1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

For the love or the Money

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by rusty, Feb 3, 2006.

1. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

To me it depends on what you know. I been puppy sitting for alot of pitbull owners in the city where I live so I've basically seen every so called pitbull out there even at my young age. recently I came across a $5050 dollar pup from a owner who breeds (west coast bully) Pits. Now everyone wants this pup because I guess his father was a big producer in the bully world. I think this rediculous because people are actually living off this breed selling pups for thousands. Just think some people make at least $40,000 off one litter of about twelve of these bully pits. Its really rediculous not to bash the pup but when you look at it, its not worth a cent to me. By the way his father is I think Juan gotti have any of you heard about that dog.

2. sajoseph

sajoseph Pup

I have heard of him. Also, I have seen kennels that no lie, LIVE a very rich life off of their dogs. They dont work, they have a hundred or so dogs, litter after litter, talk smack and insist their dogs are the absolute most bad a$$, and own vipers, hogs, huge houses, corvettes and such.

3. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

Dont get me wrong fellas I'm not bringing up this armuement again about Bullies and all that but what I am saying is these people a year no lie are making over $100,000 off their dogs now thats just crazy. People actually buy those dogs for that much some one please tell me why,their not athletic or quick they are completely lazy (I've been around a few) and they don't resemble any thing of the real PITBULL. I'm sorry it just makes me hella mad to see this breed get ruined and people getting rich off it. Now I here people are starting to cross them with game bred pits what the HELL this gotta stop. I don't believe this BS.

4. simms

simms CH Dog

What you are doing is contributing to this perpetuated cycle....This breed does not need to be placed in the publics hands! Most headlines are from petbull owners......diluded petbull owners.If you realy want to do this breed any good.....Cull these dogs you are getting ahold of.

I know a thing or two about breeding....I don't sell dogs or place dogs in the publics hands or homes.

Pure...LOL they might be, but I can tell by your post and what you spew in these post your dogs are not to standard. You might have a great looking ped aswell..... and that's a big MIGHT! But I think it's safe to say, your just breeding currs for the sake of breeding currs. If your yard gets bigger than what you intended, your breeding to much & obviously don't have a culling system in place.....you might want to think about the reasoning behind your breeding program. You don't breed to standard and you have No clear purpose behind these breeding's that are taking place!

So do my breed a favor and bow out with some grace .....Cause they are comin for your dogs to, stop this perpetuated cycle that you are contributing to!

5. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

I don't think so because the breeder don't come with the pup when it's sold
    In essence it does with the dogs they are producing. If it didn’t wouldn’t be any reason to seek proven kennels over BYB’s. Yet most can clearly see the odds of getting a dog worth feeding is greatly increased by seeking a pup from a kennel with a proven tract record. Plus when purchasing from a kennel with a proven track record a person doesn't have to seek "internet help" to learn about said pup/dog!

My question is why pay when you can get them for free or pay a small price and they do just as well.
    Everyone at some point in time pay for quality dogs-just most think their backyard crap is “good” simply because of lack of experience and knowledge!

Everyone Can Come Up With Diffrent Reasons To Try And Justify The Outrageous Prices That Folks Want For Their Dogs
    I’ve yet to see a game-bred kennel asking “outrageous prices” truth is most that deal with these mutts are minimalist. When litter directly from Jeep was being sold-there was whiners complaining about the price (not much less than today’s standard). Yet if given the opportunity today they’d willingly pay 20 times that. People want to do and spend as little as possible yet demand 100% out of their dog they’ve provided minimal for-how ironic!

What It Boils Down To Is This They Just Dont Have A Good Enough Job To Support Their House And Family Plus Raise Dogs.
    How do you come to that conclusion?

there Aint No Dog Worth 1,000 Dollars I Dont Care What Blood It Has In It
    Sorry but the facts state otherwise? What would Jeep, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:State w:st=Tex</ST1 /><st1:City w:st=<ST1:pTombstone</ST1:p</st1:City>, Bolio, Dibo, etc be worth-all started out as pups?

pitbulls Have Always Been A Cheap Dog To Maintain There Aint Really No Dog Cheap To Maintain
    What-are they cheap to maintain or not? A dog is only “cheap to maintain” if their owners place minimal importance on health, nutrition, husbandry, etc.

