1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

For the love or the Money

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by rusty, Feb 3, 2006.

1. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

I paid nothing for my dog and I think she's great. On the other hand I would willingly pay $1000 plus bucks for a well bred dog, not problem. I was raised around GSD breeders and a pet quality pup on a spay/neuter contract often doesn't go for cheaper than $1000. I am looking into getting a second dog in the next year and am expecting to pay a lot more than 4-500 bucks for it. Can't be an apbt though, I am legally only alowed to have one, damn bill 132. And then buying a puppy you also have to pay for shots, deworming, training (if you take it to class) etc etc... If you get a rescued dog it is already up to date on its shots, been dewormed, spayed or neutered. Great deal.

2. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

You can pay whatever you want for a pup but it still don't make it game _________!!! I paid 300.00 for a breeding to a good producing frisco dog and 300.00 to breed to a producing rufus/chinaman dog and I have dogs that work as well as the next for less money than your paying for a single pup! Why pay for good looking paperwork? It don't scratch!

3. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Why pay for good looking paperwork?
    When buying a pup you’re not paying for the pretty papers…you’re paying for the breeders KNOWLEDGE!

4. ugotit63

ugotit63 Pup

I sell my pups between 250 to 500, it all depends on the parents. What money I make off of them, the biggest part goes right back into them. I dont make any profit off my dogs, at all. lol I do it cause I love the breed. I have people call me up and ask me what is wrong with my pups cause they are low priced!! lol Between feed, shots, worming, heart wormer, and whatever comes up, its high as hell to raise them. I have people ask me if i make good money selling pitbulls,I laugh and say hell no, lol When asked why I "throw" my money down the drain for them, I tell them I dont consider it "throwing my money away", its what makes me happy. Nothing thrills me more than looking out my window and looking at my healthy, happy babys looking back at me tails wagging and barking wanting me to come out and play with them. :) I pay between 500 to a 1,000 for stud fee cause its a good male to bred to. I would pay up there for a good bred pup or dog.

5. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

When buying a pup or an adult its your choice on what you will pay for it. I have paid big money for dogs and not paid a dime for some of them. 300-600 is resonable for a pup off proven parents. Stud fees, pup prices..prospect prices..adult prices..are all going to vary from breeder to breeder. If something isnt in your price range then move along ..no one is making anyone pay something they dont want to pay. Its the buyers decsion to pay or not buy the dog.

6. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

EXACTLY. im also paying for whats in the parents did, and whats in the genes.
    Like i said, i paid close to $1000.00 for this guy, and id do it again. I also have dogs that have been farmed to me, i know what i want - im not some dumby out buying expensive dogs because they are cute and have some highlighted names in there ped... ROFL

7. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

no one is making anyone pay something they dont want to pay. Its the buyers decsion to pay or not buy the dog. [/QUOTE]
    exactly.....when people stop buying dogs for a thosand dollars plus ......then people will stop selling them for a thosand plus.....lol

but, sometime you gotta bite the bullet if your set on a dog....

8. points made... even when i rescue a dog, they go for AT LEAST 400...( it helps pay for vet bills and etc. for all the dogs I rescue) my pups with papers no matter what go for more... i don't want some street punk or some idiot buying my pups unless they serious.....if someone don't wanna buy them for that, my yard gets bigger..... i will not spay or neuter my dogs for the hell of it.. ( some people are about to get pissed, and i don't care) I want my dogs to make pure APBT's. And I want to keep people around my way serious about not fighting, that's why the newspapers is at my house every month. If you ain't got the cash or ready to adopt you ain't serious. And just to let y'all know, you can't adopt pits from the pound here, no matter what, mixed or not, they will kill them. So I rescue them, and I WILL NOT GIVE THEM TO SOMEONE WHO THINKS THEY WANT A PIT. I do checks and all that so paying that much is worth it. I would pay more for my love.

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

You honestly believe that b/c someone pays big bucks for a dog they are serious about it & care about it? Come on, gimme a break. Then why in the hell do thousand dollar dogs flood the shelters every single month? More often than not, if they spend that much money on a mutt, then they will just breed the piss out of it in order to make their money back & them some & in the process flood the world with even more unstandard dogs with no good homes to go to. And shame on you for refusing to spay/neuter b/c you will never convince me every single dog you have is breed worthy according to the breed's standard. Even Floyd didn't get that cocky. And btw, ALL rescues should be spayed/neutered before being "sold" as you put it. There's enough "rescued" mutts getting bred every day.

10. Primo

Primo Pup

Absolutely , money will not stop these or any breed of dog from getting into the wrong hands. 18 years ago I worked at a pet store. This place sold dogs on consignment from the puppy mills. It was nothing for the local "dealer" to walk into the place, whip out a roll of cash, and buy up every $500 chow or rotwieller there.

