1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Garners Ceasar

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Grabo86, Oct 16, 2013.

1. old goat

old goat CH Dog

what was the change difference in styles from tg dogs and your art dogs ? i really did'nt have trouble keeping mine . you just had to know what you were doing . did you even see duhon dogs ? i liked them dogs quit a bit .

2. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Well, the main difference between the two I've seen is sheer athleticism in my Chinaman hounds. They are physical freaks of nature and perfectly conformed. Very physically sound bulldogs. And the ones I have have a lot more wind than my Art dogs did. And I haven't came across as many excite biters. I've had one or two Chinaman excite biters...the ones that are are very heavy Chinaman... 60% or better. As far as Duhons dogs go I haven't had hands on with them. I rarely do have hands on with other lines of Boomerang. It's a sin around here lol. But he had some good ones...bred nice from good Sorrells stock. Lloyd's Gator and Pistol Pete were fine Bulldogs.

3. The best chinaman frisco shit is on the west coast fuck that fake shit!

4. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

I wouldn't say that...I have dogs from the west coast...and Mexico as well bull dog hill. I've found bad asses from all 3 places.

5. old goat

old goat CH Dog

tg dogs have athleticism but so did the art dogs i've seen and had and they where long winded . they where know to go 3 hours . now i like that body on chinaman long and thin . what was your art dogs body like were they nice and think ?

6. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Yea my Chinaman dogs are more lean...I prefer their body type for sure. Art dogs can hang no doubt though. I won't ever argue that....I had some good ones. But in my experience...the Chinaman dogs I have can go harder longer. I think that lean long body helps with that. As a bulkier dog uses up more oxygen trying to feed those thicker muscles. If you compare athleticism between Chinaman and Art themselves...chinaman himself wins that. I mean he himself was a freak. Art wasn't a freak...he was talented bulldog that used other attributes. He had ability and mouth.

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

art was a freak and the bodies i've seen and had are long and learn to . and i can tell you this chinaman dogs don't go as hard as art dogs and art dogs are known to stay the long haul. art dogs destroy what they get . there are some that are'nt so iron trap but most you better be ready . really i've never seen a thick art dog . maybe big but not thick . art dogs usually are straight forward no non sense dogs . and they did'nt care about hiding anything they was just i got you and you mine type of dogs .

8. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Please Check PM!!!!!

9. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

How many and how long have you been running Chinaman stock? Cause i ll tell you this i saw Frisco sons/ daughters as well as his early famous sons offspring and the best knock was the lack of wind and over all shyness with in the line alot took after Frisco in the shy dept. Chinaman hounds were never known to be long winded dogs, another problem was if it was nt over early well you were left shaking your head lol . Now when Hollands Hap went to bulldog hill the wind seemed to get better but ole Hap never showed up in a ped during that time. I ve seen alot of Chinaman dogs , got some on the yard crossed. Also noticed the tighter it is their wind tend s to really suck and the shyness pops right back up. Yis Ole Man

10. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Well man, I have owned them both. That's just my out take on it. I've seen thick Art dogs...I've seen big Art dogs. it just depends on the breeding and if they were crossed at all with anything....however mine were not "thick". Just not as lean and sleek as my Chinaman dogs. I do agree they are no nonsense type bulldogs and straight forward for the most part...however I seen them be patient and tire competition out to because the can hang in for the long hall. I think his longest was 1:20. I can also say this...Heavy Chinaman or Heavy Frisco or Heavy Spike...or cross them up...doesn't matter...I do not own a single shy dog. They are all buck as hell 24/7. I don't consider Art a "Freak" of nature. I consider Art, like you said...no nonsense that had ability..mouth and raw talent that also knew when to pace himself. But a physical freak of nature...I don't see it. I honestly think Hurt was a better looking hound than Art was. Art is one of the best and I ran his blood for years and was proud to do so. I still may again someday to because I got two cousins that have my Art dogs now. I gave them a pup or two about 4-5yrs ago just incase I ever wanted to circle back. But right now I'm gonna continue with my Chinaman hounds..I like what I got and I like what I'm seeing. Hell I may may a wild cross oneday to see what happens..who knows lol. Chinaman/Art blood...sounds pretty damn bad ass to me lol.

