1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bloodlines that are good with children?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by The Keep Book, Mar 14, 2015.

1. redwar

redwar Big Dog

A good dog to have around family and kids is an animal that has earned that right by showing it deserves and appreciates it. The dog has earned the right by correct behaviors around family etc simple as that. Buying a dog and thinking that because it is a certain bloodline it will be good with children is a bad move. And supervision which has already been mentioned.

2. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

1OO % Red some families is so good suited for this breed and bring out the best and some its just not for them no matter how much they want the dog.

3. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Exactly and Great Post.. If you want a pet for your child get him a fish or a Parakeet.. A working animal is no pet for a kid unless he will be working it which in most cases a child is not ready for a working bulldog.

4. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Well my kids grew up around dog's. I had A chainlink fence around the whole operation. for various reasons! I think my daughter was 8 or 9 when she started watering and feeding my dogs! But by then she was very capable probably more so then a lot of adults! She always carried A breaking stick, was able to tell me which ones I might want to take A look at, for various reasons! I would never get A true pit bull for A family pet, just to much can go south!

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Some of the best dogs that I am very fond of including IBM,,, Vengeance and Gabe were all raised as pets with children present,,, I wouldnt say its wise to get a bulldog as a pet for your children if the parents lack overall sense,,, but it is wise to get a bulldog for your family if your a responsible parent that also pertains dog sense...

I think IBM greatly thrived off his attention and using the brain activity early could only make for a smarter bulldog as he matured,,, some of these dogs were very human like and just riding around in the cars gives them a extra sense of balance,,, Gabe was never on his back and I am sure his up bringing had something to do with it,,, plus he was said to swim like fish and breath underwater also...

From what I understand all three of these dogs never spent anytime on a chain...

On the opposite end there are the type that need no human intervention growing up and are going to be what they are going to be regardless of what a human might try...

To each their own on the subject,,, the gentle warrior is the very thing that attracted me to the breed...

6. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

EP nuff said that was the black ball sunk game over. Dogs didnt spend time on the chain, going on car rides, swimming as an activity common sense says your building a confident well rounded animal that knows he has the love and backing of his pack hell yeah he will work harder. EP can you please post a PED of these dogs you were talking about.

7. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Just let me say this and I'll bow out. I sent my brother A excellent bred female to raise for me. He raised the dog as A house in and outside. Welll she was like A mother bear to his kids! Then she got A little older, she started raising hell with the mailman, the trash man. One day his sister in law, and her older children came over, the kids were playing in one room the dog was in the other, all of A sudden my niece made A loud yell while playing! The only thing that kept her cousin from getting seriously bitten was A hard wood floor, the dog took after that bigger kid so fast it slid on the floor and my brother grabed her by the tail!!! In other words she was part of the pack and became extremely protective! That was my experience! Shortly latter, I came and picked her up!

8. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

with that being said,,, the man that raised gr ch sissy also raised her to be a grandchampion and actually bred her to vengeance when he was a 2x to have something to fall back on so to say,,, well they both erned thier grandchampion
    that hard way,,, well this man tried to raise another dog the same way as gr ch sissy with no avial,,, sissy was the man second bulldog he ever owned and he dont realize that she had would it took and he just helped her excel with them...

In other words you can raise them as family and be let down when they dont make it or you can raise them as livestock and not be suprised when they dont make it...

If you dont know whom grch ibm is,,, I cant help you as I posted his ped at least a thousand times on this site,,, lol
    and If you dont know who gr ch venegeance is,,, look him up and as I mentioned he was bred to sissy whoms a half sister to the gabe dog...

...alright one(thousand) more time(s)...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [1141] :: MALIK'S IBM

GR CH KILLER COMBINE Sporting Dog News

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [276379] :: KILLER COMBINE'S VENGEANCE (6XW) (ROM)

9. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

Their beautiful EP what do these dogs work out to be scatterebred, line bred sorry not familiar with the peds

10. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

If you go back on IBM and Vengeances pedigrees,,, its mostly eli carver blood seem to be the common names...

11. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

Thanks EP good info for all

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Like I said dogs of any bloodline can be good with kids. All my dogs are raised as family pets for the first 9 months give or take. And then after that are still brought in the house on a rotation. I'm not saying that they can't be "gentle warriors" all I'm saying is that if you haven't "worked" these dogs don't run out and buy one as a pet for your kids. It's just not a smart move. Because let's face it the average person shouldn't have a game dog as a pet, a majority just don't have what it takes.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

13. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Good post Caj,,, it takes understanding and you right a majority of dogmen dont have that sense...
    I cant count the amount of bulldogs that my friends and family have/had as house dogs,,, in over thirty cases we have not had any more issues than one running away...
    I would say people should learn about the dogs before they aquire one but alot of my folks could care less and just want a well rounded dog and we are yet to find a more well rounded breed for our families...

