1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Halfway Home - A Bully Pit Stop

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by maryellen1, Aug 25, 2006.

1. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

I and Shane (usurpers26) are pleased to announce the grand opening of our new rescue.....

Halfway Home A Bully Pit Stop
    www.hwhabullypitstop.com

Thank YOU to all who donated their pictures, logos, and who helped me realize my dream of opening a reputable rescue on the east coast..

Please take a look at our new rescue, and let us know how you like it..

and, a HUGE THANK YOU TO SHANE (USURPERS26) WHO DESIGNED THE ENTIRE WEBSITE, DID ALL THE WORK, AND GOT IT UP AND RUNNING. . i could not have done it without him!!!

2. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Good Luck to you on that! I am green with envy. It is a dream of mine that I intend to make true to also do some rescue work again. Very fullfilling hobby.

3. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Oooh, Congratulations maryellen! Your website is wonderful! You are the most wonderful person to open your home to all these bullies! I hope that all goes well for you!

4. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

Congrats! I'm glad someone is doing something on the east coast!

5. Attila

Attila Guest

That is very nice. good job. Glad it has come true.

6. asaj

asaj Big Dog

I wish you the best of the best!

7. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Good luck,,,don't let yourself get burnt out,,,bless your heart

8. Rottweilerlvr

Rottweilerlvr Big Dog

Congrats... The website is beautiful, love all the pictures!!

9. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Good for you, help the breed.

10. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

Congrats to you for accomplishing your dreams !!!! I too would like to open a rescue down our way as we don't even have a local animal control, much less a shelter of some sort. I truly wish you the best of luck.

11. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

thank you everyone! i am now going to file for my Inc. status, then start filing for my nonprofit 501c3 status as well.

Vicki likes this.
  12. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Fabulous! Have you taken any grant writing courses? Once you become a ligit non profit, you can take free grant writing courses or attend cheap seminars. It's worth it, they give you a lot of pointers. It's hard starting out, but if you are good at writing then you might be able to get some grants in the begining. Everything from building kennels, heating/cooling systems to yearly veterinary allowances. There's a lot of grant money out there for this stuff, so take a peek at it if you haven't already.

Vicki likes this.
  13. LASGTA88

LASGTA88 Pup

i have a two year old male i am tryin to find a good home for in Kansas City and with the new bans its not easy.. wish i knew what to do

LA