1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game Birds- Naked Heel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 209 OTC, Oct 11, 2013.

1. 209 OTC

209 OTC Pup

Hello,

Apart from bulldogs I also raise Naked Heel Game Birds. I have had this line of birds over 20yrs. I have a few extra stags and pullets available as well as some Brood Stock. My foundation bloodline came form Patt Paterson the creator of the American Asil Boxing Association back in 2003. If anyone is interested in obtaining some of these birds please PM me. I am able to ship the birds for $65 via USPS.

Regards

2. who

who Top Dog

I bought an asil for fun once, thing weighed 12lbs!!! I think I over fed it lol spare it with friends of the family's kelso stuff, it would kick them birds into delirium lol wouldn't take the steel
    Back when chicken Derbys was legal in oklahoma I had so much fun,

3. 209 OTC

209 OTC Pup

Hello Who,

You are right, Asils have a ton of stamina. Back when the AABA was still going they would cut the spurs to 1/2", wrap tape around the spurs and let them go at it for three 18 minute rounds with 5 minute wash down breaks in between. The fight would go until one got knocked out or a draw after the 54 minutes.

4. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Are they related to the Thai Game Roosters the Hmong's always have?

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

post some pics, looks like were local and im just getting an interest sparked in these things lately.... theres a guy in your area i heard with some warhorse birds, ive been really intrigued with what ive heard about them......

6. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I don't have any game fowl. I was going to get a good trio yrs back from a ol friend I had in Al. His family had Claret & Claret crosses.

7. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

Warhorse's are a different line of Game birds...its a very old line of knife, & gaff fowl! Game birds are a real joy to have, & a lot fun...if your seriously thinking about getting into them then take your time, & try to pick your stock, & sources wisely! :-)

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

ive had like 3 people tell me this shit is still legal in OK....this cant be true???

9. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Last I knew LAwas the last state legal to match game fowl.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yeah i heard that too arizona wasnt far behind them...

11. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

It ended up on public ballot it Arizona in 1999, & was voted to be an illegal sport!

12. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

New Mexico was 2 to 3 years later...possibly 4, I can't recall at the moment!

13. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Furios Ford you ever see the movie Cockfighter? My friend in Al sent me a copy he recorded over to dvd. The only thing is it never worked pas the first .30 or so. From what I was told is it had some good and accurate info in it. Supposed to be a good movie.

14. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Never watched the movie but one of my buddies down here loves that movie. Watches it all the time. It's from the 70s he said, he has a few copies of it lol. He's got birds himself.

15. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Yeah it says 1974. Shows some footage also.

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Good flick, fb sent me a copy last year....

17. Tatman

Tatman Pup

Never had much experience with the Asils or naked heel but i do remember Patterson from ads in Gamecock or Grit and Steel i think.Louisiana was the last stronghold for legal cockfighting but they also went the way of OK and AZ..My Uncle used some of the Asil blood blended with certain bloodlines for the gaff and shortknife.I raised gamefowl pretty much all of my life and logged many an hour conditioning and in the pits of Louisiana as well as in Copper State in AZ and OK.It was a shame to lose the places i spent so much time in as a youngster and a young man.Are all the birds you have Asils OTC?

18. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Why dont u share the love bro n send a copy back east my way.....sharing is caring lol

19. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

I watched it my first time as a kid...so yes I've seen it a few times!
    Here you go...I believe this should be the entire movie, but I don't know I didn't watch the whole link!

COCKFIGHTER (1974) - YouTube

20. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

Been there done that myself also...people like me, & you that were around for the legals days, & then the illegal days that came have a true understanding of how the true "oldtimers" that were around for the old days in the dogs feel when law changes were forced upon them, & now how they look at the dog world now, & wish they could go back to the good ol days!?

I would kill to go back to the good old days of the birds, & get stuck in those times to live over, & over again!!!