1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Garbage 2

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by XxKonnectionsxX, Aug 17, 2006.

1. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Ok actually I'm not as pissed off as others may think.. lol.. I just am dissapointed in how someone can call themselves a dog man who has fast lane dogs blah blah blah and they do this and that, but they let a product like this get into someone else's hands.

I've had the dog for almost 2 months now. NO its NOT the dogs fault he was treated bad... NO its NOT my fault for exposing him to new things. I'm doing what anyone would do to socialize a pup. I'm pateient with him, I treat him like a dog should be treated, and he has changed a LOT over time and he is WAAAAAAAY more confident than when I first got him. Hell even tried to chase a cat yesterday.. lol I feel that if a dog is scared of me and then in the next couple of days he going excited because I am comming home when he sees me, then I KNOW FOR A FACT he is COMFORTABLE WITH ME!!! lol.. He can run away and go play and I can call him back to me.... so this is to "RIPTORA" You don't know what I have done with the dog, so don't make it seem like its partly my fault...lol thats crazy.

The dog has been wormed. As a matter of fact I took the dog and got it checked out two days after I got him. I spend time with this dog every single DAY. As a matter of fact, he stays in the house with ME. So I can give him extra attention. And RIPTORA you tell me I shouldn't have exposed him to frightening new things. What walking in an EMPTY OPEN FIELD IS exposing to frightening things????? LOL get REAL. To me thats the perfect place. Do you suppose I should have chose a WOODED area? lol....or some confined room?? And the breeder's response to me today was I should have left him on the chain and pretended he wasn't there and he would then come around?? LOL What a load of crap... Thats INSANE... LOL..

I am going to give the lil guy a chance, but I did want to rant and really just warn others of mistakes like this that I have made. Somone who is always cautious can get screwed too. I know thats part of the dog world, but you know.. it really sours me when you feel that you can trust someone and then when you finally trust them, they screw you over.. The main reason of this post also was to try to get some type of explanation as to why he would react the way he did and why his crap comes out GREEN... I thought maybe his fearfulness was part of a mental issue he may have had..... Thats all.

Who knows, he may turn out to be one of the best dogs I have ever had....I have nothing but patience. I wanted to get other's opinion as far as his health issue, because if it was a mental issue that I could not fix, then I wouldn't want to waste my time with a dog like that. I'll show you two pictures.

I'll post a BEFORE: when I first got him and then AFTER.. Almost 1 1/2 or two months later... I think I am doing damn good with im so far as far as bringing his health back...

**THE ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE THE CUT-OUT IN BLACK IS THE AFTER.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
  2. B

B CH Dog

The dog is looking a lot better. I hope you just give him some time. 8 months is very young! That pup almost has another year before he's a bulldog. It sounds like you are doing everything you should and I really think people are just trying to help out. I don't think anyone should be saying you're not doing something right because you still have the dog and are obviously taking the best care of him that he's ever seen in his short life. I really hope this works out and the best for both you and your new puppy. I had a dog that was very scared at 4 months old and with slowly working with him he has become my favorite dog and the friendliest I own. There is plenty of chance left that he'll turn out just great especially with you helping him out.

Best Regards,

B

3. Attila

Attila Guest

He looks fine. Keep us posted to his progress. He isn't as anemic looking as I had invisioned. worm him a few more times and see what comes out.

4. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

" I exposed him to all sorts of things, cars, people in the park, other dogs, and everything else. He's still scared. " - this is what made me think you may have caused harm. NO, walking through a field is fine, your statement in pernethesis led me to believe you walked the dog through downtown Denver.

No, I don't know you. I do not doubt you are doing everything you can. I also do not doubt that you were mislead or ripped off. I'de be pissed too. It's just that a lot of people make things worse unintetionally by getting a dog who is nervous and exposing them to more nerve-racking experiences. It happens all the time. I always introduce a dog into the home in a crate. I don't push the dog and I take it one step at a time. I don't even pet the dog or ask anything of it until it comes out on it's own. Is my way the right way? Nope, it works for me, but to each his own.

I mean no disrespect. I don't know you or your pup. I don't know your situation, I only took what I thought you meant into perspective. Of course, it is entirely possible that your pup is a nervous wreck from poor breeding. I don't know, just trying to help, but I'm sure since you are making progress, things will continue to get better. I hope he/she turns out to be what you want in the end. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Good to hear you are feeling better about your pup. You have to feel proud to have changed a personality from fearful of its shadow to welcoming you home. In such a short amount of time, you must have done nothing less than your best; for this, you should feel proud.

Yet (there is always one), the road ahead is still full of obstacles and unknowns. There will be times when you may feel discouraged, just remember that is part of the deal. What is part of the deal? Dealing and overcoming discouragement. Lastly, remember that all happens when the dog is ready not the human.:cool:

Regards,

RH

6. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Here is an update on this pup. He's looking and acting a lil better than he was. He's still a lil scared of out of the ordinary objects.. Lets say a basketball lying in the grass that wasn't there the day before.... Things that are not ordinarily there he's leery of.

Attached Files: