1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

game blood mixed into show hence =show and go

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by wisconsindog, Mar 17, 2006.

1. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

Attached Files:

2. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

Re: game boold mixed into show hence =show and go

by the way i did this breeding my self and these are both good dogs dad is amazing hogdog

3. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Not My Cup-a-tea.....

4. Magneeto

Magneeto Big Dog

speachless................

5. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Um, well. First off, why? Plenty of "game bred" dogs can excel at the show ring without mixing (Well, possibly tainting ;)) their blood. Plenty of RE dogs can and will excel at dog sports such as weightpull.

By mixing the two, you just get a bulldog/AmStaff mix who may look pretty and preform at some things with some caliber.

Not my cup of tea. Just stick with the basics, it's been working great for a while.

(Eh, sorry if this most isn't making to much sense. I can't put thoughts together right now.)

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't understand it, but then again I don't believe in breeding untitled dogs. Also, if I understand anything at all about breeding, when you mix two dogs on opposite ends of the spectrum, its more likely you'll end up with some pups at one end, and some at the other, rather than pups who show the perfect blend of both. JMO.

7. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

when you game to show. you now have a four legged gameshow dog

8. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

well i know that razors edge dogs are not my cream of the crop but this is not a amstaff /apbt cross these dogs were bred for perfomance and will be only bred againg if they make the grade dont forget ukc dogs were the first to register our beloved breed and i have seen a few crosses like this work so i did it myself and so far my dog is almost 7 moths and my next breeding will be back to a pure zebo family breed dog and that will be somthing to reckon with

9. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I think that it is pointless, UKC dogs like over 50years ago.

10. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I'm confused, you bred a 7 month old dog ???

11. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I think they mean that the pup outta that breeding is now 7 months old, and when its older they want to breed it back to a Zebo dog?

12. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

You say its not an AmStaff/APBT cross, but doesn't Razor's Edge go back to AmStaffs?

13. dax8814

dax8814 Pup

you are an absolute idiot... i have seen a few of your posts and they are all this stupid. you probably shouldn't be breeding dogs cause you have no idea what you are doing... this post was just like all the rest of yours ridiculous

findrodhere likes this.
  14. Re: game boold mixed into show hence =show and go

Your pups father is 50% Razors Edge, which is AmStaff, weather he can work a hog or not.

Your pups Grandmother "Shadow" (topside) has alot of AKC blood (AmStaff) as well as some UKC stuff that was bred specificly for color and looks, including Greyline's Foundation bitch "Showtime". (AmStaff)

Thru one of those Chain Gang dogs you have some Castillo blood, which I know first hand still performs when bred right, but you have to go back 8 generations to get to dogs that were specifically bred for performance.

Dont take it as an insult when people say your dog is a Staff. There's nothing wrong with that. Staffs are great dogs, and alot of Staffs can still be good working dogs

We have two Game/Show crossed females who were game-tested OTC and did nothing less than EXCELL...tremendously. They were the result of a neighbors accidental breeding, and we took in two of em. They, however, could never be part of a gamedog breeding program because they are 50% Staff, and would not yield high enough odds to produce with consistancy. This is their ped: http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=183493

If your plan was game from the start. I think you should have chosen a better stud, especially if going back to more game like you said you were going to. In the long run, you just took a couple of steps backwards from a game standpoint...and put the rest of that litter in the hands of the public. Those dogs are gonna be bigger than average due to the fathers blood, and probable more dog aggressive than your buyers would expect from a Bluff...not a good combo to keep them outa the shelter...know what I mean?

These are just my thoughts. But You have a nice looking pup, and I hope she works out for ya, whatever that may be.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2006
  15. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I've seen the red dogs picture somewhere before.... Don't like the breeding

16. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

I like it for a long time ive liked this dogs with a blend of game there just right I know many people dont like them but not every tea blend is to everbodys taste but if the breeding worked out then thats good

17. B

B CH Dog

There is no blend of game... you are going for one or the other. This guy sounds confused. You need to decide one way or the other. Either breed for show or game because you're mix isn't the receipe for success. You have a fairly well bred bitch you're sticking to a blue mutt... because? You are trying to end up with game dogs? You are trying to get more show dogs with prettier papers to sell? Something doesn't add up right but you surely don't sound like you know what you are doing.

Regards,

B

18. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

yep... that pretty much sums it up.

19. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

Ever notice that the least knowledgeable and capable people here are the ones who advocate breeding the most? While the people here who know what they are talking about breed rarely, carefully, or never.

What with his Pikitas and other mutt experiments and now this, this Wisconsindogs dude really seems intent on trying to create something new. That is not bad in and of itself, but the fact that the smarter members on this board have not tried and advise against a breeding like this this should tell you something.

20. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

You know, there are a few lines of Amstaffs that have gone to some lengths to keep their dogs working dogs. Perhaps not game but smaller, and quite athletic. Why not just get into one of those lines of dogs?

This breeding leaves me scratching my head. More so at a time when there is such a huge overpopulation of Pitbulls of all types.