Screening helps, but no garuntee

11. first of all i don't breed ALL MY DOGS> and yes around here where i'm from people will take better care of a dog they spent more money on..people sit in front of the sams' club and sell their dogs for 50 bucks....less punks can afford that than 500...you ain't from here miakoda it's like that where you are...i been here my whole life and i know my spot..shame on you for trying to force your opinion on people cause they don't agree with you..AND THE RESCUES I HAVE ARE NOT FROM THE KENNEL, I TAKE THEM FROM THE OWNERS BACKYARDS AND TAKE CARE OF THEM CAUSE IF THEY GO TO THE POUND THEY WILL DIE..PITS ARE KILLED AUTOMATICALLY, SO DON'T ACT LIKE WHAT I DO IS WRONG, I SAVE PITS FROM BAD OWNERS WHO PAID 50 BUCKS FOR THEM AND LET THEM FIGHT..I DON'T GET HELP FROM ANY ASSOCIATION TO PAY THE VET BILLS, AND MY HUSBAND IS DEPLOYED ALL THE TIME SO I DO THIS BY MYSELF. SO THAT'S YOUR OPINION AND I WILL KEEP DOING WHAT I'M DOING.
    HOW CAN YOU SAY I'M THE PROBLEM WITH THIS BREED? GET YOUR HEAD RIGHT, I'VE GONE UNDER HOUSES TO DRAG DOGS OUT WHO WERE TORE UP AND NOW BECAUSE OF ME THEY ARE FINE AND IN GOOD HOMES...YOU GOT A BIG ASS MOUTH AND DOGGING THE WRONG PERSON.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2006
  12. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

lol

street punks are often the ones with the most money to spend on a dog..

Referrence checks dont mean squat, and even home checks dont reveal anything. I worked for a groomer whom bre Pekes.. and these are Can Am show ch dogs.. she would do the whole referrence, house check , require fenced yard, spay /neuter.. only to find people that would let the dogs out the front yard with no fence, drop them off at the pound ..and these were people with $$$

But many a free dog gets the best of care, too and Ive seen plenty of 75 dollar shelter mutts that live above and beyond what most people do.

Its not that a person has oodles of money or pays $$$ for a dog.. Its the person themselves. Rich or poor, it doesnt matter.

And in most places, rescue dogs are spayed /neitered before leaving or require the spay /neutering of the animal within a certain amount of time

Feathers.. are you a non profit rescue? Have you applied for this at all? Maybe you should.. as then you would be eligable to receive grants, etc. Not sure about the laws in your area ( im sure you know) about accepting "fees" for the rescue animals but in some places, if you are selling them you also must pay taxes, etc whether they be rescue or not.. which is why most rescues are non profit orgs.

I personally would rather give the dog away to a good home than sell it..

13. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

No! I don't think so Tex because the breeder don't come with the pup when it's sold LOL. Just because its a thought out breeding don't mean its going to work unless it's been done in the past. My question is why pay when you can get them for free or pay a small price and they do just as well. Seems that everyone has the best dogs when you ask them. Who has the best dogs? Nobody knows for sure so why not do it yourself at least this way you know how it's bred.

14. Everyone Can Come Up With Diffrent Reasons To Try And Justify The Outrageous Prices That Folks Want For Their Dogs,but What It Boils Down To Is This They Just Dont Have A Good Enough Job To Support Their House And Family Plus Raise Dogs.so They Live Off Of Dogs Thats All There Is To It.there Aint No Dog Worth 1,000 Dollars I Dont Care What Blood It Has In It,pitbulls Have Always Been A Cheap Dog To Maintain There Aint Really No Dog Cheap To Maintain,but Compared To Most Pitbulls Are.they Are Damn Healthy They Have Iron Stomachs When It Comes To Chow,they Dont Need Fancy Housing Or Anything Like That.i Have Been Raising Dogs For Over 50 Years And I Have Raised Up Untill Recently The Top Bloodlines In Bulldogs And I Have Never Sold A Dog For More Than 100 Dollars,as A Matter Of Fact I Am Giving 2 Pups Away To A Young Man I Got To Talkin To On Here Because Of My Failing Health.but Today It Just Boils Down To How Much Money Can I Make And How Fast Can I Make It.and Thats The Real Reason Why Dogs Are So Expensive

rocksteady likes this.
  15. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Well put! OooRah! for that bit of info and I feel the same way! No dog is worth that kind of money when it comes down to it. Dogs are a dime a dozen good or bad. They can't tell you any different and if they do well, they are full of crap!

16. rocksteady

I think what Tex means is if its a good breeder, you get the years of knowledge, sweat, experience that went into that breeding. And MOST good breeders are only a phone or email away and will help you with questions, concerns about the pup. They want that pup to suceed as much as the new owner does. Breeders like that dont disapear after a month or two or when something goes wrong with the dog. They stand by their stock, they guarentee health wise and if the owner is unhappy, a good breeder will help make it right. Problem is alot of people would rather bad mouth the breeder instead of contacting them and tellimg them..

17. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Rocksteady's right about the punks... It seems the thugs with "odd jobs" always have the right amount of cash for any dog they want at the minute. But I will say down here references mean a lot. With out them you won't get shit.

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I agree. 98% of the time it's the gangstas, street thugs, & punks that spend "g's" aka thousand or more on their dogs.

And as far as rescues, I rescue dogs too. I foster them, I spay/neuter them, vaccinate them, test their temperaments, & place them. And I LOSE money doing it. I could give a rat's ass if I make my money back like you do. And I can't imagine any person who rescues being as opposed to spaying & neutering as you are.

When will people learn it's about the dogs....not about money. Money is the root of all evil.

19. rocksteady

yes..in that aspect referrence mean something.. I'm talking strickly from the pet dog view :D

20. GOOD FOR YOU!! YOU WANT A TROPHY? as many as i rescue i need that money for vet bills, etc. i could give a "rat's ass " what you do . I DON'T GOT ALL THE MONEY TO PAY MYSELF. DO YOU REALLY THINK I PROFIT FROM THIS , I DO IT FOR THE DOG. THERE ARE NO RESCUES IN MY AREA.YOU INSINUATING I'M EVIL?do your thing, i'll do mine. your opinion will not change what i do, so *Please expand your vocabulary* off.