For Over 50 Years And I Have Raised Up Untill Recently The Top Bloodlines In Bulldogs And I Have Never Sold A Dog For More Than 100 Dollars
    What a shame after 50 years you don’t think enough about your dogs and knowledge to feel they demand more than a $100. If thinking so poorly of your dogs-why even breed? Like with most things in life-more knowledgeable a person is the higher price they can demand!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2006
  6. HBK

HBK Big Dog

Wrong!! The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

LOL. Although that's the "official" version, my version is very fitting also. ;)

8. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Ok, I understand the knowledge part but if the dog don't turn out that knowledge just went out the door with the piss poor dog. Tex, I understand what your saying but proven past breedings will make breeders look smarter than they really are. In the case of a guy getting two well bred show dogs "If that is possible" but anyway, Takes and breeds them and sales them for 1,000 + without any past understanding of what he is making. Even a knowledgeable breeder has to study the outcome of a breeding before and after the deed. If you don't look at the finished product you can't make justification for prices so high on any line for that matter. 300.00 is a good all around price for any gameline as I see it. Here in NC gamedogs are a dime a dozen as in other places but I owned a dog named Buckeye that is now a 1Xer and I passed him on earlier last year. Point is, he was given to me and I raised him till 15mo old and now he is on his way to being a nice little bulldog. You don't have to pay or pay high prices for a good dog just look around for what you like and you'll find it soon enough.

9. Well Texas Bulldogs I Am Going To Try To Anwser You Questions For Ya Here Because It Sounds To Me That You Are One Of Those People Who Seem To Charge Say 1,000 Or 2,000 Dollars For A Dog Maybe More I Dont Know For Sure And You Didnt Like How I Said That No Dog Is Worth That Much Money.

To Your First Question About The Price Anything Over 200 Dollars Is To Much For A Dog Period I Dont Care What It Has On Paper It Is Just A Dog.thats It.

Anwser To Your Second Question Is The Only Reason To Charge That Much For A Dog Is You Paddin You Pocketbook Thats It Say You Charge 5,000 A Dog Times That By Say 9 Dogs To Be Modest thats 45,000 Dollars For The Litter,now Your Gonna Honestly Tell Me It Costs You More Than 45,000 Dollars To Raise A Litter Hell No If It Did None Of Us Would Breed Dogs So There Is Only One Reason To Charge That Much For A Dog And Thats To Live Off Of Plain And Simple,cause Aint No Stuff You Have Learned Worth That Much Money I Dont Care Who Ya Are.

As Far As The Third Question I Aint Gonna Comment On That Untill You Go Into What You Want Me To Anwser In More Detail.

For The Fourth Question You Didnt State Exactley What I Typed, You Typed What You Needed To Type To Make Yourself Look. Good Compared To Most Other Breeds Pitbulls Are Cheap To Maintain And I Put All Their Best Interests In Mind When It Comes To Health And Food And Shelter It Just Doesnt Cost Enough To Justify Anything Over 200 Dollars.if You Are Not In It To Make Money I Am Sure You Can Recoup The Cost Of Health And Feed From A Litter By Charging 200 Dollars A Pup Because I Betcha You Get A Discount At The Vet If You Have Been Going There Long Enough And Have Enough Dogs I Know I Do.

