1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Good Books - Please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by olddog, Jun 12, 2015.

1. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Any body got any suggestions on good books to buy and anyplace selling at discount/sale? Got :
    Brown - History of the Pit Bull terrier
    Williams - Braveheart
    Stratton - all of them
    Faron - The Complete Game Dog
    Hall - Both books
    Hihath - Pit Dog Savior (junk)
    Assorted magazines (Sporting Dog Journal and ADBA Journal + a few others)
    Colby - American Pit Bull Terrier
    Lots of Other Pit Bull books not worth mentioning
    Need decent books to buy and read - will be laid up for a while. Good site/people to buy from. (Anything over $125.00 probably to expensive)

Olddog

2. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Looking at :
    Remasters of History - Williams
    Courage - Stratton/Williams
    The American Pit Bull Terrier Scrapbook - Williams
    American Patriot - Williams

Any thoughts on these?

Olddog

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I enjoyed reading Bob Stevens book. Dogs of velvet and steel.

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Swamp's book
    Rudy's books

5. phoenix walk

phoenix walk Big Dog

hava a look on amazon .com . they have a trade in option , might be worth a look, there is a signed copy of dogs of velvet and steel on there for $200

6. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

You can get it from the Steve himself for $45.00.

7. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Yeah, I loaned that book to my brother about 20 years ago and never got it back !!!
    How can I get a hold of Swamp's and Rudy's books ... any web sites or addresses (PM me)
    Also Bob's book direct from him - address please (PM again).
    I'm really going nuts having to be off my feet the next couple of weeks or so !!!

Olddog

8. AGK

I was going to say the same thing. The only difference is the new one is really 2 books in one and is paperback and the one on amazon is more than likely a hard bound copy and is only just the second part of the newer version. You don't get the story he had to go through legally with that book in the older book. Unless your a collector I would go with the current book.

9. AGK

10. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Trying to get through to him. Cannot click on his links to purchase books. Any ideas?

Olddog

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
  11. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

It's working for me Olddog

12. olddog

olddog Big Dog

When I click on link to try to buy a book it says page no longer available - you getting something different ???

Olddog

13. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Going to go ahead and get the Bob Stevens new/old book. Can anyone tell me about the Jack Kelly books? (Fifty Years with the American Pit Bull Terrier, Bloodlines Vol. 2, The First Yearbook 1972 - 1983)

Olddog

14. olddog

olddog Big Dog

His E-mail isn't working neither are any of his book links - is he out of business ?

Olddog

15. AGK

I just googled swamp dwellers book and seen they had it with all the videos and mags. I didn't check anything else. Several hits come up if you google the book. Probably should have checked that before posting it. My bad..

16. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Rudy's site:
    http:://scratchbackmagazine.com/books/

Swamps info:
    SEND A POSTAL MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO:

SHARON MOORE c/o Bloodbond Kennels
    P.O. Box 2207
    Harvey
    LA 70059 USA

$55 USA, $70 Canada & Mexico, $80 in other countries

Book is titled..."Todays History Makers;Tomorrows Legends".

17. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Hey, Does anyone know if Jack Kelly's book "Fifty Years With the American Pit Bull Terrier" is still available? I have his snail mail address (P.O.Box) and the city is right up the road from me . Will drop them a line , but takes a while to get there and get an answer. Does anyone have any recent info. ?

Olddog

18. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Yes I brought it from him about 5-6 months ago.

19. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

I got the books mixed up. I got Gary's book from him. I brought Mr.Kelly's book of eBay for $45.00. It's not a hard cover. Don't even know if it was a hard cover when he released them when they first came out .

20. olddog

olddog Big Dog

OK - I'm going to buy the new Bob Stevens books, also going to get Swamp's & Rudy's books That almost empty's out my piggy bank. I'd like to drive over to Jack's - about 20 min. away. Just hate to show up unannounced, but would love to talk, buy book (Fifty Years...) and get it autographed. Anyone know if he would be offended?

Olddog