1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"Gameness" A dying trait?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by OldFortKennels, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Re: "Gameness" A dying trait?

Thinking about and looking for a fight with someone else is illegal.... but if a "Accidental" scrap happens... thats not going out looking for a match to prove your dog is better than so and so's... so close the door to the bathroom when you go take a shit so noone else smells it...

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Re: "Gameness" A dying trait?

Honey, if you are rolling your dogs, your behind will go down on dog fighting charges. They don't need Tom, Dick, and Harry to get caught running from your place with a Playbill and some cash to call it dogfighting.

Are you also aware that some states have mere paraphernalia laws which mean you can be indicted on dogfighting charges without the presence of an actual dog fight or even a pit location?

Before we know it, the dogs themselves will be all the "paraphernalia" needed to get one charged. This world is going to hell and I'll be damned if it's taking my dogs with it.

(& I absolutely despise these crappy laws and I will continue to fight them, but right now they are what they are. Honestly, there are a some innocent people sitting in a jail cell right now for being arrested and charged with something they were/are innocent of....and yet in the end, they will most likely still pay the price)

EDIT: and a word to the unwise - you go around running your mouth enough about these "accidental" scraps that may or may not happen on your yard and it is all gonna end up with you accusing someone of ratting you out when in fact it was your own mouth that led them to your door. I advise you to keep all your "accidental" theories to yourself. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2008
  3. Re: "Gameness" A dying trait?

First of all this story took place like 15 years ago but if it's inappropriate I'm sorry.
    I grew up in a dog fighters world and being a young girl really hated it. I loved those dogs and hated seeing them hurt. Now I love a game dog and understand the fight makes them the great dog they are. My point of view changed in about '94 with a little bitch about 32 pounds called Carrells "Gizmo"
    I saw this match and she went into a dog from Mexico, that dog wrecked her for 2 hours, but at 2 hrs 22 min she'd had enough and came out on top.
    When she was brought home she had three legs that looked broken, and was pretty well shredded. They took her in the house, cleaned her up, and put her in the corner on a blanket. Everyone thought she'd be dead by morning.
    The next day some friends came over with a video they had made of the match the night before and put it on t.v. When that little dog heard her handler talking on the video saying "Get up Gizmo" She tried her best to scratch at the T.V.
    I can tell you in a room full of dog men there wasn't one who didn't have to wipe his wet eyes. Because that is heart and thats why a pit is so special. It would a tragedy to lose that trait.