umm I really hope not...

14. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Unfortunatly I can't get out of the house and run in the morning because my husband leaves for work at 4am and I have kids. But so far I have been doing good. I've lost almost 30lbs and I feel so much better. My biggest prob is food. I love food. So I do good during the day but when I get home I will allow myself carbs and whatnot..esp since you need them in order to run for a while. Maybe thats why I love it so much...I can eat basically what I want (except for complete crap) and still loose weight and get healthy..lol. But I'm stupid, I know that in order to do it the "right" way I would need to eat all good protein and only good carbs and stuff...but one step at a time..

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

what you need to eat depends on what your goals are. If ur goal is to lose weight then the most important thing is calorie intake and i would DEF run n the morning like was previously suggested. Even if not early just dont eat until after you run. Your body will use reserve fat as energy instead of whatever you ate for breakfast;)

16. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Yea I really wish I can run in the am...but I can't like I said. Before my husband was at his current job, I used to go to the gym at 4am and it was great. But I'm gonna keep on going and hopefully this summer I will be able to run a 5k...