1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Front Page on MSN.com

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by BoiBoi, Jul 19, 2007.

1. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

2. NEohioPit

NEohioPit Pup

Yea not good at all. Im not sure if it has anything to do with the mike vick issue being all over tv or not. But i came home from work yesterday and there was a letter taped to my front door. It was from the animal control people, Somebody reported that i had a dog treadmill, and other fighting tools, wich turned out to be the flirt pole. They told me i need to imidiatly get rid of the flirt pole and the treadmill. Found this all kinda stupid especially since i have zero intentions on ever fighting my dog.

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yea that sux, what they don't realize is that its not only fighting dogs that are worked on treadmills, most show dogs are run on treadmills. I would love to see someone with a little foofoo dog get charged with dog fighting because they got caught runnin the dog on a mill.

4. Michele

Michele Guest

LMAOOOO..i'm sorry but i got a mental picture of my chihuahua on a treadmill..HAHAHHAHAHA.

Anyways, i think it's terrible that you cant even have a damn flirtpole in your yard for your dog's enjoyment. what the hell is wrong with some people?

5. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

You cant play tug-o-war with your dog anymore. Not with a flirt anyway. This is a timebomb folks. Its only a matter of time before it all comes to a head and then we will be forced to break the law just OWNING an APBT. Watch and see.

6. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Yup. The witch hunt has begun........:(

7. Wayne

Wayne Big Dog

What makes me so mad is the artical speaks of game dog books you can buy to train your fighting dog,but they don`t read them to tell people these dogs aren`t bred to be human aggressive.Myself I`ve never met anyone who has used cats as bait for a dog.If the government would just try to regulate the sport so they could get a cut instead of costintg the tax payers money looking for them they would be better off.They could still have the little street thugs to chase for unregulated dog fighting.

8. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Members of this board, now is the time to be on ur highest guard, because of all this crap going on we are ALL at risk to loose our animals. We must do everything we can to try and turn this media mayhem around. If u see a show on that is talking about this subject i encourage everyone to call up and tell people the truth about the breed, i know i will be on the lookout tonight and the days to come to voice all the facts i can about the true apbt before they cut me off. Please everyone we need to do this together otherwise we will loose this war against the idiots that want to take our freedom. Its time for a revolution!!!!!!!

9. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I agree BoiBoi- and here's an idea as well: go ahead and write out an outline of the points we want to touch on. Keep it simple, short, factual and throw in a little heart (NOT bleeding heart). That way we wouldn't have to worry about our words being used against us and we would know without a shadow of a doubt what was said.

10. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

thats a great idea, it would be nice to have a set of notes to look at while calling one of these shows, maybe we can use this thread to start throwing around ideas of what would be the best quick facts to have on hand when debating about the apbt. Everyone that has some good facts post it up and lets comeup with a set of notes that maybe one of the mods can make a sticky of so we can have for everyone to use.

11. Fedor23

Fedor23 Big Dog

so much problems in the world, and so much dumb people too, and they are running our country :(

12. Wayne

Wayne Big Dog

I agree it is time to take a stand.Everytime the local news does a pit bull attacks story I send them an educative e-mail on the American Pit Bull Terrier and ask them how they know it was an APBT and not a mix. The words Pit Bull anymore just means a mutt that bites to most people.

13. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

If you think thats funny you gotta see my Jack Russell on the spring pole !
    He is more interested in it than my female Pit. If it stops raining i'll try and snag a pic of it.

14. WWII

WWII Banned

"...“Dogs of Velvet and Steel,” which critics say offers guidance for dogfighting trainers. It’s out of print and highly coveted so a used copy could set you back as much as $1,800."

Really? I saw a used copy at a show for about $30. Who in the hell pays $1800 for a book? Idiots...

15. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Unfortunately here in my town the little gangsta thugs do use cats as bait. My sister is the local AC officer and she confiscates this stuff all the time. Some of the equipment is really nice too, wish I could get some of it but its all held as evidence. We also have a very high amount of dog theft in our city to which these poor animals are found later on dead in dumpsters used as try-out or warm up dogs.

Its the shit like that that gives our dogs a bad name.

16. Suki

Suki Guest

been actively doing that for the past 5 years....
    no big suprise about the Vick ripple effect; it ALWAYS goes without saying...
    sux!!!!!:mad: that's why i said what i said in my other post: his loyalities. no doubt they came straight from his posket and not his heart....idiot!!!

17. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

But that's only started since the HSUS began publishing "How to fight your dogs" articles that mentions using cats & puppies as "bait", feeding your dog gunpowder to "make it mean", etc. The HSUS is responsible for the vast majority of street fighters & thugs out there doing this crap because they are the ones who gave them instructions!

18. Wayne

Wayne Big Dog

Your right I never heard of baiting with cats and puppies till HSUS started spreading those rumors to make the whole game dog world look so bad.

19. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

all this is having a negitive effect on us who run good honest yards.just today i was watching my security cameras and outside my front gate i had about 6 people all trying to catch a glimpse of the ''dog fighter and his dogs''.so i walked out and asked them if i could help them,and they said yes you can by shooting yourself in the head.so i asked now what would make you say a thing like that and they said because your a dog fighter and a very famous one at that.i said how so and their reply was everyone knows what you used to do and you still raise them vicious things to this day.your like that guy in LA [Floyd Boudreaux] who lived amongst folks for years and years with his fighting dogs.but he got his and your going to get yours you can try and hide it with your big walls and massive gate but everyone knows what goes on,that NFL player couldn't even run forever.so i politely said to them you are harrasing me on my private property,and you have 3 seconds before i call the police and have you prosecuted to the fullest extent.they didn't leave so i pulled out my cell phone and rang the sheriff and he came out and arrested them for disturbing the peace,harrasement,verbal threats,and verbally assulting a person of age.so i signed on them and everything.but i do wish this would just blow over and be done with so we can be left alone.

20. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Man, I am sorry to hear that. What a pain in the tush. I hope that's the last of what you have to deal with stemming from all this.