1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Frisco/ Cur or game

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by J.W, Mar 29, 2004.

1. J.W

J.W Pup

I was just wondering everyone's feeling on this

2. Gamest

Gamest Pup

Well before we can answer that ?. We need to find out whether his offspring is really FRISCO bred ??????????

3. MMK

MMK Guest

i have a double bred elmo bitch and so far she is looking to be something good but she is still too young to truely evaluate. in my opinion i think frisco produces good dogs but i think the percentages though with him are lower than some other dogs. and he has been bred more than most dogs have. i guess u just have to look at each dog off him very closely since u do hear about more from this line quiting in shows than others lines. the only thing i can say though is that it does produce dogs that have alot of mouth and i am more than satisfied with my young elmo dog so far.
    MMK

4. J.W

J.W Pup

I got a frisco dog, She show;s great potential, but she is still to young to tell

5. gator

gator Big Dog

All we can do is breed the best to the best and check out each indivuidual dog and see what happens and still at that, breeding best to best there will still be some tail tuckers. Mother Nature is a strange beast..

6. gator

gator Big Dog

How old is your bitch? I have seen some dogs go as long as 3 years before they really heated up and turned on full power.

7. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

I always heard that FRISCO was a cold dog and I've been told by enough to believe it. I've also heard that a FRISCO dog may or may not be a FRISCO dog. Only Tom Garner knows for sure. (and he ain't telling, unless it benefits him). Dogs can get heat young or old. I personally have rolled a dog at 1 year that wasn't shit and the same dog 2 years later was a killer. If your dog don't show heat by 3 1/2 years, I don't much think it will. I have also had dogs under 1 that wouldn't let a cricket in their yard without devouring it.

FRISCO (supposedly) has been bred to so many dogs that it is hard for him not to be a ROM. The Law of Averages are in his favor.

8. gator

gator Big Dog

Alot of 3x winners get bred to every bitch that comes in heat and like you said it is not hard to become a ROM when you have sired thousands of dogs. I dont know much about the dog you are talking about but I do know a little about Tom Garner and from what you said I might not want to try to get to know him?

9. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Aside from all the BS around this line now, I just don't see this line as being that good on the average. Not to say that I haven't seen any Frisco dogs that I haven't liked. Just had pups off a Pure bred Carver male to a Bitch off of Garner's Ruff Rider X Garner's Cora.

10. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Frisco himself was a cur.

11. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

I think Frisco was a cur. Being that Tom bred him to every Tina, Vicky and Mary; I guess he thought by doing that that people would overlook him being a cur...just my .02

Knock 'Em Out

12. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

What other son of Chinaman did garner have anyway???

13. It Is A Well Known Fact Frisco Was Not [] Material But Went On To Produce Some Good Dogs! I Mean His Dad Was A Killer ,but He Produced Frisco. Gator You Said A Mouthful Even When Breeding Best To Best Not All Are Going To Be Hot Dogs,mother Nature Is A Strange Beast! But I Believe That V&b And T.g. Showed Us With Chinaman That Sometimes You Have To Wait And See What You Really Got,chinaman Was About 4 Before He Got Hot But When He Turned On(got Hot!!hot!!hot!!!!!!!) He Never Looked Back And When On To Become One Of The Greatest Apbt's To Ever Live! You See My Point Is That We All May Have Had A High Caliber Dog On Our Yard But Didn't Have The Patience To To Wait And See! We Might Have A Dog That Could Have Went On To Become The Next Chinaman And Make A Big Impact On The Game That We Play!! Lol Bigmurfdogg!

Adrien bibb and Jerzboy42084 like this.
  14. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

What the hell is the reason behind breeding a cold dog simply for the way its ped reads??!!
    [​IMG]

15. I Think You Misunderstood What I Was Saying,my Point Was That A Cold Dog Can Be A Good Producer And Produce Nothing But Fire,frisco Was A Cold Dog But When Breed To Any Bitch He Threw Fire.and Chinaman Was A Cold Dog Until He Was 4yrs Old.and He Was A Good Producer, So You Are Trying To Tell Me That If You Had The Chance You Wouldn't Have Bred To Chinaman. Chinaman Was A Killer And He Didn't Have To Fight A Female To Get A Win! Lol Bigmurfdogg (peds Don't Make The Dog,the Dog Makes The Ped)!

Adrien bibb and Jerzboy42084 like this.
  16. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

So do you think you run the same chances of getting a good dog out of two hot dogs, or one hot, one cold..?? IMO, I would rather spend the money on a pup out of two winning dogs, then one winner, and one wall hopper......

Jerzboy42084 likes this.
  17. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

Alot of ppl buy pups off of winners but then again even tho one may not be a winner you should find out about that ones offspring and what they have produced. Some dogs out there today and the past were not winners, cold or just not match quality but they put some hot ones on the ground. For example:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=7940

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=19852

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=1827

:D

Jerzboy42084 likes this.
  18. gator

gator Big Dog

As breeders all we can do is breed best to best in hopes that we are able to produce hot dogs but in reality that isnt going to work every time. A good suggestion was to research what the dog has produced in the past.

19. dbobo

dbobo Pup

Do you ppl really even know bout dogs it dont take two good dogs to produce a good dog every bloodline in the world always produce something that aint worth a sh#t I always found that a hot male and a not so hot female or vice versa will and can produce some very fast lane dogs I myself like Frisco dogs but only crossed with some other bloodline especially that fatbills huckleberry stuff now thats most definitely is fastlane bulldogging

Adrien bibb likes this.