11. Grabo86

Grabo86 Big Dog

Isnt Garners Haystack also a Chinaman dog? Because hes a pretty thick dog and is also producing lot of thick short legged dogs that look a bit like Staffordshire Bullterriers. Dont look like Chinaman-dogs at all.

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I like haystacks if I ever got one from TG he be my pick..JMO though.

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Maybe someone thats owned somethin off him could chime in.I have only saw pics of him and those dont always tell the whole truth.But he isnt pure Chinaman he has some Alligator in him to.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Yea OG is right on about Koehlers Bull after Bert got him he centered his family around Bull from then on..He was a very special dog,once in a lifetime type.He would also eat one .

15. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Yes, bama is right...he's got some Alligator in there. And he is more thick and produces a little more thick in most cases. He is a fine Bulldog. Bull was special Bama, we know that today after what all has been produced by him. I was saying...at that time I would have had to see what Bert seen to build my yard around him. When I got back into these dogs...and decided to go Chinaman...it was just because I "loved" Chinaman and wanted to run that line and nothing else. I had a open mind to all lines and was looking for a Foundation Bulldog. I looked at line after line...bull dog after bull dog...ped after ped and so on. Well, I ran up on this Chinaman bull dog that had everything I liked. He came from good stock..producers and proven bulldogs as well as winners. I considered all this long and hard, compared to all the other lines I've came across on my search. I also compared to great dogs I've had...or my family's had and produced. I was partial to Eli/Carver dogs...and wanted a Henry "type" bulldog. Well...out of all I seen. He was where it was at for me. He seemed to have most everything I wanted and lacking very little. He's very much a Chinaman throwback. And those who have seen him in person...including family who's opinion I hold very high say he's a damn good one. As far as saying they lack wind when bred tight? His wrights coefficient is about 60% in 5 generation. So he's pretty tight. But the sucker is not lacking at all in wind. Believe me when I tell you that. His chest is designed and built for wind. Like I said...physically...him and Chinaman are damn near physical clones. And we all know Chinaman himself didn't lack wind at all. Based on study he had the lungs of a grey hound and double the fast twitch muscle. Not to say my foundation bulldog is like that by any means...hell no study has been done like it was on Chinaman. But he isn't lacking either..that's for sure. And he's not shy at all. It's damn near annoying how forward he his. He's up my ass aswell as anyone else you comes over 24/7. He's the only one of my hounds that stay in the house for that reason as he would be easy to steal. So he stays in. So far so good on the shy department. Even pups heavy Frisco aren't shy. Atleast the ones I own. As far as ones I've produced I have had some say the pup was shy initially but soon wore off. Maybe it's the breeding I'm making I dunno. But shy is not a trait I desire. So I steer around it. Of course I'm early into my program...only a few years with these hounds and anything can show its face sooner or later. But so far so good. Crosses I've got are, Chinaman/Little Gator...Chinaman/Alligator...Frisco/Cottingham. And one heavy Friso pup off Ceaser. I'm looking at Kemo hard though. He is impressive.

16. Zylonist

Zylonist Big Dog

My avatar is kemo pup female. Ur rt about kemo, the dog is built like a locomotive. Huge head, kind of guy you would want at a bar fight :) don't think you can go wrong with a Cesar pup, good looking hound

17. TennesseeGame

TennesseeGame Big Dog

Yea dude...I'm sold on Kemo...that's a good analogy lol. Your 100% correct man lol

18. smt232

smt232 Pup

Hey Zylonist, can you put up a couple of pictures of your pup?

19. Zylonist

Zylonist Big Dog

^^ no problem when I get home ill post some, it's tough to get some damn pics of her, when she's on the ground she doesn't sit still

20. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Actually posted something similar or the "Breeders" topic. When I seen the Frisco dogs years ago and Frisco himself, he would litterally piss in his spot he was so shy. He had mouth but a lot of the dogs off him at that time would do the same. A family member bought 8 off Frisco that day and all 8 off different parents, different ages were the same, shy dogs, not screaming spooky dogs but just shy and would piss every time you pet them, but had mouth of hell and he bred them and had success for 10 years he would get hard biters who would wind out and sometimes walk away on top. He crossed to Bolio, Jeep & also Sorrells blood from Bert and got wind, athletic ability and heart in there... even now years later his frisco blood is still there but he keeps it between a quarter to half at the most.. bc he says when he breeds it tighter he gets the pissin shy dogs back..