1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gettin' rid of the human children, the little one was off to buy a dog.....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Hoyden, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I am STILL Laughing my butt off....

I'm putting both of the girls on a flight to Florida at zero dark thirty on Saturday morning. Going down to see Grandma for a week at Disney, Universal Studios and the Gremlin's 5th birthday at Universal studios.

The kids are excited, they're still packing. I'm looking forwad to a week of no kids to finish my shopping.

Dog are excited because no kid - we take them out on really long walks and hikes with the travious, so I can be dragged back if neccessary. I think they like dragging me back.

THEN I NOTICE the Gremlin's luggage.......

HMMMM, that suitcase looks weird. Let's go look. It's a Dog crate in a duffel that she is desparately attempting to make sure she brings. She is packing her clothes in a small dog crate. Ooooooooooookay?

HHMMMMM this generates some additional thoughts... She has bags, why the crate, what does she plan on bringing back with her. So I start asking questions.

Finally it comes out. Apparently, she this great idea that she is going to convince Gram to take her to see Fifty (the Watcher) on her Birthday (December 21st) for a puppy and she's going to give him $50 cause that is what his name means, and that's what he charges. She is going to pick her OWN pit bull puppy. And because it's a Yule/Birthday gift, it's sacred and can't be taken away. (Mikel had offered Gremlin a puppy earlier this year and my husband veto-ed it.)

I asked how are she and Gram going to get there. Gremlin said that Gram just has to go on his website and get his address and call him.

I told Gremlin that it costs money to fly dogs because they have to have shots and a health certificates, she gets out her leather money pouch and dumps it out. She has $80 in Birthday money and at least $125 in gold dollar coins!!! She's been hoarding dollar coins all year, now I know why.

So the little sneak was planning to go running all over Florida and get her OWN puppy.

I don't know whether to be proud of her for being smart, thinking things through, making long and short term plans and trying to convince Grandma to do it, or to choke her.

I would have had a heart attack if she managed to pull that off and there was a pit bull puppy at the baggage return.

2. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Omg, thats priceless! I'd be more proud than pissed, lol. Why didn't I ever think of that when I was younger? :p

3. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Wow! LOL Um...thats smart! Man if my boy thought all that up I might have to get him one =p but I wouldn't let em go through the whole bringin em back from another state and whatnot but dang! lol

4. Attila

Attila Guest

a few years ago this old lady had a dog in this mesh type crate that sat in her lap. I don't think she had to pay any extra as it was part of her baggage. Now if Fifty will hook the kid up I think it is just reward for the well thought out plan. And if the husband says no to her when she returns with one and breaks her little heart someone would have to toss ants up his skirt. I love that kids drive. I was just like that. God bless that child for she is perfect.

5. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

That's to funny! She's one smart little Gremlin. She knows what she wants and knows how to get it huh

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

That's hilarious! You should be so proud. :D However, is Fifty properly prepared for a visit from the Gremlin? :cool:

7. diva

diva CH Dog

LOL....I love it! That is too funny.

8. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

Tehehehe...Thats so cute! You got a very intellegent child!:)

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

BWAHAHAHAHA!! Toss ants up his skirt! Good one! [​IMG]

10. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I've made my husband kilts for Celtic Festivals and Ren Faires.

[​IMG]
    He loves it when I post pictures of him in a skirt online. Moreso when I had to "share" with the guys he works with.

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

ROTF! Your kid is the best! I still get a chuckle over the whitebred thing. I say she deserves her own puppy if she can save up money and come up with complicated plans at her age. :)

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lol. Just think about what you'll be in for when she's a teenager & she's got boys on her mind instead of dogs! If she is coming up w/ these complicated plans to get a puppy, you'll REALLY have to look out when she has her mind set on a boy! Your husband will wish he'd let her get the puppy!

And what is the white bread thing? I must have missed it. :confused:

13. Attila

Attila Guest

There is that picture. Now every one can see where I came up with tossing ants up his skirt.

I like the boots. Do you brain tan your hides? Much of what the Magyar wore was silk and felt. similar to the Mongols and Turks or something in between I should say. I have train some of the SCA folks on horse bowman and use of ancient weapon use. It is a passion of mine. I still hunt with my Magyar bow and long bows today. I better shut up now before I get all worked up and write a book.

14. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I got them from Sivermane for less than $50. I don't know how to tan my own hides yet, I haven't found anyone to teach me.

My oldest daughter is deadly with and english long bow. She and my husband shoot in the back yard and at the range once in awhile. I'm a little leary of the range because last time I brought her, we were shooting at moving targets and this guy kept hounding her about shooting with some team or another. He really gave me the creeps, my gut told me to stay the hell away from him.

I saw a beautiful Mongolian Horse bow this year at the Faire. The man who owns it also rides horses and wants to put together a group of horseman, similar to a jousting troupe, but with a more Magyar or Mongolian flair and do demonstrations of shooting objects from the back of a moving horse.

15. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Uhh, I don't think boys will be a problem. Mark is down right scary.

Add in the fact that we're really involved with historical re-enactment of the middle ages, so we have all kinds of nifty weapons about. Long swords, short swords, battle axes, maces, morning stars, spiked war clubs, daggers, war hammers, cross bows AND we know how to use them.

Besides, we'll always be one step ahead of her anyhow. By then, I'll be able to put GPS on the kid.

Here is white bread post: http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16023

16. Suki

Suki Guest

geeeeeze!

after ALL that planning, I think she deserves the dog!!!!!;)

:D

...sorry, I'm one of those "soft" moms!!!

haha!!! enjoy the new pup!!!!! :) .......

17. Attila

Attila Guest

Distance may be an issue but I can teach you how to brain tan hides. Also the Horse bowmanship of the Magyar and Mongolians. I will take some photos of my bows. I have many of them I hunt with a custom made bow by an Indian friend of mine 95# bow. I practice with a 85# and horse bow with a 55# Magyar bow. I have various others too. about five english bows and many native american bows. some cross bows too. I am really into primative hunting and being closer to my heritage as a Magyar warrior. Nothing quite like taking the enemies head off with a sword or a Magyar Axe. lol. Or nailing a target full throttle on a horse while the target is also on the move. I have a 30# bow and blunts to hit human targets with in mock war. Not as fun but I suppose it is all for fun and show. To them that is. I enter into real combat in my mind. Thank God they check my gear eh? . Check the armor too. Ours was light armor. as speed was our most leathal advatage over the romans and english folks. Ya the good ole days. lol

18. Attila

Attila Guest

I remember that thread.

Mark don't look scary to me. He looks like a big ole friendly dude. Some one to sit back at a hog roast and drink big mugs of beer with.

19. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lol, I remember that comment now. That's too funny.

As for the GPS, better get one now b/c nor rain, nor snow, nor heat of day, nor threatening dad will keep two young lovers apart & w/ the intelligence & determination your gemlin has shown thus far, she could be unstoppable!! ;)

20. semo

semo Top Dog

Funny story, you should refine that kids DRIVE!