1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Getting papers for a Pit....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dznutts, Dec 1, 2004.

1. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

I don't suppose theres a way to get papers for a pit without any....Sire and Dam were both unregistered.......

2. AC

AC Big Dog

You can with a crappy registry like continental kennel club but no one takes them seriously. they will register pig for pit for 10 bucks.

3. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

That's funny......Any other hopes.....

4. wayne1967

wayne1967 Pup

Same thing with the A.A.D.R. They only register pits but like above they will register a poodle as long as you send them the money.

5. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Hey Wayne, CKC is an all breed registry. AADR does only register pits, but like all registries they take you at your word as to how the dog is bred. If you think there is'nt a ton of paper-hanging goin on in the ADBA you are sorely mistaken. Plus AADR is run by a real Dogman. Have you had bad experiences with this registry? Or with an AADR club? Because to tell you the truth, I've seen more true gamedogs at AADR functions than I have at the last 5 ADBA shows I've attended. Not trying to jump your shit, but your the first person I've heard speak so negatively about this registry.

6. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I personally dont have CKC dogs but I have seen a lot of excellent dogs with them.I do go to their weight pulls.But I agree they do register anything.

7. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

Anybody got websites?

8. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

If you are looking for the CKC website try this link http://www.ckcusa.com

I have a few registered with them and like everyone has said it is easy to register just about anything with them.

Our boy Shadow and girl Spice are both registered with them. The breeder bred 2 different registries and we had to start them with CKC but now are registered ADBA and UKC. So I guess it all worked out in the end, but a lot of hassle in between.

9. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

you can try abpr.com, not to sure how good they are. But when I spoke to ckc they told me I had to send in 3 pictures of my dog fornt, and two sides. And that had to have a vet and /or kennel check her out to sign as a witness (2) that she was pure bred and had to be no younger then 6 months. That don't sound like no BS to me.

10. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

11. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

Thanx a lot everyone.....Anybody got the AADR website....

12. SFK

SFK Top Dog

13. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

just a little fyi about the ckc. as one who lives close to where the ckc was developed (walker, la), i find it amusing that the "ckc" is actually a printing company. basically, you can order your wedding invitations and get your dog registered (for the right price that is) at the same time.. i don't trust 'em. plus, i know several people who are ruining the breed by bredding olde english bulldogge to pit bulls & registering them as apbts w the ckc in order to achieve your 110 lbs pits. what a shame......

14. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Ever seen those ADBA Eddington bred Whopper Dogs? There is a reason the ADBA stopped having a weightpull class for most weight pulled overall. Those 100# curs are wrecking the breed standard.

15. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

I would go with APBR if i were you its a good registry. I'm a member with them.

16. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

I can't say that one registry is any better than the next, because paper hanging will always exist, and you will always find dog's that don't meet the original breed standard(ie. 100lb 19 inch dogs) Good luck with whatever you choose.

17. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

Its either APBR, AADR, or ADBA..........Don't know?

18. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

with the AADR you still need to have a 4 generation pedigree on the dog .. plus you will have to have the owner of the dam sign (owner at time of breeding) if you werent the owner of her I beleive..

I participate in AADR and enjoy it alot more than the ADBA fucntions . . The only bad thing about the AADR is they are pretty slow on getting registration papers back ..slower than the ADBA!

As for the dogs that are being shown, it really depends on the people in your area and what they are bringing. For years ADBA was the big show around here..now more and more people (dogmen and dogwomen) seem to be attending the AADR shows ..

as for the CKC ..the CKC was the mainstay registry of puppy mills backyard breeders and others who were banned from registering their pups through AKC, UKC, etc

If you were to go to the pet store in the 1980's /1990's more than 1/2 the pups you would find were mostly CKC registered and were 9 times out of 10 below breed standard, had genetic defects, etc. Nowadays I hear the CKC is trying to redeem itself I have seen some nice looking dogs registered CKC

But over all, it isnt the registry that makes the dog! Its the breeder ..there are bad breeders in any registry. Not too many registries require picutres of litters born..they take the breeders word that this female was bred to that male. ITs basically an honr system and far too many people take advantage and breed for the almighty dollar instead of truely producing good dogs.

19. wayne1967

wayne1967 Pup

If your in to papers it's because of the pedigree, right. If your going to get papers for your unregistered dog without that, why. Does it make him worth more? If you want to go ahead thats up to you. One of my best dogs never had papers.

20. wayne1967

wayne1967 Pup

They must have changed there policy in the last 4yrs.