1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Going to try build a slatmill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by ausapbt, Oct 2, 2009.

?

What color slats with black frame

Poll closed Oct 16, 2009.
  1. Stained gloss

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. matt black

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

hey Buck, got it from a store in australia called clark rubber,
    www.clarkrubber.com.au

cheers
    ausapbt

2. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

UPDATE

made a start on the frame today....

decided since i cant weld like most people i would use my head and think of a way to get around making the frame.

I decided to give 50mm pvc pipe a go as it is strong, very lightweight and with a small amount of bracing should do just fine. although it is plastic is is still an expensive option by the time you buy brackets and angles etc.. steel frame would work out cheaper but if you cant weld this is a viable option.

will paint it gloss black to clean it up once i finish attaching all the brackets and so on...

ausapbt

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. pa2bull

pa2bull Pup

I think the PVC. Will have strength issues.
    Dogs are already runs vibration. Make it not work well.
    Section captioned Cup ย structure is strong and accurate.

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

thanks for the link! Cheers., i got some info I'll send on but ,I'm not on my computer today, on my buddies:rolleyes:

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

i need (2) 15'' strips of this:
    [​IMG]

6. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

i hope it works but if any issues i have another frame plan ready to go so all good

7. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

If the PVC doesnt work out try the slotted angle iron that way even if you cant weld you can bolt it together .

8. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

Update

pvc not up to the task so back to aluminuim frame

9. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

trial and error can get expensive huh?

10. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

seeing the PVC there is a pick on Peds of one made out of alumn tubing...looks like it is a all bolt together fence frame....I asked the guy how it work said great and very sturdy just very loud bc of the metal frame and metal rollers....

11. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

it ads up thats for sure, its all good as i would rather blow some coin making mistakes and learning than buying one of the shelf. at the end once ive mastered it i can build myself as many as i want

i could have made it work but it required alot of bracing. at the end of it its me being abit fussy as i want it to look clean and not have crap bolted all over it.

the only noisy thing is my roller bed but some grease should help i hope :confused:

12. widerange

widerange Big Dog

what type of roller bed did you go with? do you have any pictures of them to post? i have my own slatmill project going on and have been keeping up w this thread. good luck with your own.

13. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

post #30 on page 2 has a pic of the rollers

14. widerange

widerange Big Dog

sorry some how i over looked that. just wondering why not wood for the frame?

15. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

Thats my number 3 option if the aluminum frame doesn't turn out which i cant see happening

16. widerange

widerange Big Dog

i have been wondering if you had thought of that. thanks for the post and keeing us updated on how its going.

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i appreciate being let in on the process. i been watchin

18. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

UPDATE:
    decided i wanted a clean welded finish so bit the bullet and sketched up some plans for a fabricator i found locally to make the frame from scratch for me,
    hopfully the cost isnt huge but at $90 per hour for his services im allowing at least $300 for my frame... on the plus at least it will be perfect..

heres the plans for those who are interested in doing the same

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. widerange

widerange Big Dog

one of the pictures didnt come up but thanks for the frame lay out

20. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

nah its just the layout i attached, the bmp file is the frame you can see on your screen