1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hallo from SC!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Blau, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Hey y'all! I'm new here, followed my friend Muttkip onto this site.
    I'm almost seventeen, but have been into APBT's for quite some time. Unfortunately I can't own one at the moment, but I would love to train a pit as a Schutzhund after the Military in a few years. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can about the breed here before I finally get one of my own.

I currently own one 4 year old German shepherd dog, Graham's Shaken Not Stirred 'Jayda' (: She has one floppy ear, haha.

-Blau

2. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Hey Blau, welcome to game-dog.

I just turned 18, and I can relate to the feeling of not having an APBT when it's all you want in the world. I had been dying for a pit bull since I first laid eyes on one, and that feeling has never left me. I got my first "pet bull" at 11 years old, and he has been wonderful. He's taught me so much about the breed, and how to handle them. Let me tell you, walking a dog aggressive animal that at the time weighed not much less than me (i'm petite lol) was quite the learning experience, but I've become a better dog owner because of it. Later I got a Boxer/APBT mix, and now I have nearly 6 month old pit bull that I am training in French Ring (similar to schutzhund). I still don't have the game bred dog I'd love to own, but I have my hands filled with the dogs I do have, so I'll have to wait a while to buy my next pup. :)

Enjoy this website, the amount you'll learn from it is outstanding.

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Hello Blau and Welcome. We are glad you joined this community.
    Here we strive to maintain the preservation of the breed and to aid in the fight against BSL. We hope you will read the Forum rules before posting.
    There is a ton of knowledge on this site so please use the search feature and look at what we have to offer. If you have a question, please ask.
    Again, we welcome you to Game-Dog and we hope you enjoy your stay with us. [​IMG]

chinasmom

4. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Hi Blau! Welcome to Game-Dog!:)

5. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Hello, and thanks for the responses!
    Yep, I'm really looking forward to owning a game bred dog, but... I won't be ready for that kind of intensity for quite some time. I used to be interested in conformation Jr handling showing, but not so much anymore. I prefer working dogs now :D

6. Muttkip

Muttkip Big Dog

Hi Blau :D!!!