1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gameness vs. Mouth

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dream Pits, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

thats his girl? i thought it was his mom! LMFAO :eek:

2. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

game game game game what good is a mouth if he wont scratch:confused:

3. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

Hard mouth is found in a hundred different breads true gameness is only found in one.gameness comes first after this shaking ability is were most damage is caused not the ability to crunch down hard, hard mouth is the most over rated trait next to head size and muscle bulk (substance) to give the impression of ability . shaking ability does all that hard mouth does and a whole lot more on top.

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

what the hell are you going on about?

5. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Ability.........shaking ability:)

6. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

the qualities that come with the gameness is what made the APBT as respect as it was in it's hayday. the loyalty to owner, constant desire to please, stop breeding for gameness first and all that goes to shit... then they become what the GP already thinks they are.

i dont know a whole lot about the history and whatnot, but i do love the dogs, and you have to think what was done in the past to make them great, what are we doing presently, and how that is going to benefit the future.

7. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

shaking out a hold does far more damage than the ability to crunch through a hold it will tear flesh brake bones and demoralise more than hard bite. and its generated in the midsection channeled through the back and neck muscles and released through the hold it isnt generated in the jaws neck muscles or the cheek muscles.it requires power endurance and wrestling ability and is unique in its sheer power ferocity and intensity when demonstrated by a performance bred bulldog.all things being equal between a game dog of average mouth vs a game dog with heavy mouth ill take the one who can shake out his holds powerfully and repeated till the end . history is full of toothless pluggers who have frustrated and worn out hard mouth barn stormers and in my opinion show you what this whole game is all about.

8. actdafool

actdafool Pup

i must agreed

9. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you train gameness to a degree? I mean it might not be a strong willed dog by nature but you could certainly make them do it for you. If this is true then I would take a really hard mouth over dead game.

10. Nina's Dad

Nina's Dad Big Dog

I can teach you how to break a mans jaw with one punch, whether or not you have the balls to actually do it when the chips are down is a different matter all together.

11. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Read my comment again, I'm talking about training in terms of gameness.

12. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

no, you cant train a dog to be game ... you can show it how to scratch but you cant train its heart and drive ...

13. capo

capo Big Dog

14. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I always thought having a hard mouth was one's ability to use it effectively. I would agree biting hard alone is overrated. I learned something new today!

15. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

I take a well schooled game dog that can wrestle like hell. It must be the strongest dog at pit weight in your yard/team. Hard biter, shakers, leg dogs, ear and face surgeons need time and space to apply their trade. In the box it's a wrestling contest using their mouths. A dog consistently on top and pushing his opponent into the corner has the greater advantage.

16. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

This was great ...

17. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

If a dog had mouth like big John.....

Then my dog would need a kevlar vest!

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

A good face eater or ear worm don't give a damn about your pushing or wrestling

19. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

Gameness is usually the winner But sadly even dead game do get stopped...Gameness 'prey drive' is there or it is not you know it when you see it ..but it's great to see with wind and a bone breakin bite ...This is what it is all about everyone seeing how close they can come to the ultimate athlete ...

20. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

that's what I like and a strong dog that will scratch all night won't mind your love bites.

But your face jockey will have to do it on his back and in the corner.