1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gang of Racoons?

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by raman781, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I've hunted with bulldogs (game-dogs) for over 30 years, Patterdale/Fell Terriers for a few years now and I hunt a few times a week and sometimes more than that now that I've been retired. On several occasions we have hit barns or old houses with 4 or 5 coon in them and they always scatter. Never seen them gang up. I think a coons motto is "Every critter for himself!"

2. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Even the playing field....Buy ya a nice game Bulldawg and get ya a varmit rifle and put in some work! I had a similar experience with 3 cyotes. Long story short....My Eli/Red Devil male got jumped in the back yard...Dont know why just heard a hell of a ruckous...I grabbed my good ole 1911 Colt...Went onto the deck...He had one of the little bastards in a hold on the side of the neck shaking the shit out of it and the other two where trying to get a hold on him or find a angle on him. I ran closer and point blank ended one of the lil mofos right there. The other ran after the shot and my male let go of the hold and that one ran off . It was dark so i didnt want to fire a shot at a target halling ass that fast so he got away. But...I havent seen um back since. Checked my male out when i could finally get him to call tha F down and not a single scratch. I think they came up to his dog house while he was sleeping (Yes he was on the chain)...His food was still in the bowl. He had some cooked chicken in there. I think thats what they wanted. Ole boy wasnt giving up his dang chicken! lol.

3. Took mine about 30 seconds.

However, it took her about 10 months to recover from coonhound paralysis after the fight. You can vaccinate against rabies (super rare to catch rabies anyways) and distemper but not coonhound paralysis so be careful before you let your bulldog have 'fun' with a raccoon.

Not worth it IMO

Coonhound Paralysis

4. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

@bernard max how many times did the coon bite your dog?

5. It happened very fast but afterwards when I was cleaning her I did not see any puncture wounds. So the raccoon either scratched her, bit her but not very hard or she just ingested some of the raccoons blood during the fight. This last possibility is most likely as she was covered in it (blood) afterwards but none of it was hers.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

interesting (and scary)...ive heard of CP, but never seen it first hand.