To each their own and I would say finding similar minded people and breeding generations of easy going dogs makes for excellent house dogs for those that arent pitbull savy and if they dont work as house dogs we do
    like mr colby used to do and get them back,,, we believe they thrive better in this home enviroment and its a win situation if the dog does or dont make it as a house dog...

Just as the pack theory or anything else,,, if you dont practice it,,, please tell me how you can say it isnt good???

14. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

The average person wanting a game bred dog for a family pet more often than not haven't researched and studied the breed or have any idea what they're letting themselves in for when they come of age. So they treat and raise the pup as a normal breed expecting the training and exercise levels to be enough. But when the gamedog comes of age is when most problem's occurs as the average pet owner is unprepared for the needs of a mature gamedog. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the majority of bulldogs that end up in the pounds are young adults.

15. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

good post blueboy...

16. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

Me and my wife were just discussing this very topic. She keeps bitchin' at me for buying my little Eli/chinaman female. Nobody in the house wants to "deal" with her.
    What I mean is that, if I ask my wife or one of the kids to take her out to relieve her self, they complain "she drags them down the steps, jumps up at their faces, spins circles on leash", ect ect.
    mind you she is barely 30 lbs. She comes out of her crate like a ball-o-fire. Super energetic. too much so for a "house dog." Now on the other hand, my scatter bred Patrick male
    who is 52 pounds of muscle, is much calmer and will sit still and chew a toy/rawhide by you as you watch Tv for an hour. He does not pull on leash and waits for you to start
    down the steps before he does. I personally believe he is more intelligent. If you "correct" him once for an unwanted behavior, he gets it, the 1st time. No need to re-correct.
    The female ...fuggetaboutit. You can choke her off her feet, she'll just go right back to what she was doing. Some consider this a sign of being "Tenacious" I get it.
    For a straight up "chain dog" bought and raised solely for sport..sure, great trait to have. As a "Pet-Bull" not as desirable. A hard headed dog that is difficult to "train" does
    not make for an enjoyable pet. I know for a fact that my Male's blood has not been "worked" for 2, possibly 3 generations. He is a big headed Pit that barks at anyone coming
    near my property. That's what I like, That's why I have him. I purchased my female specifically from "working" blood in the hopes to breed to my male in 5/6 years
    to keep a son out of, as his replacement. I wanted to add some "working pit blood" to balance out 3 generations of "couch Pit blood" I wanted to retain some of
    "game" dogs beneficial qualities , ie, good bone structure, exemplary Muscle tone, quiet, loyal ecte ect.

17. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

What's the point of having a working dog if you not going to work it? Game dogs don't have "good bone structure, muscle tone, quiet nor loyal. That description is for just about any dog that is healthy and gets regular exercise. So what happens, when you breed them and she has a litter of 7, game dog qualities mixed with a petbull who barks at strangers? You only want a son so what happens to the other 7 or 8? Oh they get placed with someone who expecting a pet but in all reality have a dog with gamedog instincts but has had them shuffled to bark when people come by etc which then starts a learned behavior that people are not friends and that they are prey or least not welcome. So now this 40-60lb petbull catches on and then kaboom out of nowhere catches somebody ass and now the rest of the folks deal with the BS bc first thing they gone mention is your wife saying she didn't want you to get this "gamebred" dog who is producing aggressive pups. If you not gone work them it's no point. There are other breeds with qualities you are looking for that are breed for what you are looking for.

18. niko

niko CH Dog

I placed a dog with a friend who wanted a pet once...I'll never do it again.No matter how many times I explained to him the precautions he had to take with the dog he made a mistake and almost lost a finger trying to break up a fight.I dont think most people are ready for that responsibility.

19. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

Rock-a -bye.. .if your Game dogs do not have "good bone structure, muscle tone and aren't loyal" ...I think you need to re-think your "Program."
    A well bred Pit has a genetic gift for superior athleticism. That is not the "description of any healthy dog" Please re-read my post. My "game-bred" female
    is NOT people Aggressive..She is just High strung. My Patrick scatter bred PET bull is aggressive. My bitch is 29 lbs..in your reply you mention
    60 POUND dogs..WOW that will be a medical miracle. I better have the Forceps ready..!

20. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Your logic is remedial at best. You dog being 50lbs and her being 30lbs don't mean the dogs will be smaller, in fact the folks you are going to sell those dogs to will more than likely feed some commercial market food that inflates the size and has them dogs bloated and they can easily touch 50-60lbs. The fact that you call them pits is laughable, you don't deserve game dogs in the least bit. You are the exact type person that shouldn't get one of these dogs ever. It's a working dog, why go get a working Belgian Malinois and then make it a house pet without work and then breed them and place them into more irresponsible hands and then when an accident happens act like you are shocked. You're reason for wanting a game dog is flawed and you shouldn't have one. What the hell you care about "superior athleticism for if you not working the dog to begin with.