1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gun thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yardboy, May 5, 2010.

1. bushwick

bushwick Big Dog

There's a gun shop around my way that never did run out of 22 ammo even when homeland security was buying it all up.......They never jacked their prices, and had everything from subsonics to CCI hyper velocity rounds.......Everyone was stressing over Walmart not having anything, but these guy had everything, and still do.

2. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Re: Work

Did you say you work in the medical field and do gunsmithing?

3. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Yes Sir, that's correct. Medical field and I do generalized Gunsmithing but specialize in Custom built 1911's and Military style Rifles. But work on anything.

4. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

I don't have a 1911 yet, but I have seen some I would like to have. What do you think nice stock brands/models are? Something that works well right out of the box.

5. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Well, as far as consistency, Colt, Kimber are a couple that are fairly good out of the box. Quality control has improved. However they are upper tier production Guns. So they will be atleast $800 on up. But if you want a pretty good production gun that's cheap. Rock islands can be had for $399. They are pretty good guns for the price. Actually milled out on colts old machines. They are made in the Philippines. May require some fine tuning but not always, meaning polishing feed ramp, extractor tune and de-burr surfaces. But that should be it. Specs are normally decent.

6. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

The few kimbers I've had experience with I hated. Seemed like high priced pretty show pieces that were real finicky. Then again I'm not a 1911 fan.

7. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

All 1911's are finicky, unless you buy a Wilson Combat, Night Hawk Custom or a Les Baer. Those are hand built, fine tuned by the custom shop before shipped. And better be for the $2500 to $4500 price tag. Production pistols are just that, massed produced and check by quality control. Every now and the you get a bad one or for a consistent bit the quality control will be sub par. They batch test, not each individual piece and hand fit each piece like the names mentioned above. Yes, Kimbers are pricey, they are proud, Id prefer a Colt. Better name, better resale value and less money. I am not a huge Kimber guy either, but quality control has picked up and they are putting out decently spec guns. Entry level KImber like the Pro Carey for $800 would be the one Id buy. Unless you willing to pay the price for their custom shop guns. I wouldn't, Id just buy one of the names mentioned for that price. I either carry a custom colt, built by myself and hand fitted, or a gun I build from the ground up out of a block of steel. You can find me and my partners 1911's online. I have been apprenticing under him for two years and recently agreed to a partnership. A well built 1911 is the most accurate and durable pistol in the world. Tight tolerances and good steel make it so. The problem with 1911's is it was not designed to shoot JHP. Only FMJ. So the barrel and feed ramp in a lot of guns has to be throated and polished. That's why you get jams using JHP.

8. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

I'm a big fan of glock also had good luck with HK n Sig. Bang for the buck I'll stick with my glock.

9. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Glock and Sig are very good guns. Loose tolerances allow for reliability. But polymer is just not as hardy as steel. Yes it's lighter and more comfortable to carry. That's why most departments carry polymer handguns. Military and FBI still use steel. The Beretta M9 and Kimber Pro Carry Custom for the FBI. A lot of swats use the 1911 to. I carry i mixture of both depending on what I'm wearing. Summer months mean smaller lighter, while winter I can tuck away a steel 1911. But you can get 1911's in aluminum frames so they are 20oz lighter. Closer to a polymer weight. But like I said, I own a bit of everything and carry everything, change guns like I change my underwear lol.

10. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

1911s SUCK Part 1: [video=youtube_share;HfJj90eNIfE]http://youtu.be/HfJj90eNIfE[/video]
    1911s SUCK Part 2: [video=youtube_share;dYEd-3iy4QM]http://youtu.be/dYEd-3iy4QM[/video]

11. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

I hear Ya, the age old debate. Glock Vs 1911. While I do carry polymer guns at times to. The Glock is not one of them. The Luger based grip angle feels weird. So I carry a S&W M&P 9mm. It's based on the 1911 grip angle. Feels better to me. However, accuracy alone the 1911 has polymer guns beat hands down. If I was shooting a bulls eye match. It wouldn't be with a loose polymer gun. But self defense, they are just as good as anything else.

12. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Don't like either, prefer to carry my Ruger SR9c or my Beretta Tomcat if I just want to throw something in my pocket. Always hated Glocks and 1911's are too big to carry concealed, on me anyways.

13. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Agk, could you possibly make the gun talk a different thread for us, good sir? Might be a good one.

14. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Moved and bumped. Let's talk guns.

15. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Here's my favorite
    [​IMG]

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Thank you Treez for getting those for me. Appreciate it.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol dam all I carry is a 38 special snub nose..Got a 12 gauge for home protection so I don't have to see you all I do is point in your direction.Got a couple deer rifles , nothing fancy and yea I have had to pull the trigger on another man when it counted

18. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Nice treeZ I've got a couple Russian SKS's, I fancy those a bit more than an AK. Colt 1911 govt model is my favorite handgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Cajun, why you prefer a Russian SKS over a Russian AK-47?

20. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Muzzle doesn't bounce around as much when your shooting. Also more accurate IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk