1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by rocco, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocco

rocco Big Dog

There is going to be a nation wide "gas out" on May 15 so everybody fill up before or after, this brought prices down by 30 a gallon cents last year and cost the gas companies almost 3 billion dollars. It's our turn to hit them where it hurts!

Any of you guys hear about this, saw it on another site I'm on.

2. Fedor23

Fedor23 Big Dog

Im up for it.[​IMG]

3. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

What do you mean 30 a gallon cents?:confused: and what's a "gas out". Me no speaka

4. Roach

Roach Big Dog

I am sure that Rocco meant .30 a gallon, and a gas out, they are referring to no one buying gas on the 15th...

Roach

5. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Thats cool. In ATL it is anywhere from 2.89 - 3.00 a gallon. I am so glad I got rid of my SUV

Edit: I should have said that 2.89 - 3.00 is for reg and 3.09 - 3.29 for premium.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007
  6. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

If everyone buys gas the day before and the day after, how are they losing money? Won't they just make up those profits lost from that one day from the other two?

7. Fedor23

Fedor23 Big Dog

Up here in California it 3.44 for premium. And I ride a 740 BMW spent about 60-80 dollars on gas every 4 days.

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

It is making a statement. What would work better would be to not buy gas from a certain company till the price dropped to say $1.25 a gallon, then buy from then and the others would have to follow suit, but I doubt that happens.

I am in.

9. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

You do not have to fill up. Just try to have enough gas to get you past the 15th.

10. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

It may just turn out that I won't have to buy gas that day, but one day is hardly making a statement to their pocket books. Multi-billionaires are not gonna miss a days worth of pay when they're moving right along to being trillionaires. Think about all the wealthy people in the world like Doctors, Lawyers, company Presidents, CEOs' who could care less if gas went up to $5/gallon. It would be a huge statement if people stuck together but you got people like me out here who just can't see the whole uniting thing happening. This country has been based off of division since it was founded.

Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division is the process of the world.

11. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Your right. So dont do nothing.

12. WWII

WWII Banned

Yep. Boycotting 1 day is just gonna move the day that you fill up. So they may not be getting their money on May 15, which is just chump change in the scheme of things, but they will get it soon enough. The only real way to bring gas prices down is decreasing the demand of it. Which means that just riding a bike or taking public transportation 1 day/week will have a much bigger impact than not filling up on just one day. I would gladly ride my bike to work if I could. But it's a 20mi drive on the highway. Luckily I live in walking distance to anything I need. Grocery stores, restaurants, hardware stores, etc. Basically the only driving I do is to work.

13. Roach

Roach Big Dog

3.24 for 87 octane burbs of Chicago

14. WWII

WWII Banned

We got down to 3.08 for unleaded & 3.28 for premium in NE IN

15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

While we're not doing anything, lets just let the humaniacs and politicians take our dogs from us, cause hey, what good would raising our little voices do? And when they come to take the guns, no sense fighting. Hey, when they want to come and limit you on how many children you can have, no sense figthting there either. Tell me to leave Jesus in the church, hey, why not!
    That is just flat out stupid! I for one have been around my dogs too long to lay down like a curr and not do anything. I do not have a defeatist attitude, cause I am a conqueror! So if you dont want to do anything, fine, just get out of the way for folks who will do something, anything, to try and change things. You say, "man, that is stupid, it wont do anything", well I hope and pray you see the day that you have to eat that line of thinking cause that is exactly what has gotton us into the shape we are in now!
    Pick up your weapon and lead, follow, or get out of the way!

16. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

the major problem is lazyness. i ride 2 miles to my first job then another 2 for my second job then 1.5 back home. all on bike i safe money on car payments, insurence, and gas, maitness 2 .in addition its a hell of a work out in cali heat know. on sunday i do all my chores, which i run on APBT, they pull me for an hour while i am sitting down on my bike then A BREAK then again with the go around the valley(note: now useing still waters kennels pulling harnesses. thx again.) which is a money saver and a very good work out (me = 190 lb).

edit: ppl are getting lazy and use the car for going around the corner, and using hummers which is around $160 to fill up the 2 tanks i believe which to really harm them we all need to quit cars for a month or so if we can then they would feel some pressure of the money. most rich ppl are greety so by then they'll come out with some bargin.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2007
  17. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

They say that boycotting a certain chain would be more effective than boycotting a certain day. Myself, I don't see how since the other chains would simply view it as one less competitor. If the place I worked at was typical, then most of those places aren't making their money at the pump, but in their convenience stores, car washes and auto shops.

18. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

I think you were sleepy when you made this post, at least I hope you have an excuse because you're not making any relevant comparison. Gas prices is something that we can't control versus dog laws which the people have a voice in. The shape we're in now has always been the same. The economy is always gonna be rising. If you find a way to lower gas prices or to have them lowered let all of us know so we may be of any assistance but boycotting is ridiculous. We could boycott a whole year but those who control the gas industry will still be wealthy. I'm sure they have money stashed in many places.

19. Attila

Attila Guest

you want to hit them ride a bike from now on. Don't buy if you do buy from them arab owned companies. Make clear and use only enough gasoline to give it the smell the govt likes. If you're going to hit them hit them hard. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

By the way my Harley runs damn good on clear. so does my tractor and my antique cars and trucks.

20. rocco

rocco Big Dog

Yeah , possibility they may not feel it one day. But if the rest of the country is ready to do it one day I'm all for it that day and another day until they do feel the loss of that chump change. The tank in my truck will take me pass the 14 15 and 16.

I'm doin it. Gotta start somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.