1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Garbage

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by XxKonnectionsxX, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
  2. Attila

Attila Guest

Well I am not sure. What is in the contract? What did he promise? What were the conditions to the sale? How much did you spend? Etc. What is sick about the dog? I don't expect much out of a pup right the first few days. But I will tell you this. you wouldn't get that from me. Sick dog's at 8months. Why did he still have the dog at eight months? I am thinking you got a cull to be quite honest. But I don't know who you got the dog from and I will not speculate. But depending on the conditons is what I would do about it. If I was guaranteed and good dog then I better damn well have it. Depending on what sick the dog is would also determine an action. If the thing had worms so bad it looked like those noodles on the Chinese buffet bar then I would be pissed. If it was just a case of diarea because I feed it a different kind that it was used to I would have do nothing because that would be my fault. And if the dog is just getting used to its surroundings that would also factor. But if my rabbit jumped out and it pissed all over and shit fire and ran off yipping I would take the thing back. But if I was garanteed saticfaction with the dog I better be happy to have it in my yard. If not you got nothing as promised. Not the best advice I know but I have to know more to give better. I would tell you if your getting my cull or a dog I can't seem to do shit with. I have had one of my partners turn out something I wanted to cull. And I them. It is the nature of stuff. Sometimes attitudes clash. But it really depends on what is on paper or what went down with the handshake which to me a hand shake is just the same as paper. If I promise it to you you will have it. And you can write this down if it was a cull you wouldn't be getting it. Or you wouldn't be paying for it depending on what kind of cull it is. If I thought the dog was retarded it would be worm feed. If I got ripped off that person would have to be wondering about being worm feed. and that is that.

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

The damn mutt had worms like noodles on that chinese buffet. The breeders reply was "it was time to worm him." I was like WTF... Then I told him I was gonna get rid of him. He told me that he would take him back. I told him to give me my money back and then he replied he wouldn't do that. So in other words he wanted me to give him the pup back for free. What a load of SHIT..I'm pissed, but hey a lesson learned. If I were you I would stay away from TFK. I got screwed out of a deal and I would hate for someone else to do it. Then turns out the dog has questionable ped. I learned this after I got the dog from a dogman who has dealt with this guy. So now I'm stuck with this mutt(well not really) He'll be taking a dirt nap. I've had this dog for about a month and a half and he's scared of his own shadow. Hell he ran from me the 1st day I brought him home. So that raised a RED FLAG for me. So I decided to wait him out. I exposed him to all sorts of things, cars, people in the park, other dogs, and everything else. He's still scared. I use my bitch to help him build confidence. I figured if he saw how she acted he would mimick. NO LUCK.. On a typical walk everything is fine. Then he will jsut dig his nails in the dirt out of nowhere and start to look around in a panicky state. I'm like WTF is wrong with you. He looks around like I'm not even there. I talk nice to him and try to ease him along and he just sits there refusing to go anywhere. Then he just snaps out of it like its nothing. Plus when he shits it always comes out GREEN. Trust me there is nothing green is his diet. I'm like man this shit pisses me off the more I interact with this mutt. Oh well lesson learned. Trust me I will be more cautious the next time I get a dog or at least do MORE AND MORE research on the breeder and what he has to offer in his dogs. I feel that if this dog is this way, how are the "pthers."

4. Attila

Attila Guest

Ya. that is bad news. I often expect some worms but not a load of them. Sounds like your dog has parasitic toxiemia. It causes a nervious condition that varies in levels of irratic behavior. I am sure he still has worms if it was that bad you have to hit it about 3x to get rid of them things. nasty things. The worms being that bad explain the retarded behavior. I find if they are that bad that late in life it has been that way long enough that I would expect perminant mental problems. However I would take it to a vet to confirm that. Or not. The dog is in front of you. It is the persons fault the dog is that way. And the dog once lined out internally can possibly recover and be fine. the dark shit is a sign of internal bleeding and the waste product of the worms. Maybe your on to something with the dirt nap. I would have probably done the same in your case. So I don't blame you if that was the case. Now I don't know TFK I will take note of your warning though. I don't like sour deals or when some one doesn't stand behind their dogs. I hope you get what you desire next time. Maybe get with some dog folks before you buy.

5. Well XxKonnectionsxX, you know a breeder is a BYB when they sell you their culls.

I know you want to scratch your mistake and start anew but......why not give this fella a chance once YOU have dealt with his medical problems? You shouldn't expect a puppy that has obviously been under-treated to be as "normal" as one that came from a good kennel? The dog is only 8 months and has endured a bad life (apparently). Before trying to teach it all at once, treat things according to severity. Treat the worms and other parasites first, then go into helping him gain his confidence. Hey, you may find a bulldog afterall. And what is best of all, you made it happen. Don't you think that would be a more satisfying feeling?

I understand you feel cheated by this ByB but give the dog a chance is all I am saying.

Regards,

RH

6. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I agree with Rocky. Your attitude towards the pup is probably negative to begin with ( because you were ripped off ). You should not have exposed it to all kinds of frightening new stimuli if the dog wasen't even comfortable with YOU. You made things worse. You can't take an already fearful dog and expect it to come around by throwing it into a war zone. He's yours now, so do what you're going to do. It's not the dogs fault of course.

If your dog was flown to you or driven, whatever, you should have been sensative to it's adjusting to a new world. I think you aren't giving this dog a chance and you are blinded by anger because you feel cheated. I'de try a little harder to cut the pup some slack.

7. B

B CH Dog

It isn't the dogs fault it was obviously neglected its entire life. I can imagine the dog has a hard time trusting anyone. I think you should worm the dog with some Drontal+ in several two week cycles and then take a fecal exam into your vet. Give the dog attention and time to build up its confidence of you. Don't let the dog around your bitch because the dog will start to use your other dog as a crutch. I had some shy ones before and keeping them together was the worst thing possible. Spend lots of time with the dog by itself and you should be able to get this pup healthy. Regardless, the people that sold this dog are bad news and I would do my best to warn others. Don't blame the dog for being born into a horrible situation. Give it a chance before you make that "ultimate" decision.

Kind Regards,

B

8. game_test

game_test Top Dog

totally agree. give the thing at least one chance in life man,, you obviously sound frustrated but like B said worm him and give it some time. let him get used to you and the new surroundings then try new things with him.

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

LOL...If it was that sick when you got it you should have noticed and asked for verificaton of shots and ther records...If he isnt willing to give money back tell him to give you a different dog if it dies...or has something unrepairable happen from teh sickness...and if its scared of its shadow ar 18mos then Id be pretty pissed and would not do business with that Honest Dogman ever again...We all learn somehow....from our mistakes...

10. [. to me a hand shake is just the same as paper. If I promise it to you you will have it. And you can write this down if it was a cull you wouldn't be getting it. Or you wouldn't be paying for it depending on what kind of cull it is. .[/QUOTE]
    and this my friends is the mark of not only a good fair and honest person,but a honest true dogman who doesnt make a living off of his dogs.

1 person likes this.
  11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'm sorry you got screwed, and understand your trying to warn others and vent, but its forum policy to not allow discussion badmouthing people who cannot defend themselves. Either invite TFK to the board to allow him the chance to defend himself, or better yet, just continue taking it up as it is (a private matter).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.