As For Question Number 5 Again You Twisted It To Make Your Self Look Good, I Said For Over 50 Years I Have Raised Up Untill Recently Because Of My Failing Health The Top Bloodlines In Bulldogs And I Have Never Charged Over 100 Dollars For One,the Reason I Never Charged Over That Is Because I Am Not Looking To Live Off Of My Dogs Thats My Hobby And A Love Of Mine I Am Not Looking To Get Rich By My Knowledge Of Dogs And The Name I Have Made For Myself Maybe Thats How You Think But I Dont I Would Never Have The Gaul To Charge 1,000 Or 5,000 Dollars For A Pup Even If They Would Pay It, For One It Is A Dog Nothing More Nothing Less. To You It Is Maybe A Way For You To Eat And You Class It As Love For The Breed And What You Know And You Try To Say It Is Medical Costs, And Then When You Get Pulled On The Carpet By Someone Who Has Been Doing It Longer Than You Have Been Alive And Doesnt Charge A Arm And A Leg For His Dogs U Attack Him And That Shows The True Person You Are.see To Me Love Of The Breed Means You Do Not Want To Get Rich Off Of It, It Means You Want To Better It And Help Newcomers To The Breed Get To Know All They Can About It not send them and your dog to the soup kitchen in the process. in My Day We Had What Was Called A Job And It Wasnt Breeding Dogs For Profit Like You Do.so If You Have Any More Questions You Ask Them Privately And I Will Be Glad To Anwser Them For You.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  10. i will not bow down cause someone ganged up with another to act like i do wrong, if i need your help with a dog disease or something important i'll ask, other than that, this site represents the pitbull's bad rep, a bunch of fighting. watch how you say shyt to people, if you trying to help, and you know who i'm talking about, don't be negative and expect me to be nice... this is the internet, if this was in public, this shyt would have been settled days ago. i'm done with this .

11. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

I have people coming to me asking why I don't charge anything to puppy sit pitbulls and alot of people give me money even though I don't want it so I give it right back. I have no interest in getting rich or making a living off these dogs no matter what I do. I love this breed and I will try to do what ever I can to help this breed so thats why I don't charge. I think that is what people mean when they say they do it for the breed.

12. tjpitbull

tjpitbull Big Dog

What about the drug dealers that can afford these dogs there buying them left and right. I dont think its to make sure there the right people thats why you screen the crap out of the buyer reguardless of the amount the pup is selling for. And thats a fact !!!

13. simms

simms CH Dog

Ya think...LOL

Bow out & bowing down are two different actions

I don't think I'm the one who's being negative...LOL I didn't tell anyone to get fucked...LOL

I been messin with these dogs along time, and in more cases than not I've seen those that have great "intentions" fail this breed. Sure you want to do good, but you are only looking and living in the moment...This breed can not afford that type of luxury.

14. simms

simms CH Dog

Verifiable Refferences are critical....This breed in not everyone.

15. Exactley You Screen The Person You Are Selling To

16. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Ok, I understand the knowledge part but if the dog don't turn out that knowledge just went out the door with the piss poor dog.
    It “not turning out” is always a possibility but that odds are much greater of it not buying from individuals without a proven tract record!

Tex</FONT></ST1:p, I understand what your saying but proven past breedings will make breeders look smarter than they really are.
    Not if they have a proven track record spanning generation after generation! A truly knowledgeable breeder with a proven track record of success has a standard and some sort of objective that is being sought by their breeding. But sadly most “breeders” only objective is to create puppies-that’s about as much vision as they have! This is why most “breeders” are thrilled if their breeding’s produce 1 or 2 pups that work out.

Takes and breeds them and sales them for 1,000 + without any past understanding of what he is making.
    I’ve never said they should-sadly though that’s the first thing most want to do is breed. Yet most are clueless to how their dog is breed, what the littermates are like, general tendency of said bloodline, how the parents where, etc. but breed their mutt they will!

Even a knowledgeable breeder has to study the outcome of a breeding before and after the deed.
    A knowledgeable breeder will always know more about their line then anyone else and is constantly striving to improve it. A true breeder doesn’t live they the stupid statement “good dogs are where you find them”! They have the vision and knowledge to create them not blindly living life hoping to stumble upon a “good one”. When it comes to “breeders” is isn’t the person that stumbles upon a good dog that means anything, nor is it the person who by chance happens to breed a good dog that means anything-it’s the person that consistently puts a good FAMILY together that means something! A breeder is a person who recognize not just a superior dog, but who know the difference between a “lucky” superior dog, and a superior dog that was created as a result of a superior genetic planning.

300.00 is a good all around price for any gameline as I see it.
    I disagree being you can’t even by you dress blue jacket for that. But will say that $300 is way too much for what most breed and sale!

