1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Got a ?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jeepdogkennel, Feb 14, 2006.

1. 440rider

440rider Guest

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Unless you live where absolutely no one will see you...I dont recommend throwing all sorts of weights on your dog for a walk. Instead-walk more, and make it more strenuous and exciting. At a walk you should be able to cover apprx. 3-4 miles in an hour. If you can, after a mile or two-stop and play fetch to get them really sprinting.

3. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

O.K. I posted this question that I already had the answer to so I could see how much you pro's know about dogs since ya'll have all the answers and criticism. Actually the dog is not bored and since El Mexicano and Texasbulldogs suggested that, everybody else followed. As far as playing fetch with a ball, she hates balls if she is running loose and you through her a ball you will not get it back until it's in pieces. Actually, she is chewing up everything in her reach due to anger when she want's something that is out of her reach she grabs the closest thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006
  4. simms

simms CH Dog

Alot of dogs will do that same thing.....Go get her a steele barrel or box. It's not a big deal.

5. You are sadly mistaken. I gathered my thoughts from my own analysis. There is no need for other brains to do what mine does best. I gather my opinion on your dog from the little details you allowed us to read.

You think, believe, know that your dog is "angry" and that is the reason for its action. In my opinion, a tire dog is less likely to be an "angry" and distructive dog.

6. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

Rocky's Human you had a good detailed post as far as exercising a dog. But what I'm getting to is a lot of people on this site follow suit. simms is the only one that did not just advise me on boredom. This is suppose to be an informative site but, no one else covered any other reason's. This was my post

In no way does it lead in any direction but everybody exept for simms went for boredom. This is suppose to be an informative site. So I expected different opinions.

7. SFK

SFK Top Dog

So what are you trying to say? You stated a situation & asked for advice. Boredom was the first thing that popped in my head. I've had the situation arise, a little more attention & work & the situation disappeared. Congratulations on tricking us! That was awful clever of you!

8. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

Just trying to get people on this site to be a little more open minded. Everyone thinks that they have had a problem and took care of it, then they see the same symptoms and assume the same problem. People don't know what is wrong with dogs most of the time, they just assume they do. I am trying to get people to give several reasons to a problem, not everybody give advice to the same assumption. And everyone on here as soon as something happens says take the dog to the vet. I hate to tell ya'll but I have been told wrong by vet's several times.

9. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

u asked us what was wrong with ur dog we told u she was bored u told us no she wasnt she got 1/2 sometimes even one mile a day?!?!?!?!i dont think u would want to be chained up all day long and only taken out half a mile day.

10. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

I have no more replies for this post I see another point of mine is made. Once ya'lls mind is made up you will listen to no one else.

11. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Actually, she is chewing up everything in her reach due to anger when she want's something that is out of her reach she grabs the closest thing.
    That anger stems from…BOREDOM! Has absolutely nothing to do with being an APBT or “game-bred”. If limited on time-get a bike and work her hard to drain that energy…that’s what she’s wanting. This is a working breed and if not worked they become destructive, some more so than others. She is not “old” by any means and most don’t even consider a dog in their prime until 5 years of age. Then after she is worked end the session with obedience work.

12. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

u wont listen to nobody u only hear what u want to hear!we are just tryinto help ur "unedumacated" self

13. jeepdogkennel

jeepdogkennel Big Dog

If you are trying to help with the boredom issue then explain to me why when she is moved away from my other dogs, and they are out of her sight the tearing shit up stops and the dog is calm. Yes, even with no exercise the tearing up of shit stops. So is it still boredom?

14. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

So is it still boredom?
    Yes they just provide a means to “release” some of her frustration. She is bored and needs a way to correctly release all her pent up energy and needs have a “purpose” in life so to speak. As of now all she is doing is rotting on her chain and has no means of releasing her energy in a positive way so she does so by being destructive.

15. Again, this is my opinion:

why do you not try out what we suggest? If you get your dog tire every day for 1 or 2 weeks, you will notice that your bitch will not be as "angry". Try and see.

16. simms

simms CH Dog

I've had many dogs do what you describe. It's a pain in the ass.LOL

You know what your dog is telling you. However how you handle... your dog is at your descressions.

17. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

You ask for advice, it's given it to you. Then you don't like the advice/suggestions. Why the heck did you ask???

18. ChAnimal

ChAnimal Big Dog

Cant be stopped, some do, it some dont.

19. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

well first of all don't come to the table with part of the Q. With the part that you did give the people that has the experience told you there thoughts. Me i have more room to do more so i haven't used the dack pack but i haveseen it on the Dog Whisperer and it worked grate ever time. Don't come down on people with what they give when you weren't toldly honest yourself.

20. simms

simms CH Dog

It wasn't that hard to read into what the question was about. Sure information is everything....Wouldn't it be easier if we could all cut to the chase...LOL

However, comunication and articulating ones self is a developed skill. There has been several times that "I" could have used a better word or refraised a question or response.

So as far as Jeepdog being honest, I don't think this was dishonest...lol...I think the origanal Question could have been worded better.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2006