1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Grooming for show...

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by GrChPitBitch, Jun 21, 2004.

1. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

Any kind of special grooming for the show ring?? whiskers cut or left?? can I trim the hairs on the end of the tail?? Any tips??
    HELP!!

2. crossfire

crossfire Big Dog

i dont feel that there is any reason to groom one for the ring i am sure some do though. you can get some show sheen and wipe the dog down some to help the coat be a lil more shiny but thats all i do and have had sucess with it

3. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

Prob all Ill do.... just a nail trim, a good brushen, and a bath in sum of that shampoo for dogs with white hair... the purple stuff.... The rest is up to her!! ;) :p

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Try Polar White ..it works really well and is less exspensive than alot ..tuns about 6 dollars fora bottle. Thats all I use .. I have one dog with lots of white and I bathe him 4 days before, and then the day before the show and give a good brishing, nail trimming if needed. Nothing wrong with taking pride in your dogs and having them gleam :)

5. True_Bulldog

True_Bulldog Big Dog

I trim their nails, bathe them, brush them and then wipe them down. Nothing real special, just making sure their clean, works pretty well.

6. Flawless1

Flawless1 Pup

Something I do before a show is trim the hair inside my dog's ears. If your dog has cropped ears it will give her a sharp look if you trim the hair on the outer edge, real close to the ear, and the hair inside the ear, making it also very close to the skin. It might take some time for you to get your dog used to the process, and have her stay still. Good Luck.

7. hawk

hawk Big Dog

The NEW trend is to add cotton to your all white dog to give it the poodle cut look. Now that's HOT!!!;)

8. jasong

jasong Big Dog

I hope that's a joke!

9. hawk

hawk Big Dog

Yes it was a JOKE!!!

10. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

where can you buy polar white

11. Suki

Suki Guest

12. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

I like the whiteing horse shampoo it works better and it's less expensive. Found in any feed store. I use it on my dogs white socks they get all nasty from dirt and grime it really makes em' white.