Here in NC gamedogs are a dime a dozen
    I’m sure there are as in most states-but 90% of them dogs shouldn’t have ever been produced. Most as we all know shouldn’t breed yet seems to be the first thing most want to do.

You don't have to pay or pay high prices for a good dog just look around for what you like and you'll find it soon enough.
    Not sure anyone has said a person should pay high prices, I know I haven’t? Just saying some dog’s and some breeding are well worth the price they are asking.

It Sounds To Me That You Are One Of Those People Who Seem To Charge Say 1,000 Or 2,000 Dollars For A Dog Maybe More
    <FONT color=black>Nope don’t breed to sale nor could you find a sole in the <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:State w:st=<font color=" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">US</st1:country-region></ST1:p that has purchased a pup from me!</FONT>

You Didnt Like How I Said That No Dog Is Worth That Much Money.
    Not that I didn’t “like it” more so I find it stupid for someone to think certain breeding’s aren’t worth “X” amount of money. But judging by that you statements I’d guess you’re the type that believe “good dogs are where you find them”.

Say You Charge 5,000 A Dog Times That By Say 9 Dogs To Be Modest thats 45,000 Dollars
    Come on-you’re going to extremes on the prices now. Though there are some key dog’s that would be well worth $5000 but an entire litter…come on unless one could go back in time, then that would even be cheap for some litters.

For The Fourth Question You <ST1:p<st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Didnt</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">State</st1:PlaceType></ST1:p Exactley What I Typed, You Typed What You Needed To Type To Make Yourself Look. Good
    Well I don’t nor did I mistype what you said to make myself look “better”! For your own ease I attached a picture for you to prove just that.

As For Question Number 5 Again You Twisted It To Make Your Self Look Good
    Here we go again with the accusations…this time you’ll have to do your own scrolling and realize what I put was exactly what you typed!

the Reason I Never Charged Over That Is Because I Am Not Looking To Live Off Of My Dogs
    How is charging a fare market price for a dog-living off them? Amazing how most are minimalist yet demand maximum! If you don’t believe that a well breed dog of proven genetic make up is not worth more than a run of the mill mutt-than good for you. But the reality of it is the price you are saying a dog is “worth” is for the most part cheaper than they was going for in the 60-70’s.

For One It Is A Dog Nothing More Nothing Less.
    You say that yet I’d venture to say if it quitted or decided to turn into a wall jumper you wouldn’t be say…hey it’s ok after all it’s only a dog.

You Try To Say It Is Medical Costs, And Then When You Get Pulled On The Carpet By Someone Who Has Been Doing It Longer Than You Have Been Alive And Doesnt Charge A Arm And A Leg For His Dogs U Attack Him
    When did I try to validate a “price” based solely on “medical cost”? You need to come back to reality you haven’t “pulled any carpet”! You been doing it longer than I’ve been alive-that would be true if you’re stating the truth. But I find is odd someone doing it for 50 years-still having to use other “breeders” stock instead of having the vision and foresight to of created their own in that time frame. Also please show me where I “attacked” you!

see To Me Love Of The Breed Means You Do Not Want To Get Rich Off Of It, It Means You Want To Better It
    Name one person that’s became “rich” off these dogs…you can’t! How can a person that values themselves and their dogs so little “better the breed”?

you know who i'm talking about
    Nope have no clue who you’re talking about! If talking about me…simply state it no need to beat around the bush like in elementary school. You not going to hurt my feelings by stating whatever it is, you feel you need to say.

Attached Files:

17. As For Your First Anwser I Am Guessing That You Have Bred Dogs And Just Gave Them Away Wich Is A Good Trait Of A Good Dogman.

As For Anwser Number 2
    I Do Not Belive That Good Dogs Are Where You Find Them But I Also Dont Belive They Should Cost 1,000 Dollars Or More.

You Stated That The Price Is Worth The Breeding And Such So It Would Not Be At All Unlikely To See A Well Bred Litter Going For That Much And I Have Seen Litters Going For Twice As Much As 5,000 A Pup.

