1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Greenwood dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by RedGoodbye, Sep 18, 2013.

1. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

You know? I have heard, but it has been so long ago I have forgotten. I spoke with Jessop once in a blue moon years ago, but never about that.

2. Mange if I remember correctly. Jessop? Even smaller....... Did you know JG, WP or I.D. C?

3. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I can't really define common initials. I MAY have known them. I didn't know Cole personally, but I did know a few people who had a dog or two from him. An old chicken man used to hang out with the Greenwood fold named Dave Peck. He was just about always where something was happening, so he had lots of good stories to tell a young man at the time. I've likely known ten people with each of those initials, so I'd need something a little easier to decode.

4. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Hold on .......stop da got damn buss...Now am I hearing you two right? Huh TDK..huh Rock?? R u two greenhorns sugesting we breed on individual dogs and the traits thay throw ...as well as matching up pedigrees? !!??!? Get the fuck out...that shit sounds like actual work.... almost like there is an art to doing it corectly. ...bullshit!! Lmao

5. Fair enough. Although I remember reading an interview with some ol' timer who was asked about a famous stolen dog and who he thought might have stolen him; the ol' timer wouldn't even tell the interviewee what side of the Mississippi the suspected dog thief resided for fear of being too transparent because the communtiy is relatively small (everyone pretty much knows everyone or knows someone that knows someone). That being said, the gentleman I spoke with said that Needham had some damn good dogs. He also tells a great story about some of these folks getting knocked out by L. Lewis. Crazy shit.

6. keystone

keystone CH Dog

strange farrely's margoe .....does have unknowed mother ....

7. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

That's a tongue twister.

8. keystone

keystone CH Dog

very intersting ......

9. b dub

b dub Pup

can someone post a ped for greenwooods ch.strider that would be nice to have...thnxs

10. Mousie

Mousie Pup

11. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

12. you no you want to no more on that line call ozzie stevens homer, was green wood blood off oakie,ms holladay thats proven stock.

13. great rambling what you say is good info to these new dog mean just looking for a quick buck not wanting solid breed dogs.

14. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

did you ever get the pup red

15. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

Thanks TDK, well said.

Here is a pic of a Williams dog named Jack, that supposedly went to Ralph. Now this is obviously long before the 'Blue Monday' era, but interesting none the less, in the fact of 'time in the game' for a truly great dogman.

Attached Files:

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I really think Jim Williams was one of the most unsung, great breeders of all times.

17. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

I agree 100%..and amazing lifes work...truly world class

Attached Files:

18. pbs69

pbs69 Pup

couldn't said it better myself.....

19. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....thats a fact....and a-lot of others....who did not suffer from ego-mania....

20. bounty

bounty Big Dog