1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Giardia

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MOOT44, Nov 7, 2008.

1. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Wasn't referring to Maty's post, just Google.;) Not everything you read in print is true.

2. Angels8

Angels8 Pup

We just had a week long bout of the hershey 4-squirts and the Doc thought it was Giardia, btu couldn't find it. Turns out it was the food I was feeding - Purina ONE. We swapped out foods and it cleared up in about a day. in the mean time I gave her half a tab of Pepto to help with the squirtage. I was at Walgreens buying the pepto and a lady infront of me was buying a bag of ONE and the register would not let them ring it up. The manager said a bad batch went out but they (purina) would not recall it due to teh crazy scares so Wal-greens just stopped selling it. Could be coincidence or rumor but Toshka's butt doesnt leak now.

3. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

Well, thanks for all the responses. We've had 3 giarda tests and a test where they send it to Michigan State University and 'grow the bacteria' in the poop. NOTHING came back from that. We've had SO MANY F*&KING tests done, it's driving me nuts.

Now the vet wants to start a SCIENCE DIET program w/ my two dogs who have this problem. I was/kind of still feeding Diamond's Naturals. Luckily, poop has been ok for the past few weeks, but we'll wait and see if it comes back:)

Andrew