But You Seem To Have Left Out Compared To Most Dogs Pitbulls Are Out Of What You Typed,wich Means You Just Used What You Needed To Get You Point Across And Look Good.

For The Next Anwser I Know What I Typed And I Know How You Reused What Typed To Make Your Point Come Across.

1,000 Dollars Or More Is Not A Fair Price For A Dog And You Have To Have A Good Solid Reason To Charge That Much Money And You Can Say It Is For This And That But What It Comes Down To Is Folks Are Feeding Their Familes Off Of The Pups They Sell.

I Would Not Do Anything Drastic To The Dog I Do Not Live Through My Dogs In Weightpull Or Anything If It Quits That Means It Is Through For The Day And Mine Would Never Jump A Wall They Are Secured At All Times.

You Stated They Are Only Cheap To Maitain If You Scrimp By On Medical Costs Feed Husbandry Etc,so To Me That Looked Like You Were Trying To Validate The High Price Of The Dogs Through Thatand If You Did Not Get Pissed Off About Me Pullin You On The Carpet About This We Would Not Be Haveing This Talk And I Chose To Breed A Certain Blood Line And Specialize In It As Did Many Good Dogmen Before Me.

No One Has Become Rich Off Of The Breed But Thats What Is Trying To Be Done Today And What Ur Trying To Justify.

18. chrisgr212

chrisgr212 Big Dog

in greece the price for APBT is about $500. reasonable price for a dog with pappers. but u can also find with $200.

19. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

I Do Not Belive That Good Dogs Are Where You Find Them But I Also Dont Belive They Should Cost 1,000 Dollars Or More.
    For most that are charging that price I agree-just don’t agree with the bold statement of NO pup is worth it.

You Stated That The Price Is Worth The Breeding And Such So It Would Not Be At All Unlikely To See A Well Bred Litter Going For That Much And I Have Seen Litters Going For Twice As Much As 5,000 A Pup.
    Please list the breeding’s that went for that much for a pup-talking about game-bred dogs.

But You Seem To Have Left Out Compared To Most Dogs Pitbulls Are Out Of What You Typed,wich Means You Just Used What You Needed To Get You Point Across And Look Good.
    What? Not following you.

For The Next Anwser I Know What I Typed And I Know How You Reused What Typed To Make Your Point Come Across.
    Please show me how I “reused” what you typed or used it in a different way than you implied.

I Would Not Do Anything Drastic To The Dog I Do Not Live Through My Dogs In Weightpull Or Anything If It Quits That Means It Is Through For The Day And Mine Would Never Jump A Wall They Are Secured At All Times.
    How is expecting “X” out of a working breed, that is bred to work-“living through them”? It’s called having a standard for said dog/breed.

You Stated They Are Only Cheap To Maitain If You Scrimp By On Medical Costs Feed Husbandry Etc,so To Me That Looked Like You Were Trying To Validate The High Price Of The Dogs Through Thatand
    Is it not true that providing minimal care is cost much less to raise said dogs/pups? I’m not trying to “validate” anything just offering a different point of view on the subject.

If You Did Not Get Pissed Off About Me Pullin You On The Carpet About This We Would Not Be Haveing This Talk
    Hello this is a message board and its purpose is…?

No One Has Become Rich Off Of The Breed But Thats What Is Trying To Be Done Today And What <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=Ur </ST1:p</st1:City>Trying To Justify.
    First you claim people or becoming “rich” and now you state they aren’t, but trying yet given the “outrageous $500-1000” prices (according to you) you are talking about have been charged for decades by numerous other breeds-yet they still aren’t rich.

20. SisMorphine

SisMorphine Big Dog

I'm always amazed at prices of APBT pups and how low they are (yet how much people complain about them anyway, lol!). Around here an English Bulldog from a responsible/respectable breeder goes for $1800-$2400. I just looked into French Bulldogs and they were $2800. Most purebreds, of whatever breed, from good breeders are between $1000-$1800. $400 for a pup is nothing! It costs that much to adopt an elderly dog from a Frenchie rescue. $200-$300 for other breed rescue dogs.