1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

GRCH Buck

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by popper, Dec 23, 2009.

1. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

cheer's jrouble, lol..i did read it wrong, my apologies for that.:o

2. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

thats just part of a long list.lol, some people never stop amazing me lol..:rolleyes:

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

That list was over the course of a year. 18-4 was a bad year for the Rebel. i remember calling him in '86 around Christmas time and asked him how his year went. He said he went 27-3 I said that was a great year he said it was Ok year. Over the course of 5 or 6 years he averaged 25+ matches. He once had a stud lineup like this advertised in one Journal ad.

Ch Turtle ROM
    Ch Bubba ROM
    Ch Homer ROM
    Ch Sundance ROM
    Gr Ch Sandman(before his los to Buck when he still was a Gr Ch)

Great breeders are lucky to ever have ONE champion ROM dog in their lifetime. In addition to the above mentioned studs he probably had another half dozen champs on his yard like Ch Toot, Gr Ch Shady Lady.

4. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

With the money he had from drugs, alot of dogmen could of been out there matching dogs as much as he was. This gave him the ability to get his hands on dogs the average hard worker has to work and save to get. He wasn't breeding these great dogs....he bought them!! Money can get you great advantages in most any venture.....even the dog game! Had he not been a drug dealer we might not have ever heard of him. I doubt he would be near the accomplished dogman he was, had he not had the loot to finance his career! All the money & titles in the world wouldn't get him my respect after the things he's done! IMO he's like the Mark McGuire of the dog game! They both took the easy road and that bitch named Karma came to get hers in the end!!!!!!!

5. homer39

homer39 Banned

behavin you missed the point he could have met harder competition instead of 10 min currs or was that the best america had

6. Jrouble

Jrouble Big Dog

Here are some stats from the year when he won dogman of the year, featured on page 1 of this article.

Total Number of Matches: 24
    Average Match Duration: 0:45
    Number of UNTESTED dogs, he put into 2xW and CH's: 3
    Number of TESTED dogs, he put into UNTESTED dogs: 4
    Number of Wins: 19

Add to that 1 x Gr CH VS Gr CH Matchup - which ended up being one of the most epic battles of all time (3:17), against arguably one of the greatest bulldogs of all time.

Pretty easy to say he ran up against 10 minute curs without actually looking at the information, breaking it down, and coming up with FACTS to support your argument :rolleyes:

7. homer39

homer39 Banned

yara beat cinch 3 mins,precious beat kimberly 7 mins and the list goes on come on wise up

8. Jrouble

Jrouble Big Dog

I'll let you decide whether calculating holistic mean averages, is more succinct than pointing out singularities in a group of statistics :cool:

All I'm saying is, regardless of what the guy did in his personal life, he had some good dogs, does it matter if he bought em or bred em? They still got the job done and were no less of a bulldog.

People do some pretty crazy stuff, for some pretty crazy reasons - I've been in a few tight spots myself in my life, and I learnt not to pass judgement on ANYONE unless you've walked a mile in their shoes.

9. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

a short match time does not always equal rubbish dogs. ch gus was by all accounts a hell of a dog yet he lost in 4 minutes or thereabouts to gr ch ajax, shit can happen in a m,atch just like the freak thing that happened to gus, it does not make him garbage just unfortunate.another example would be dancing bears loss to gr ch badger, again nothing could have been done, just unfortunate.

10. homer39

homer39 Banned

jrouble you asked for the facts,when they were already on the list, yes sunbeam there plenty of quick ones just find it funny when one kennel has there fair share of them,and of badger i allways thought he should have had 6

11. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

Plus....you think he put 24 dogs through 8 week keeps in 12 months. NO WAY!!! He had much help and he had the money to finance the help. Plus he didn't go for small change. He went for Big Bucks! This helped him become dogman of the year. He would of NEVER accomplished this, had he not had the loot to finance it! And when it all came down he curred and sent some GAME fellas up the river!

12. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

NorthernOutlaw you have a hard on for the Rebel. Reading your posts it's obvious you didn't KNOW the Rebel. The Rebel bred alot of the champions he matched, I'll come up with a list in my next post. He bred ALOT of champions, ALOT. The only dog I can think of that he paid over $1000 for is Homer. Alot of dogs he got free or bought as pups. The amount of some of the bets were big but the Rebel would just as quickly bet $5 on a match. The majority of his matches were never over $500. Between the Rebel, his wife and Bob they conditioned dogs like it was a job. His wife was ahead of the curve 25 year ago when it came to conditioning and it wasn't uncommon to see 5 or 6 dogs running mills at one time.

13. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Here is an incomplete list of champions and gr champions the Rebel bred. I'll start with the Luke/Ruby litters wchich went 14-2 and the two losses were to Gr Ch Buck & Gr Ch Queen of Hearts.

Ch Leroy
    Ch Lou 3x1L
    Ch Sandman 5x1L
    Ch Toot

Gr Ch Sampson
    Gr Ch Roscoe
    Ch Smack
    Ch Spookie 4x
    Ch Bossy Jr
    Ch Whitehead
    Ch Turtle Jr
    Ch Stephano
    Ch Cleopatra 4x

I'm sure there are more but my memory isn't what it used to be. Notice that list didn't include champions, 2x, 1x or dogs he bred or bought as pups that he matched to championships.

The Rebel dominated his era like no other dogman in documented history!

14. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

great post

15. orb

orb Pup

How much time did Ricky get ? I know Moreno got Life and Smith got like 15yrs. I know Ricky cooperated but not sure if he did time . Also heard he was killed in a car wreck.... any truth to that

16. What a sorry excuse you are making for a snitch...........

From someone who has been in the core, who had the trust of his kin, it is a dead-sin what he did.

If we can't trust our secrets to be safe with our own whom can we trust ?

Snitch is a Snitch no matter what he did before !