1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gameness vs. Mouth

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dream Pits, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Buster may have been a bum. For that one night he had the heart of a champion. Do you remember the fight? Iron Mike hit him with an upercut that would have knocked out most mules. He got up and took it to him.

I don't think the cocaine was a big part then. I do believe that Robin Givens made Iron Mike weak in the knees however.

2. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

You are showing youre greenness with every post. I think you are one of those type folks Ben was refering to when he made the Stratton referance. How the hell do you know whats in a dogs head? He is just as likely to be thinking imma hold this ear untill this stupid fucker blows his wad. The dog that wins and produces consistantly is the one who is liveing up to what you breed for. no madder if its a barnstormer, head dog , stifle dog etc etc....

3. Iron Mike should have went down as one of the greatest to ever step in the ring. He is now a laughing stock who tattooed his face and needs reality TV to live.

4. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Well some bums have heart lmao still a bum. Robin Givins would have made my ass week in the knees also. Cocaine was a factor in that fight straight from Tysons mouth.

5. Fair enough.

6. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

althow his raign at the top was short like lepricons lmao dont get it fucked up He is and will be rememberd as one of the best to step in the ring. while in his short prime he was the most talented feroshious fighter to step in the ring.He quite simply changed the game.

7. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

naw i was a baby then, but i do like watching his old fights.
    he could have got it back together with boxing, even after the ear thing.
    but quiting to that german guy sealed it for him.

8. Loved iron Mike as well. He will never be looked at as an all time great though. WHo did he fight? Michael Spinks came into the ring wearing knee pads. LOL. Mitch Greene? Bone Crusher Smith? Carl the Truth Williams, Buster Douglass, Evander, Lennox.

9. WHat screwed him up was his mentor Cus D'mato dying. Also, Jim Jacobs kept him together as well. If he didn't shun everyone for Don King, it may have been a totally different story.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i dont know whats in the dogs head. and i never claimed to be a thesauras on these dogs either. but this started out as me explaining what i got from the others posts. not saying that those are the 2 best styles or 2 worst. just what i got from them. which would i pick? who knows the one that i think is more of a bulldog, and wants to be there.
    i was just comparing to styles.
    there are many other factors that come into play when it means the difference between losing and winning.
    i was just agnowledging the difference between a smart talented ear dog, and the one that wants to stay out of trouble.

11. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Evander and lenux lewis were worthy great champions! period.

12. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

It doesn't take an expert to see the wholes in some of his posts. And it's pretty bad when an amature can clearly see that a so called experienced person ain't makin no sense. And as far as getting off the porch, don't you guys worry about that, I ain't never been one for sittin around and when I do I'll make sure I keep a good ear/nose dog for all those short show destroyers who lack what it takes to go past the hour mark.

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

its when he converted to muslim and went to don, i agree.

PRAISE B 2 ALLAH!

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

it wasnt a an attack at you, i was just clarifying some misunderstood posts. from what i got out of reading em.

15. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Ben Brockton is a very opinionated dude who aint affraid to speek for himself. It was YOURE statement on what was going on in the dogs heads and what should be bred for.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2010
  16. Very simply put, we are all here because we all love this breed of dog. The people that have spent the most time doing these dogs, have made a ton more mistakes then someone that is just starting out.

As far as the styles go, there are different things that make each one of us go WOW. As long as they are game, they can do whatever.

17. I was never a big Lewis or Holyfield fan.

18. The problem with his statements is it is hard to argue with people that have been there and done that. If your dealing with an internet dogger, then that is one thing. WHen someone has spent the better part of tending to this type animal, there is not much that they have not seen.

Making blanket statements about Head dogs being curs makes no sense at all. The old timers liked that style better then anything.

19. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

You're good man. I don't hold hard feelings over petty stuff, but he did say ear dogs are cuts and all kinds of other crazy talk and to me it's just smart. And I ain't for a dog that can't do nothin when it's not on the ear either but you have to admit that the frustration a dog goes through when it's helpless is kind of funny cause it's just that..... helpless. A hard mouth that can't get a bite is worthless. And if I had a real hard mouth dog and it was gettin held off by a ear dog I'd be the first one to call it everything BB did and more but the bottom line is it's a smart play sometimes and a lot of dogs that have that style are good dogs

20. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Great post lakewood.