1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

good start

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by dustinp87, May 3, 2006.

1. dustinp87

dustinp87 Pup

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I own the great great grandma (Mims' May) to your dog, and I had the Gunjack (aka Rut) dog on my yard for a time. Good luck with that dog, always wondered what KPK bred that dog too...
    BB

3. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I can see that your dog was well bred. You have a lot of choices when you breed her due to the diversity of her ped. Do you call her a Mims dog? Im not really up on the Mims stuff. I know hes called Mimsamucil (take it how u want to, I didnt make it up) by some people that think hes a peddler.I thought that was funny.

Do you have access to any of her brothers? I'd stick em together and take the best female out that litter if I were you. YIS

4. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I disagree about breeding her to her brother. She is somewhat of a scatterbred dog, being that Rut is a Redboy/Snooty/King Soloman dog whom was bred to a CH Bullet/Redboy/Jocko dog and the Lillington dog is a Redboy/Jocko/Buck bred dog and the Rambo dog is a Redboy/Snooty/King Soloman dog and the Bell dog is a Redboy/Snooty/Soloman dog...I think you'd best be served IF shes a good dog herself, to take her to a pure redboy male. JMO
    BB

5. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Id bet youd know better. Anyway IMO she wouldnt serve as a good dog to base your yard on ON PAPER.

Bubba I'm glad you wrote the lines cause I couldnt keep em straight in my head to list em all. LOL

I was just saying that bro/sis for a "quick fix" to tighten up the lines. Or go back to her dad.

Heavy on the Red Boy and Snooty in there. What about a Snooty dog instead of Red Boy?? I'm not real high on red boy myself( IMO thats why they added the jeep to the line cause it was falling off, not the other way around).

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2006
  6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

it wouldn't be a quick fix, it would be doubling up on the scatterbreeding. She may very well be a good dog to start a yard on, if shes a good dog. How shes bred doesn't matter as much, the quality that she is, is what matters.
    BB

7. dustinp87

dustinp87 Pup

im probably goin to a jocko/red dog the man i know has went more to the jocko

8. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I dont know the dogs as well as you do BB. I see where you are coming from. It makes sense. Tighten up on something in there. It'd make the gene pool smaller to narrow down what you like.

When I responded at first I threw the papers out the window because I didnt see any type of inbreeding. If he was going to start a yard around this one dog, why wouldnt he want to inbreed on her? Take one from that litter, then find a line he liked and breed that dog to it? He'd then have a choice of a male or a female to breed instead of just a female. Im sure that dog would produce ONE in the litter as good or better.

Just another way of thinking about it. YIS

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Inbreeding to a brother, would do nothing to tighten up on the lines, it would intensify the good and bad traits of those particular dogs, but at the end, it would just be an inbred jumble of dogs. By breeding it to a heavy or pure redboy dog, it would tighten up the lines as most of the dogs breeding is redboy crosses to being with.
    BB

10. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

her to a 50/50 dog jeep x rbj ??

11. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

dustin clear out your mail box on here

12. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I dont know about throwing the Jeep stuff in there? Could you tell us why?

13. ChAnimal

ChAnimal Big Dog

In my OPINION both them lines (jeep/redboy) are dull, boring, and a whole lot of other $hit i wont mention. Although RARELY some are the opposite.

14. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Hmmm..I dont see them(jeep with no redboy in it) as dull or boring. Because they breed the $hit out of the Tab, Gator, etc.. of course the dogs are gonna get diluted. They are breeding off the "Jeep/ Redboy" name or "Tab" or whatever dog they think will get them the most money from the public. I'd say a lot of jeep/rb dogs aren't bred right, mearly to make pretty papers.

I'm not big on the barnstorming,30 mins or less type dogs. I'd take a smart dog with good air(bolio,snooty) over a hard charger(mayday,zebo) any day.

CH. Animal, I'm under the impression you like the Sorrels dogs? I dont think we'll ever see eye to eye then. LOL They arent my favorite by a long shot. JMO dont everyone blast me.

YIS

15. dustinp87

dustinp87 Pup

u know i would rather take her snotty id love get me a pup off snooty red boy blood if yall now a kennel let me know

16. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Hey jeeperino, im curious what is ur opinion on the sorrells line, i was thinkin about gettin one from that line but haven't really heard anything about them

17. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I just know that its been around for a WHILE and HIGHLY advertised. You can see 10 of them at every dog show you go to. I think they advertise in Dog Fancy?
    When you talk dogs with some REAL dogmen.A sorrells will never be the topic of conversation. Unless you are calling a kennel that sells them.

I've never seen them hunt. But Ive read a lot of match reports from 1950's till the present time and cant recall off hand seeing much if any Sorrells breeding in the reports.

Maybe it's the area I'm in? Maybe I didnt' read enough reports? Maybe I should own one and find out? I dont know "everyone" or "everything" so I'm sure other people will disagree. But he did ask my opinion.

18. ChAnimal

ChAnimal Big Dog

LOL in all honesty Sorrells dogs are 10x gamer than any Jeep dog and thats a fact.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2006
  19. ChAnimal

ChAnimal Big Dog

Wait let me guess u talked to jeep/redboy breeders? LOL. Are u jokin about them the match reports in the 50's just get the book courage or old SDJ and YF&M any mag. LOL sorrells dogs have graced to cover of YF&M time and time again wtf are you talkin about? And btw how can u call a jeep dog game if he has been defending for the whole 2 hrs. He aint game he scared to get HURT! Cur w8in to happen. But thats just my opinion. Just take a look at recent times and you will see that these dogs are top notch comp dogs. And just because this line hasnt been bred 10000000000 of times doesnt mean that it dont produce.

And btw do u think that i would honestly like a 30 min cur? Do you think i would base my yeard of this stock if it wernt proven? Just because these dogs are 10x rougher than jeep dogs doent make them no curs. And btw ive ran through a fair bit of jeep stuff with no luck, i crossed it with Sorrells stuff and blam working dogs. That is the last bit of jeep i plan to ever have anywhere near my yard. These are MY experiences, yes experiences not stories told by people that have never gave it a go.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2006
  20. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Hey ChAnimal, I've heard that from a couple other people too that the sorrells line dominates most jeep lines. I think a lot of people don't like that line because it's advertised so much but who knows