1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Garner's price jump ???

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ROUGH DIAMOND, May 25, 2011.

1. old goat

old goat CH Dog

he's put out some good dogs . but there's more that did'nt make it than did . if you want quality . you will have to pay for it . but what quality does a bullie have ? they get the bucks for a dog that will sit around and raise your feed bill .

2. maydaymatt

maydaymatt Big Dog

wow thats is funny shit." i bought this dog from t.g. and i named my kennel after the sire of my dog even though i dont know if hes worth reproducing but show me the $$$"those are the people who need to take a long jump off a short bridge

3. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Amen Old Goat if you want quality you will have to pay up Regardless of how many litters TG has a year I would rather buy from him than just some random person the man has quality animals. Can you find cheaper sure doesn't mean you will get the same consistency and quality you would get from a man who has been breeding proven bulldogs for a very long time . Just my 2 cents ...

4. elifan

elifan Big Dog

I think most of his dog's go to people who just think it's cool to have a dog off garner and all thier dog's does is lay around on thier couch and don't do shit with them and your right about those bully bred bull shit dog's also black heart kennels has game dog's for sale for 4,000 thats a far cry from 1,500 hundred

5. olrts

olrts Banned

And how many dogs as example from the Golden Dick dog frisco was not Matchdog Quality?

Sure Tom Garner has bred good Dogs, but look at the percentage, 55 Litters in 2011 and how much dogs from this have the quality to be game checked?

Its all just Fame about Chinaman and dogs Garner bought from real Dogmen, maybe solid bulldogs but for me nothing Special.

Typical Peddler nothing more.

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Ok but seriously how many people out there are breeding dogs off other peoples work and peddling them and have never proven or worked a dog a day in their lives. Tom Garner at least has done something with the dogs he has bred. Guys it's illegal to game test dogs Tom Garner has an open yard and sells dogs to the General Public which means he would have to be an idiot to go around selling dogs off modern day proven stock to anyone who wanted one. I have seen some of his dogs over seas still kicking he has good dogs and those good ones are hopefully with people who should have them who are actually going to work them and put them to use the pets he breeds go to pet homes which is what most people have now anyway pets lol.

7. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

$900, $1200, too expensive? Hahahaha that's some funny shit! Don't call me for any pups, mine aren't as cheap as TGs!

8. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

TG isn't a typical peddler. he is king of the peddlers.

david63 likes this.
  9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Hell I paid 1,000 for a nicely bred pet off two Ch I do not regret the money I spent. TG is not the only guy out there charging those kind of prices for pups they all piss and shit when they are pups anyway not much you can tell about a pup but the blood behind the dogs he breeds has been proven and has a solid foundation which any pet should come from better than getting some ill bred mutt that wasn't bred to be like his ancestors.

10. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Well now I agree with that he def markets his name well lol

11. olrts

olrts Banned

Thats the Problem 55 Liters in 2011 and maybe earned with the litter over 1 Million Bucks, and so much litters and a open Yard is the excuse for unproven stock?
    Otherwise this thread is named as Garners Price Jump not as Peddlers Price Jump, so we talk about garner and not other peddlers.

I dont have a problem to keep a Cur or a cold bulldog as pet, but Game Dogs are for the Game and not the Fame!

So test your Stock, and dont make millions of money with the Dogs.

From a Tom garner with a small yard and Proven stock i would feed a dog without any doubts, from a Peddlehill Tom garner i dont want a "Game Dog" from him as gift.

Just Simple

12. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

Good luck to him, hahaha. If he's producing good quality bulldogs then his prices aren't, or shouldn't be an issue. Any pup is worth exactly what it's breeder wants to part with it. I look at many peds of USA dogs, working and not, and TGs dogs sure do appear in s lot of the working dogs. He must be doing something right hey? peddler?, most likely so. king of peddlers? That probably makes his day to hear that.

13. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Hey I agree with that you should look at what you breed I don't breed dogs I just enjoy them but I can look at several famous dogs throughout history who were bred out the ass and produced well because of how many times they were bred. I am just saying if you think his prices are too high and his dogs are not worth it don't buy them or complain about it his dogs he an charge a billion dollars for one if he chooses and I do not own dogs from him either but I give him credit for what he's done for the dogs through out his career in the game.

14. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

Oh, by the way, there's no TG dogs on my yard, nor are any wanted. 55 litters in a year is ridiculous. Far beyond peddling. But obviously he has a good corner of the 'market (hahaha)', and doesn't need me to buy any from him.

15. olrts

olrts Banned

What i want to say is, 1200 -1500 USD is not too much for a Dog of proven stock, but too much for a dog from TG.

16. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Lol olrts ... I just laugh at these garner threads there seems to be one complaining about him once a month the guy is always getting hammered I guess that is what happens when you become king of all peddlers lol.

17. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

Maybe not. I'll stick to breeding my own. They seem to do ok.

18. olrts

olrts Banned

i would never peddle, all of my dogs went to friends as gift

i wrote it in another post, for me these dogs are for game, not for fame and money

19. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Big Dog

I look at it like this, the Frisco family is one of the most compatible family of dogs around and work well inbred, crossed or linebred. This will bring many people to the line to either breed for papers or to actually try it out. Quality obviously drops when bred for papers as you are not looking at what you are breeding and do not know what to breed for. Not everyone who gets dogs from tom tests their dogs so you get out of em what you put in. The ones who do in my experience with em and seeing are good %'s depending on the stud dogs. This will result in people hating the frisco line either because they bred for papers and ended up getting garbage, running into one and getting there feelings hurt or choosing a poor producing stud dog from the line. Most usually just get their feelings hurt.

As for price, don't care. Either go somewhere else or pay it. Other good lines out there aswell as guys selling cheaper within the frisco lines off great dogs that came from tom that are producing.

Frisco line has got to be the current most hated line but I don't see em losing often. Gross dogs

20. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

Oirts, of course they are for fame, hand in hand with the game. Who wouldn't want to be remembered well for their dogs? You're right it shouldn't be all about $, but $ has an important spot in the picture too. You would never peddle? Gave your dogs to friends? No worries . Didn't sell even 1? Would that have been peddling ? I suppose the many who wanted to buy them were sadly disappointed. TG wouldn't be raising his prices if the demand for his product wasn't strong. Not defending him in particular, but I sell dogs too. Some of what you say makes it sound like all selling of dogs is a bad thing, from tested stock or not. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you?