1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Frisco/Chinaman bred gyp...check her out!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by devinben3, May 31, 2005.

1. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Here's my gyp 3 weeks after weaning pups. I'm just now starting to get her back into shape! She's heavy Frisco/Chinaman and some Carver/Wilder.

**Please learn how to attach photos**

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  2. tnob

tnob Big Dog

Looks real nice. What do you do to suck up a female after pups?

3. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Thanks. Well the best way to help a female go back up is exercise and fast them the first day... the day you wean her, don't feed her at all, just water..the second day 25% food, the third day 50%, forth 75% and the fifth day go back to normal amount. also, a high quality dog food helps...i have heard that feeding the barf diet will also help. but plenty of exercise helps a lot too, just remember, your gyp isn't going to be in as good of shape as she was before pups, so start slow and work up. but a lot of it just depends on genetics and also how good of shape your gyp was in the first place. but time is a big thing here, it takes time for them to go all the way back up.

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I thought you said on another forum she was fixed?

5. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

i never said this one, i said a rescue i got we fixed...this one is not fixed and will not be. but i will probably not breed her again since their is no need. the rescue looks similar to her, but a lot smaller and no muscle tone and a smaller head. But i am happy to say that the rescue is doing great at her new home!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  6. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

anyone else have any suggestions about bringing a gyp back up after pups?

7. B

B CH Dog

If you bred her she's a bitch now...

Patience... the teets will receed on their own as she gets back on a normal routine. It isn't an overnight thing and no miracle starvation regime is going to make it any faster.

B