1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Getting ready for April

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by MASON, Feb 3, 2007.

1. MASON

MASON Big Dog

I finally got Cutty to work the treadmill after 50 days of continuos practice and I couldn't have asked for better timing because its cold as hell outside. Now I can really combine all workouts to get the most out of conditioning and getting ready for April. Check these out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bahamutt99 likes this.
  2. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

looks good, do you have a harness on him or is the chain on his neck?
    also, is that a Grand Mill?

3. MASON

MASON Big Dog

Thanks. He has a harness but you probably can't tell by the angle of the pic and yes it's a Grandmill that I bought in Dec.

4. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

those Grand mills are nice.
    I see you like to fish....

5. MASON

MASON Big Dog

:D :D Aside from working dogs, fishing is my favorite pastime. I normally fish saltwater for Striper, Flounder, Craoker and whatever else hits the pole.

6. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Looking real good man. What kind of mill is that? It looks real compact and on the ground? Somethin I really need. I don't have the room for a large mill and I don't want to keep it outside rather in the garage. Great job with the dog, though.

7. Breogan

Breogan Big Dog

How do you like the Grand Mill so far? I ordered one and it should be here in a day or two, so I was just curious as to what you thought about it. The dog looks good by the way should look excellent by april.

8. Breogan

Breogan Big Dog

The mill is a Grand Carpet Mill. This is their site http://grandcarpetmill.com/ Heard good things about em and the price is pretty good

9. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Damn.. now I'm gonna have to get one jeez! Thanks for posting this thread Mason now your breakin my pocket! lol. Naw but 320+ S/H is not TOO bad.. just thought I'd never spend that much on equipment.

Has anyone here ever made a mill?

The Watcher likes this.
  10. Attila

Attila Guest

fine looking dog there Mason. I am into fishing as well.

11. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

ive been looking at getting one of those grand carpet mills myself, but i heard that there more for building muscle than wind. does anyone have any input in this?

12. Attila

Attila Guest

Indurance, toning and conditioning. It will build lean muscle. not bulky.

13. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

thanks for the response i think im gonna have to get me one, has anyone ever had a dog that absolutly would not get on the mill?

14. MASON

MASON Big Dog

Thanks guys for the comps. It took a while for him to get used to it but once he did I was happy and could tell the difference. I am pleased with the product so far and if you have the money then its not a bad investment. I noticed that spraying the bottom of the belt with silicone or belt spray makes a huge difference, as the belt spins more freely.

15. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

thansk for the heads up with the silicone idea. you have a beaut of a dog by the way im a sucker for red nose.

16. Good looking dog!

17. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

i build mills...it is maybe the free-est turning carpet mill out there...one hand pull will get better than 2 and 1/2 rotations new...after 30-40 minutes of run time...the same pull will get 3-plus rotations....very free, very quiet and very smooth...picked up in NC...$280....

i am thinking of making photos as i build the next one and providing written instructions...then selling them as plans...not sure how it will go over...if interedsted in a mill...drop me a line....scott