1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Got to check this out.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Whiskey Bay, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Although I agree in most cases APBT's should not be used for protection types,I HAD to post this!!!While I was checking out a link in another thread,I realized this was one of the circuits a very good friend of mine(a K9 officer) showed with.He has taken a first and a third place with his APBT(Mako) with only two shows under his belt with them.

But the best part was when reading their VERY FIRST inductee into their hall of Champions.Here is the link to that particular page:
    http://www.k-9prosport.com/hocbomber.htm
    but I would really like to put in a couple of excerpts from her mention:

Bombers greatest accomplishments for dog owners, and especially APBT and Am Staff owners everywhere, was as goodwill ambassador for the breed.
    From nursing homes to children's events Bombers' outgoing friendly nature and excellent training made him a hit with all who encountered him. His good nature and patience with the elderly impressed newspapers and television stations alike. Bomber has been featured on TV as well as written up in the Los Angeles newspapers for his great demeanor and exceptional training.
    At a time when the greatest breed ever produced in America is being constantly maligned in the press, Bomber has shown the true nature of this exceptional American breed.
    It is with high regard for a great American breed, that the first inductee into the K9 PRO SPORTS Hall Of Fame, is one of the best good will ambassadors that breed or K9 PRO SPORTS and Personal Protection dogs have ever had.

2. Yes, while we do not encourage protection training, this dog is certainly an Ambassador to our breed. He has been trained for protection and for caring of the elderly. If the dog owners that train their APBT for protection also trained for companionship of the elderly and children, then, I would not be against it. This dog is absolutely a well rounded dog.

Thanks for opening this thread.

3. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

thats a great story

4. auggiedog

auggiedog Pup

this is a great show of temperment and how apbt's can excell in any arena

5. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

really cool!!

6. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

That's just it! A dog must be a well-rounded dog before a good protection trainer will even touch it! The process that goes into such a determination is as thorough and stringent as it gets.

7. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Awesome, good post Whiskey...

8. fyremyst

fyremyst Big Dog

awesome story we need more like this

9. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

I wonder will he have to be tested before breeding? He may be cur. ( to anyone without a sense of humor I do not believe in fighting). Is this a good canidate for breeding if he as some seem to think has not been tested. I think the dog is a great ambassador for the breed. But I am not of the "old school". Whisky I am glad you posted this.