1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

GA: Pit Bull FOUND

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by APBTlover09, Jun 5, 2010.

1. is anyone here missing an APBT?
    cross posting this from another bulldog forum.

2. It's not the other poster's lost dog, "Spud," but someone is definitely missing (or had stolen) a really great dog.

We have it here at our house, and I can honestly say its either someone's housedog or just always wanted to be a housedog (seems to be housebroken, doesn't make a peep, and doesn't chew anything, and that's being in some stranger's house less than 24 hours!)

Folks can e-mail me at kodiakstudios@gmail.com as well if they think it may be their dog. It was found near the intersection of Highway 92 and Brownsville Road in Powder Springs, Georgia.

3. GREAT NEWS! Her owner came and picked her up today! :)

Her name is "Roxy," and she is a flashy blue fawn. She scooted out of the house on accident. Here's her mugshot at our house before her owners came :)

[​IMG]

4. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

That's great news. Glad her owner came and got her

5. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

they need to have an i.d. tag or microchip on her.

6. JuddFL

JuddFL Pup

How was her owner found? What other forum was this from?

I have one I found in Douglasville and can not keep him. If you can post this on the other forums, I would appreciate it. I have a thread in the adoption section

7. AGame

AGame CH Dog

good thing someone who knows about apbt's or has a lil experience with them got her before they had her in the shelter and put her down or someone kept her i swear pitbulls i bet are the most stolen breed around

8. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

That looks more to be an amstaff rather than an apbt. I'm glad the owners found him.

9. We did the following:

1. Immediately put up a flyer at the gas station near the intersection with very vague information (to prevent people from "claiming" a dog that wasn't theirs.) It said, "FOUND: Pit Bull. NO collar. Intersection of ____ and _____ on 6/4/2010. Must identify sex, color, and distinguishing characteristics.")

2. Posted ads on Pitbull-Chat, Craigslist, Petfinder, LostPets network, and EbayClassifieds (Kijiji.) I also contacted four rescue groups in the Atlanta area that post Pit Bulls on PBRC in case someone called them.

3. Screened people via e-mail who said the dog was theirs, but the dogs they described were not her.

The owner saw the FOUND flyer at the gas station while they were putting up a LOST flyer. They live near the gas station and 1/2 mile from our house. The owner called and described every last detail about her.

Yes - she looks more AmStaff, but the majority of people in this area wouldn't know what an AmStaff was if we put up a flyer that said FOUND: AmStaff (or American Staffordshire Terrier.) They would only know it as "pit bull" (or as the owner spelled it "pittbull.")

10. The local shelter is closed (Paulding County) due to mandated renovations due to rat infestation, but as she is intact and a nice looking (and well-mannered girl,) we were doing our best to protect her from fake-owners who probably would have bred her to death.

11. art

art Big Dog

looks like dmmk mutt

12. Except DMMK's dog is a male, a different color, has natural ears, and doesn't look anything like this one ;)